Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness to introduce [OPEN SPOILERS] into MCU

Professor X and the Illuminati.

Previz leaks:

ErL7oty.png

This was rumoured a while ago by a few insiders, and now a few concept images have leaked (from apparently reputable sources). Stewart allegedly decline the cameo, so it's likely MCavoy. 

A reliable leaker indicated that the Illuminati will be present in the movie, and that some will die in the battle against Wanda (who is the villain?).

HuC2oiS.png

Reynolds is genuinely perfect as Deadpool… a character that’s legitimately awesome in small doses, has gotten too popular for his own good, it’s just the same joke over and over again forever, with an occasional wrinkle every ten years or so that makes people go, “see! He’s not a one trick pony!” And then it’s back to the exact same played out 4th wall breaks / Van Wilder shtick. I wonder if he’s going to make some Chis Evan’s / Human Torch joke, or maybe a Cumberbatch / Sherlock one! It’s funny because he knows they’re in movies.

• Shocked 2

Deadpool ruined Ryan Reynolds for me. It just feels like anything with him now is just Deadpool in a different situation. Even in his social media stuff that makes its way on reddit. Detective Pikachu is just AU Deadpool. It even retroactively lessened my enjoyment of previous Reynolds movies because, as it turns out, he was always sort of just Deadpool. I never noticed it until Deadpool because maybe Deadpool is just Reynolds turned up to 11. It makes it hard to enjoy is performances. 

It is why I can't stand Jason Bateman. Jason Bateman is always Jason Bateman. Even in that animal movie that I can't remember the name of where he plays Nick Wild or whatever. It's just Jason Bateman as a fox who is basically a human in a fur suit which makes it just Jason Bateman in a fur suit. 

1 hour ago, Bacon said:

Deadpool ruined Ryan Reynolds for me. It just feels like anything with him now is just Deadpool in a different situation. Even in his social media stuff that makes its way on reddit. Detective Pikachu is just AU Deadpool. It even retroactively lessened my enjoyment of previous Reynolds movies because, as it turns out, he was always sort of just Deadpool. I never noticed it until Deadpool because maybe Deadpool is just Reynolds turned up to 11. It makes it hard to enjoy is performances. 

It is why I can't stand Jason Bateman. Jason Bateman is always Jason Bateman. Even in that animal movie that I can't remember the name of where he plays Nick Wild or whatever. It's just Jason Bateman as a fox who is basically a human in a fur suit which makes it just Jason Bateman in a fur suit. 

First Half GIF

• Haha 2

I personally don't understand the Ryan Reynolds obsession either. I always found him way too smarmy. The first Deadpool was fun when it first came out because it felt fresh but because it got old by the time it was available on HBO. The second movie didn't really do it for me either. Even for those who liked it, it really came and went.

1 hour ago, Bacon said:

What about Free Guy Ryan Reynolds?

On 9/27/2021 at 2:40 PM, gamer.tv said:

I don’t feel even remotely bad that I really enjoy every movie posted so far.

You know, I've got zero problems with an actor that knows his range and revels in it. He seems like he's having a lot of fun there and, for me at least, that often translates to fun on the screen. I'm right there with you.

If I actually cared about an actor playing the same kind of character too often, I'd have seen like three Sam Jackson or Keanu Reeves movies.

• 2 months later...

I wonder if that's supposed to be the same Dark Strange from What If...? I thought the What If...? series was supposed to be non-canon, just for fun ideas, but after watching it, it seemed like there could be ways to pull into the canon since they're going all multiverse with Phase 4 it seems. 

On 12/23/2021 at 2:49 AM, Brick said:

I wonder if that's supposed to be the same Dark Strange from What If...? I thought the What If...? series was supposed to be non-canon, just for fun ideas, but after watching it, it seemed like there could be ways to pull into the canon since they're going all multiverse with Phase 4 it seems. 

Yeah, the What If stuff is all technically canon in the multiverse.

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, Komusha said:

I didn't feel like the the first trailer seemed like it was from Raimi but this one definitely has a Raimi vibe. He's gonna be a good fit because things looks like they're gonna get weird.

When the camera started to spin on Strange at the beginning. Right there and then you know Raimi is your director. Couple other shots also scream Raimi and I look forward too seeing what else he has up his sleeve. Plus Bruce confirmed he filmed a cameo and, well, Ash did face off against the Marvel Zombies 🤞🏼

spacer.png

11 minutes ago, NeoJoe said:

That zoom in to bloody Wanda's eye was amazing!

I know you said you know someone close to Scott Derrickson, and the reason he left is indeed because he wanted to make the film a horror movie and Marvel disagreed, but what's the full context of that because both of these trailers now seem very horror-esque, and you don't bring in someone like Sam Raimi who is known for creating one of the greatest horror-comedy trilogies with The Evil Dead if you're not doing some horror aspects. I believe even Kevin Feige at the Comic Con reveal for this movie talked about it being horror. Was it that Derrickson wanted it to be full fledged horror with actual scares, and Marvel said "too much", and were willing to go horror comedy superhero, but he didn't? 

21 minutes ago, Brick said:

I know you said you know someone close to Scott Derrickson, and the reason he left is indeed because he wanted to make the film a horror movie and Marvel disagreed, but what's the full context of that because both of these trailers now seem very horror-esque, and you don't bring in someone like Sam Raimi who is known for creating one of the greatest horror-comedy trilogies with The Evil Dead if you're not doing some horror aspects. I believe even Kevin Feige at the Comic Con reveal for this movie talked about it being horror. Was it that Derrickson wanted it to be full fledged horror with actual scares, and Marvel said "too much", and were willing to go horror comedy superhero, but he didn't? 

I feel like the speculation was that the original director wanted to do full-on horror and Disney wanted to keep it to "creepy horror-esque". Maybe the original director wanted to go in an almost R-rated horror direction?

3 hours ago, silentbob said:

When the camera started to spin on Strange at the beginning. Right there and then you know Raimi is your director. Couple other shots also scream Raimi and I look forward too seeing what else he has up his sleeve. Plus Bruce confirmed he filmed a cameo and, well, Ash did face off against the Marvel Zombies 🤞🏼

spacer.png

I do not have this book and I am ashamed of myself.

3 hours ago, Jason said:

I feel like the speculation was that the original director wanted to do full-on horror and Disney wanted to keep it to "creepy horror-esque". Maybe the original director wanted to go in an almost R-rated horror direction?

Considering that Derickson now has a new R rated horror movie slated for release this year, there’s a good chance that you are correct. Maybe one Marvel movie was enough for him and considering he wasn’t fully comfortable with all of the restrictions put on what he can’t put in the movies.

Raimi has more of a resume that back up the notion that he can play well under studio restrictions. He tried his best to make Army of Darkness a PG-13 even though in the end the MPAA was unwilling to give it anything less than an R. You can still tell it’s toned down compared to the first two movies, though, and likely would have been PG-13 if it was released today. It’s pretty damn mild. And Drag Me to Hell is a successful example of a PG-13 horror film done right. Not to mention that Spider-Man 2 features maybe the most horrifying sequence from any Marvel licensed movie (the tentacle hospital science).

I’m definitely still hoping we get a movie that is horror-light, even if it doesn’t go in as hard as Derickson wanted it to. I am convinced that Raimi is the right person for the job based on the examples I provided above.

4 hours ago, Jason said:

This for the most part. There's more to it but I'm not gonna share that online.