Prey (Hulu, 05 August 2022) - a Predator film set in the Comanche Nation of 1719, update: Official Trailer, option to watch film in Comanche language

2 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

At the end of 2 don't they have a whole trophy room full of skulls? Seems like they win a lot. :p

Obviously.  What I mean is find a way to shake up the formula.  If they do the same movie in another time period it is going to get stale.  Predator comes - fights and kills all the hero's friends.  Hero discovers his weak point, exploits it and wins.

We should see at some point a predator collect some skulls and add them to his ship, then fly away with a victory.  Maybe have a predator fight a bunch of Nazi's.  Everyone likes to see them lose.  A predator isn't a good guy, but maybe he unintentionally frees some Jews or something.  I don't know.  Just find another story angle. 

52 minutes ago, number305 said:

Maybe have a predator fight a bunch of Nazi's.  Everyone likes to see them lose.  A predator isn't a good guy, but maybe he unintentionally frees some Jews or something.

Pretty much what happens in the Alien vs Predator movies... minus the Jews. They've actually played around with the Predator formula quite a bit since the first two movies.

6 hours ago, number305 said:

Obviously.  What I mean is find a way to shake up the formula.  If they do the same movie in another time period it is going to get stale.  Predator comes - fights and kills all the hero's friends.  Hero discovers his weak point, exploits it and wins.

We should see at some point a predator collect some skulls and add them to his ship, then fly away with a victory.  Maybe have a predator fight a bunch of Nazi's.  Everyone likes to see them lose.  A predator isn't a good guy, but maybe he unintentionally frees some Jews or something.  I don't know.  Just find another story angle. 

Maybe check out the movie Jiu Jitsu starring Nic Cage. It's like a predator movie and certainly shakes up the formula :p

• 2 weeks later...

Finally watched this. Probably recency bias but also a real strong chance it isn’t. I think that was the best Predator movie. Sure there’s some “this doesn’t have a theatrical budget CGI” in there but the movie is absolutely beautiful to look at. And the girls sub story and payoff is infinitely more interesting than Arnold’s(not saying I don’t love the original). I’ll echo what everyone else said. Not using Comanche as the default language was a huge miss that really could have taken it to that truly special level. 

On 8/15/2022 at 7:39 PM, skillzdadirecta said:

They do but the ally with the humans for the most part. Indirectly AND directly. I always liked that second Aliens vs Predator movie.

I feel these movies would have been far better off if they had placed them in the Aliens timeline (future) rather than the Predator movies timeline (current), also i believe the AvP comics had colonial marines.

2 hours ago, PaladinSolo said:

I feel these movies would have been far better off if they had placed them in the Aliens timeline (future) rather than the Predator movies timeline (current), also i believe the AvP comics had colonial marines.

I feel fairly confident we'll get another AvP movie at some point. Now that Disney owns the property they are leaning heavily into raising awareness of both I.P.s. They both have comics that Marvel has put out which nowadays to me means that there are probably plans afoot.