What infamous days do you remember?

Fizzzzle

1 hour ago, Rachel said:

I remember the day Michael Jackson died because I was interning in a TV news room when it happened. So that was wild lol. Fuck that piece of shit, hope he’s rotting in hell. 

Oh and of course I remember 9/11, not only for the obvious but also it was the day I got my first period. What a confusing time for young Rachel. 

@kittykat's hormones caused 9/11

9/11 would be one. I feel bad that in terms of major UK, and global incidents I can remember the fact, but not my place.

7/7, the Ariana Grande concert, the bridge attack, start of the second gulf war etc are all in my memory - but only that. Which is odd really as I’m fairly good at remembering a lot of things from a particular event (usually).

Another one I just remembered: Game 7 of the 2000 Western Conference Finals. The Blazers were up by like 20 points at the start of the 4th.. My mom made us go to cirque du soleil that night. Basically all the dudes in the crowd were taking trips to the mezzanine to "go to the bathroom" meanwhile there was just one dude with a radio tuned to the Blazer game

The Blazers collapsed. I  became a   basketball cynic afterward

3 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

Another one I just remembered: Game 7 of the 2000 Western Conference Finals. The Blazers were up by like 20 points at the start of the 4th.. My mom made us go to cirque du soleil that night. Basically all the dudes in the crowd were taking trips to the mezzanine to "go to the bathroom" meanwhile there was just one dude with a radio tuned to the Blazer game

The Blazers collapsed. I  became a   basketball cynic afterward

4 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I mean you don't gotta do me like that

The thing is that year everyone knew that whoever won the Portland/LA series would fucking steamroll the Pacers (which the Lakers promptly did). So that game was basically the NBA championship and Portland fucking blew it. No two ways about it. Scottie Pippin and Rasheed Wallace turned into popsicles, Damon Stoudamire was Damon Stoudamire. It was a travesty, a sham and a mockery. A traveshamockery.

• Haha 1

Definitely 9-11. I was a freshman in high school. 

Jonesboro school shooting in 1998. It was so close to me and I was on spring break. I didn’t know about Columbine at the time because I was on a school trip to Yellowstone when it happened and the teachers didn’t want to tell us. I also recall Sandy Hook well. I was at work at watched the coverage on TV. 

I remember parts of the OJ trial and the OKC Bombing. I was in third grade. 

I can also recall parts of the West Memphis Three case. I was really young, but again, it was really close to my hometown and got a lot of coverage and the victims were around my age. 

15 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Jordan > Kobe > Pippen > LeBum

Pippen is not in the same conversation with LeBron. Trust me, I'm no longer the biggest fan of him but he is top 5 to ever play. MJ will never be touched. I watch highlights of him every night on YouTube and still I'm amazed. The 80's he was fucking ridiculous. 

9/11 I remember being woken up by my mom and her putting on my tv, and I though she put on Die Hard with a Vengeance. Then going into work trying to get the Spider-Man banner/trailer to take home (which I did not)

OJ Acquittal - was in grade 7 or 8 and was in the school stairwell with other students working on a presentation we would have to do in front of class. Then one of the guys in my class just ran down the hall from the library screaming “The Juice is loose. OJ was found not guilty” and he was happy about it

Princess Diana Death was watching one of the first UFC fights on vhs at home. Turned off and came to the breaking news of her passing 

Michael Jackson Death was working in my projection booth making up some prints when the news came on my tv. I was given walkie talkie updates from the initial ride to his passing

Sandyhook as we were at home waiting on news of my first niece being born. 

Last Shuttle disaster I remember catching flicking channels and seeing the debris burning up on CNN

Trump Elected it was so sad to see Colbert make that announcement and him grabbing a scotch/bourbon to feel a bit better

Phil Hartman death I remember hearing on my personal radio in my Grade 10 geography class. 

John Candy Death was March 4th and remember coming back from my first ski trip with my Grade 6 class, and seeing it on our Canadian news stations. 

and many more sadly and again mostly at home with family on CNN for the most part.

Not sure why people are naming Michael Jackson's death as significant. He was a child molester who could dance pretty well. I'm half kidding. I remember that day, too.

Everything else has been mentioned. I was in I believe 5th grade when OJ was on the run. I was in an all white catholic school and we had one black kid. I remember him jumping up and down when we watched the trial and found not guilty. :|

• True 1

I remember my family and I watching the OJ 'chase' when we were up north, on the old black and white cottage TV.

We watched the Clinton trial on TV, at school. I only cared because I wanted to hear about the cigar.

I was asleep when the 9/11 attack first started. I remember hearing my grandma's voice, leaving me a message on the answering machine... 'you should turn on the tv'.