Eric Adams’s First Test: Stand Up to BLM Mayhem-Making

eric-adams-campaign.jpg?fit=2057%2C1200&
WWW.NATIONALREVIEW.COM

Can the mayor-elect save his city and his party from anti-police radicalism?

Adams, however, has promised to correct chaos with order. He means to reverse de Blasio’s regressive crime policies that did away with key anti-crime units. Adams said there should be more, not fewer, NYPD officers on the streets — including a plainclothes unit. He also said that the state’s lenient bail reforms weren’t fit for purpose: “We cannot allow the slogans and bumper stickers to make their way into our courtrooms and impact the actions our judges are taking.” Adams is also in favor of a reformed version of “stop and frisk,” which he has called “stop, question, and frisk.”

FV4IMW7E4JEITOSACRSUZKHOTI.JPG
WWW.NYDAILYNEWS.COM

The incoming mayor erupted when BLM co-founder Hawk Newsome told him the organization would hold him responsible for any future misconduct by NYPD officers.
5SYSNCNB2VDZPNI4E7HCUSBQIU.JPG
WWW.NYDAILYNEWS.COM

Tony Herbert, who recently lost a longshot bid for Public Advocate on the Conservative Party ticket, wrote that New Yorkers would “declare war” if the protesters riot.

Jon Stewart Popcorn GIF

“If he thinks that they’re going to go back to the old ways of policing, then we are going to take to the streets again. There will be riots, there will be fire and there will be bloodshed because we believe in defending our people,” said Hawk Newsome, co-founder of a group known as Black Lives Matter of Greater New York, after a heated meeting with Adams in Brooklyn Borough Hall.

elmo-burn-bitch.gif

#RIPNYC

Is CBS also fake news? Was that an actor impersonating Eric Adams?

MayorElect-Eric-Adams-Faces-Off-With-Bla
WWW.NBCNEWYORK.COM

There are escalating tensions between New York City’s next mayor and some leaders of the Black Lives Matter movement over a proposed new NYPD unit.

NBC New York also "fake news"?

Must be more fake news?

This is just a hodgepodge of posts with no discernible point or statement.

Its amazing you can actually link to these things and include the “ah hah but the real news said!” pieces and not be able to tell the difference between culture war bullshit and stating something that is happening.

Posting a mix of opinion pieces and news articles without stating any opinion or context yourself is some cowardly shit. There’s some serious “I’m against BLM but I’m too much of a pussy to say it” energy going on here.

15 minutes ago, stepee said:

This is just a hodgepodge of posts with no discernible point or statement.

Its amazing you can actually link to these things and include the “ah hah but the real news said!” pieces and not be able to tell the difference between culture war bullshit and stating something that is happening.

Posting a mix of opinion pieces and news articles without stating any opinion or context yourself is some cowardly shit. There’s some serious “I’m against BLM but I’m too much of a pussy to say it” energy going on here.

Lately he's been coming off like a bot that just auto shares whatever click baity bullshit pops up in the Discover column when you open up a new tab on Chrome mobile. 

5 minutes ago, Brick said:

Lately he's been coming off like a bot that just auto shares whatever click baity bullshit pops up in the Discover column when you open up a new tab on Chrome mobile. 

lol yeah that’s what I guess it as too, the google discover feed. Scary to watch it turn so far right propaganda for him, but I suppose that just means he’s hooked in and consuming a lot of it. 

1 minute ago, stepee said:

lol yeah that’s what I guess it as too, the google discover feed. Scary to watch it turn so far right propaganda for him, but I suppose that just means he’s hooked in and consuming a lot of it. 

He use to just thread dump movie trailers for shit no one was ever going to watch. Now he's a full blown chud.

• Shocked 1

My google feed is happily just video game stuff. I could see google starting to fill people up with right wing propaganda nonsense though. I feel like someone with a feed like RR is likely searching online for what their political thoughts are supposed to be and how to react to things all the time since they love their wittle marching orders.

9 minutes ago, Joe said:

It’s like shit my mom texts me. What are the odds he’s even read one of those articles?

Not a fucking chance, not even the national review one. I think it’s not really about the content as much as the *vibes*. The little blurbs they get are enough to give them some vibes and then they feel the need to spread them, but not really the need for any thought.

As an aside speaking of the National Review, I was watching William F Buckley Jr interview Groucho Marx back on his firing line show in the 60s and it was a pretty interesting watch, Groucho had quite progressive politics regarding poc for the time, especially for someone who didn’t extend that same progressiveness towards women. 

But it’s funny when you watch these “conservative intellectuals” a bit further back in history and how their ideas really break apart quickly as time goes by.

It’s kind of like how a comedian that uses shock value as part of their act ages. Since they are trying to get so close to that line that as soon as society adjusts just a little bit to be less hateful in some regard it’s out of date.

And that’s what a supposed “intellectual” like William F Buckley Jr seems like to me, just trying to get as close to the line of what is allowed to say politely regarding any relinquishing of white dominance.

And I guess it’s just funny because I don’t see much intellectualism in holding sociopolitical views that constantly need realignment because everything you say sounds horrible within a decade or less.

13 hours ago, stepee said:

Not a fucking chance, not even the national review one. I think it’s not really about the content as much as the *vibes*. The little blurbs they get are enough to give them some vibes and then they feel the need to spread them, but not really the need for any thought.

As an aside speaking of the National Review, I was watching William F Buckley Jr interview Groucho Marx back on his firing line show in the 60s and it was a pretty interesting watch, Groucho had quite progressive politics regarding poc for the time, especially for someone who didn’t extend that same progressiveness towards women. 

But it’s funny when you watch these “conservative intellectuals” a bit further back in history and how their ideas really break apart quickly as time goes by.

It’s kind of like how a comedian that uses shock value as part of their act ages. Since they are trying to get so close to that line that as soon as society adjusts just a little bit to be less hateful in some regard it’s out of date.

And that’s what a supposed “intellectual” like William F Buckley Jr seems like to me, just trying to get as close to the line of what is allowed to say politely regarding any relinquishing of white dominance.

And I guess it’s just funny because I don’t see much intellectualism in holding sociopolitical views that constantly need realignment because everything you say sounds horrible within a decade or less.

anyone who lauds Buckley (and isn't a conservative themselves) has never actually read anything he ever said or wrote, or read anything about his run for NYC mayor in 65. He was a pro-police hardliner and used "racially inflammatory" speech and won a quarter of the vote in reactionary Staten Island on the Conservative Party ticket.