Prey (Hulu, 05 August 2022) - a Predator film set in the Comanche Nation of 1719, update: Official Trailer, option to watch film in Comanche language

I am in

I cant help but wonder if this based on the May Blood Pave My Home short story

May Blood Pave My Way Home is a 2017 short story written by Weston Ochse, published by Titan Books as part of the anthology Predator: If It Bleeds. In the story, a unit of African-American cavalry soldiers pursuing Pancho Villa and his rebels through Mexico discover that the local Comanche tribe have made a very strange alliance

• 6 months later...

The filmmakers were committed to creating a film that provides an accurate portrayal of the Comanche and brings a level of authenticity that rings true to its Indigenous peoples. Myers, an acclaimed filmmaker, Sundance Fellow and member of the Comanche nation herself, is known for her attention and dedication to films surrounding the Comanche and Blackfeet nations and her passion for honoring the legacies of the Native communities. As a result, the film features a cast comprised almost entirely of Native and First Nation's talent, including Amber Midthunder ("The Ice Road," "Roswell, New Mexico"), newcomer Dakota Beavers, Stormee Kipp ("Sooyii"), Michelle Thrush ("The Journey Home"), Julian Black Antelope ("Tribal").

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Prey (Hulu, 05 August 2022) - a Predator film set in the Comanche Nation of 1719, update: Teaser Trailer
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Prey (Hulu, 05 August 2022) - a Predator film set in the Comanche Nation of 1719, update: Official Trailer
4 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Man, I really do wish all the dialogue was in the Comanche language, but I can thoroughly understand the great difficulty that would entail.

OH SNAP!!! @Brick

l-intro-1654565926.jpg
WWW.SLASHFILM.COM

The production is making history with this move.

• Shocked 1
  • Halal 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Prey (Hulu, 05 August 2022) - a Predator film set in the Comanche Nation of 1719, update: Official Trailer, option to watch film in Comanche language

I also just wanted to say the trailer made it look really good. It felt primal, which is what Predator should feel like. It's a perfectly chosen period setting. Makes me feel they need to get Dan Trachtenberg for the Horizon TV show. 

I'm still sort of bummed how Shane Black's The Predator went ultimately (when it should have been really good), though I actually felt Nimrod Antal's Predators was pretty underrated from 2010; which again was a cool, unique setting.

• 1 month later...

New movie looks good and I’m glad for the native tongue being offered as well, and I think will be my way to watch (might switch between the 2) I kinda like the “Shane Black” Predator movie in a cheesy entertaining way (seen 3 times) I liked the concept from before that as well, being setup in a completely different environment. So count me in for a viewing eventually, and thankfully will be on Disney+ Canada 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/22/2022 at 9:19 PM, skillzdadirecta said:

The best Predator movie since the first one was the Adrian Brody one. That Shane Black one was Baaaaaaaad.

One of those movies that probably technically isn't the worst movie I've ever seen but is always in the running whenever anybody asks what the worst movie I've ever seen is.

41 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Was the movie filmed in the Comanche language? Or is that dubbed?

I believe it is dubbed. Would have been cool to have filmed it in Comanche though. 

39 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

One of those movies that probably technically isn't the worst movie I've ever seen but is always in the running whenever anybody asks what the worst movie I've ever seen is.

I haven't seen it, but I heard there was a lot of studio meddling. But it sounds like it was broken at the script stage, with the movie treating a form of autism or something as a "super power" kind of thing and a group of soldiers who aren't that funny and are sexist or something. Again, haven't seen it, but heard it was bad. I'll be watching this though.

8 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Sounds like originally it was supposed to be Comanche only but had to compromise and make it a dub. :/

prey-1657054388.jpeg?crop=0.832xw:1.00xh
WWW.DIGITALSPY.COM

Jhane Myers discusses the "incredible" idea.

Yeah, that's what I remember reading too. It's a big movie since it has Native Americans at high levels of production.

56 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

I don't watch dubs so that's disappointing.

Yeah, live-action dubs are horrendous. If they had gone the Apocalyto/Passion of the Christ route, that would have been awesome. Then again, The Northman wasn't in Old Norse either (well, modern Icelandic would be the closest equivalent) so it's no surprise either, this is usually the case.