Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness to introduce [OPEN SPOILERS] into MCU

Sorry I apparently said too much at one point already. Plus what you said really is the bigger reason.

Although the tiny bits my friend shared with me regarding the story are all happening which is nuts cause those little nuggets of info 4-5 years ago sounded too crazy and out there to be true. And here we are. lol

10 hours ago, Komusha said:

Considering that Derickson now has a new R rated horror movie slated for release this year, there’s a good chance that you are correct. Maybe one Marvel movie was enough for him and considering he wasn’t fully comfortable with all of the restrictions put on what he can’t put in the movies.

He probably had a little more leeway in making HIS new movie The Black Phone. I believe he also has a screenplay or writing credit too, and look forward to seeing how he expands on the Joe Hill short it’s based on. I’m pretty sure the entire story was no more then 12 pages, think it might even be shorter.

So more give and play there, than with a movie franchise that is integrally linked to everything Marvel and must follow the path to get there

16 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

I still hope that...

Hide contents

The X-Men / mutant crossovers are a tease and not a full "merger." I'd also absolutely love if this was a bait and switch. :p

Regardless I hope Marvel cut Raimi a fat check for coming back into the fold. Spider-Man 1 and 2 are still rad as hell.

Spoiler

It's probably a multiverse version of Prof X but not the MCU one.

• True 1

49 minutes ago, silentbob said:

He probably had a little more leeway in making HIS new movie The Black Phone. I believe he also has a screenplay or writing credit too, and look forward to seeing how he expands on the Joe Hill short it’s based on. I’m pretty sure the entire story was no more then 12 pages, think it might even be shorter.

So more give and play there, than with a movie franchise that is integrally linked to everything Marvel and must follow the path to get there

I’m sure he has a lot more leeway lol. Can’t really blame him for not wanting to do a second movie if he prefers to play in R-rated horror spaces.

6 hours ago, SuperSpreader said:

Reveal hidden contents

One of the more interesting theories I've seen online is that

Spoiler

The Prof X in THIS movie may be from the Days of Future past timeline and that because of the time travel shennanigans in that movie he's now a part of the MCU'S version of the Illuminati and that THAT is the group that has Strange shackled in the trailer. The original Illuminati in the comics was Prof. X, Tony Stark, Dr Dtrange, Mr. Fantastic, Namor and Black Bolt of the Inhumans. Also there's speculation that an alternate version of Iron Man will be seen in this movie and he will be played by Tom Cruise :o

This is ALL speculation but with the introduction of the multiverse, they definitely have an oppourtunity to introduce/merge Universes however they see fit.

• Sicko 1

6 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

One of the more interesting theories I've seen online is that

Reveal hidden contents

This is ALL speculation but with the introduction of the multiverse, they definitely have an oppourtunity to introduce/merge Universes however they see fit.

I think it's more than speculation. there are pics out there

Also, for anyone who wants to know who the six members of the Illuminati likely are (from set/pre-vis leaks that have panned out correctly on most everything else):

Wer-verhaftet-Doctor-Strange-MCU-Illumin

Spoiler

Alternate reality versions of:

• Professor X (Patrick Stewart)
  • Mordo
  • Captain Marvel (Lashana Lynch)
  • Balder the Brave
  • Captain Britain (Hayley Attwell)
  • Tony Start (was rumoured to be Tom Cruise, but perhaps not so)

There was also a rumour that Mr. Fantastic would be there, but that doesn't seem likely anymore 

I would hope that if they are brining in the X-Men they aren't going to make the Fox films canon. Better to start fresh. This could be a fake out, or tease if that was Stewart's voice. I mean WandaVision had a little meta fun with Quicksilver, so it could be something like that. 

• True 1

3 minutes ago, Brick said:

I would hope that if they are brining in the X-Men they aren't going to make the Fox films canon. Better to start fresh. This could be a fake out, or tease if that was Stewart's voice. I mean WandaVision had a little meta fun with Quicksilver, so it could be something like that. 

It’s actually Jean-Luc Picard.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 2
  • Sicko 1

Spoiler

I can't see the Tom Cruise thing being real because that seems like fan casting, and I always see it in that "If Marvel movies were made in the '90s meme" along with Brad Pitt as Thor, for example, so Cruise playing an alternate Tony Stark seems fake to me. Along with John Krasinski playing Reed Richards, which again has been can 3 casting for years. 

15 hours ago, Brick said:
  Hide contents

I can't see the Tom Cruise thing being real because that seems like fan casting, and I always see it in that "If Marvel movies were made in the '90s meme" along with Brad Pitt as Thor, for example, so Cruise playing an alternate Tony Stark seems fake to me. Along with John Krasinski playing Reed Richards, which again has been can 3 casting for years. 

On the other hand, Cumberbatch was fan casted into the role, basically.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Brick said:

Why does that not look real? 

In any case I was hoping, and figured he'd make a cameo appearance. 

You might be right on the pic being a fake if you closely at the mirror of his face, seems off. I thought it was posted today but now see it is from April 1st. I have no doubt he’ll still make an appearance in the film, but he posted something for Dr. Strange last year and would loved it too.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...