Marvel's Spider-Man 2 (PS5) - Information Thread, update: New Game+, Audio Descriptions, other new features update releasing on March 7

Pikachu

10 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

One of the things that made me laugh was when Peter is hanging out with Harry. Harry is trying to sell Peter on taking a job with him so he can do real science because Pete is brilliant. Harry asks Peter, basically, if he’s heard of Gregor Mendel and the pea plants. That shit is like hanging out with Snoop Dogg and asking if he’s ever heard of George Clinton. :p Bitch who are you talking to. Peter invents whole new plants 90 seconds after that question. “Have you heard of Gregor Mendel,” fuck you motherfucker, I hope you sit on a pumpkin bomb and your children never learn how to read. 

Harry: here’s our entomology department, Pete. You know what entomology is, right?

11 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

One of the things that made me laugh was when Peter is hanging out with Harry. Harry is trying to sell Peter on taking a job with him so he can do real science because Pete is brilliant. Harry asks Peter, basically, if he’s heard of Gregor Mendel and the pea plants. That shit is like hanging out with Snoop Dogg and asking if he’s ever heard of George Clinton. :p Bitch who are you talking to. Peter invents whole new plants 90 seconds after that question. “Have you heard of Gregor Mendel,” fuck you motherfucker, I hope you sit on a pumpkin bomb and your children never learn how to read. 

I found the whole "lab" funny in that it's what I bet children think a state of the art "science" lab looks like, complete with arbitrary display cases that tell you neat factoids! :p 

Being a comic story, this is of course on brand though.

• Hugs 2

3 hours ago, Biggie said:

well fuck, I thought you said they were connected. 

They are connected. Spiderman 2 is miles story as well, and theres a lot you’re missing if you don’t play MM.

12 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

I knew Venom was in this game and that's it, and that was given away at the end of the first game, so everything is a surprise to me

same. I knew Venom and Kraven were in it, but paid almost no attention because I knew it was Day 1. 

21 minutes ago, legend said:

I found the whole "lab" funny in that it's what I bet children think a state of the art "science" lab looks like, complete with arbitrary display cases that tell you neat factoids! :p 

Being a comic story, this is of course on brand though.

Of course!

This is a mistake you REALLY, REALLY don't want to make AT ALL because your ass is gonna get beat!

WWW.NBCNEWS.COM

In a scene from “Marvel’s Spider-Man 2,” gamers noticed a Cuban flag mistakenly displayed inside the family home of Puerto Rican superhero Miles Morales.

Players of the highly anticipated video game “Marvel’s Spider-Man 2” took to social media to ask developers to correct a few scenes, which have confused the Puerto Rican and the Cuban flags in a game known to celebrate the main character's Puerto Rican heritage.

The character, Miles Morales, is recognized by fans as one of the few Latino mainstream superheroes.

When Insomniac Games released the new PlayStation 5 game featuring Morales on Friday, it included at least two scenes in which the Puerto Rican and the Cuban flags were mixed up, which was pointed out by fans over the weekend. The company is reportedly working to fix the mistake. As of Tuesday, no specific time for the fix had been provided.

• Haha 1
  • True 1

WWW.EUROGAMER.NET

Marvel's Spider-Man for PlayStation 5 lands pretty much exactly where we hoped it would. Insomniac Games has delivered …

Marvel's Spider-Man for PlayStation 5 lands pretty much exactly where we hoped it would. Insomniac Games has delivered another new game for the console that pushes back technological boundaries, which a denser, richer representation of New York City, expanded to include Brooklyn and Queens, while the core rendering itself features dramatic improvements in ray traced reflections, along with the introduction of RT reflections on bodies of water. Meanwhile, the studio firmly embraces the potential of the game's SSD with streaming that allows for more dramatic and faster traversal through the city, along with some spectacular streaming-based set-pieces.

In our tech review of the game, we had plenty of theories about how some of Insomniac's tech had been enhanced over Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered and Miles Morales, but we were hungry for much more information. Sony and Insomniac agreed to allow us to speak in an extended interview with Director of Core Technology, Mike Fitzgerald, and we got everything we wanted - and much more.

In this interview, John Linneman talks extensively to Mike about their commitment to ray tracing, how they removed raster-only modes from the game, and how the studio achieved many of its showpiece achievements. We also talk about streaming, compression, along with some of the less noticeable - but still crucial - technological components in the game.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Marvel's Spider-Man 2 (PS5) - Information Thread, update: "Inside Marvel's Spider-Man 2: the Digital Foundry tech interview"
1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

This is a mistake you REALLY, REALLY don't want to make AT ALL because your ass is gonna get beat!

WWW.NBCNEWS.COM

In a scene from “Marvel’s Spider-Man 2,” gamers noticed a Cuban flag mistakenly displayed inside the family home of Puerto Rican superhero Miles Morales.

Maybe the person who worked on the game was color blind. 🤔

One thing I love about these games is they are big open world games but you aren’t having to constantly look around to collect stuff. You do have your things on the map you can collect, but they are always easy to find and target.

If you go to a room in the interior sections, you don’t have to run around in circles to make sure you don’t miss some important crafting item or whatever.

There is crafting but the game makes it very easy for you to decide how involved and when you want to be involved in that part of it. A lot of games I have to keep fighting my ocd so I don’t spend minutes combing mostly empty rooms and I never get that feeling here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • True 1
  • Halal 1

9 hours ago, Remarkableriots said:

What do you think happens in the next game? 

Hide contents

Miles Morales 2 and Spider-Man 3?

Carnage and Sinister 6 in those two games?

Spoiler

Green goblin

Finkshed and platinum done, which took no extra work at all. Im looking forward to talking about it when others finish. I loved it.

I'm closing in on the end of the game and I just keep coming back to how amazingly paced this game is. It's a constant flow of new abilities, enemies, and twists in the story. Even the content that you've been doing the whole time, like the random crimes, evolve as the story goes along. The first game did this all pretty well, but I think they've really fine tuned it with this second entry. I think this game is better paced and more fluid than most non-open world games. I love the recent God of War titles, but I think this one does better than those even with a much more open world. I think it's right up there with games like Uncharted and The Last of Us in how well it keeps things moving, but it's more impressive given all the balls it keeps in the air.

• Thanks 1
  • Halal 1

6 hours ago, TwinIon said:

I'm closing in on the end of the game and I just keep coming back to how amazingly paced this game is. It's a constant flow of new abilities, enemies, and twists in the story. Even the content that you've been doing the whole time, like the random crimes, evolve as the story goes along. The first game did this all pretty well, but I think they've really fine tuned it with this second entry. I think this game is better paced and more fluid than most non-open world games. I love the recent God of War titles, but I think this one does better than those even with a much more open world. I think it's right up there with games like Uncharted and The Last of Us in how well it keeps things moving, but it's more impressive given all the balls it keeps in the air.

Agreed. The way they add side content between missions, it small pieces, is incredible. It never felt like a chore to do side content. And as long as you just do all the missions and finish the game, you’re done, 100%.

The final fight was crazy. 

I think this is the best use of venom I’ve seen in a very long time. 

the ending definitely sets up the next game. 

And that’s another thing, the story ended well. Shockingly well.

I still have a few nitpicks, like science puzzles and

Spoiler

MJ sequences. though they did it better than the first time I just didn’t need them, but they weren’t awful. 

9 hours ago, TwinIon said:

I feel like this game edges on being too much but never crosses the line, at least in the 66% or so I am through the game. I think GOW did this pretty nicely but Ragnarok was just too much in some places and kind of lost itself in the temptation to “do more” than the first one. I was hoping that Spidey 2 would resist that siren song and it seems like it has.

The only nitpick I MIGHT have is that some of the mutual Spidey moves vary pretty widely in utility. Between the suits, the gizmos, the suit tech, and three separate tech trees… there’s potentially a little too much. The stuff that boosts your traversal is super rad, the ability to shuffle a baddie to the left or to the right after you web line them is just… who cares. :p The highest of high class issues.

Also no spoilers but one thing I think it’s doing very well is that even if some of the main themes here are familiar in general and super familiar if you’re into Spidey-lore… they still really end up working here. Just like the last one with Doctor Octopus, they take plot beats that we all saw coming and still manage to make them interesting and compelling. It’s good stuff.

• True 1

8 hours ago, TwinIon said:

It's been exceptionally well-paced. I'm not near the end, but I keep thinking maybe the main story will stall/putter, and it doesn't.

Spoiler
THEDIRECT.COM

Venom on Venom - Tom Hardy shares his thoughts on the new PS5 Spider-Man 2 villain.

Sharing a picture of Todd, Hardy kept his reaction short and sweet by tagging the Spider-Man 2 star and using the word "legend" along with a fire emoji.

Todd previously spoke with The Boston Globe about his inspirations for the role, explaining that he went to his favorite Los Angeles comic book store after getting the role and telling the staff "I need the best 10 books on Venom."

"Once we were in the booth, I had this wonderful voice director who never let up. It was never about the first take and move on. It was about what can we do to make this take even better, more fluid, more dramatic, and more menacing, all of those flavors at once."

Tony Todd is amazing!

Article about one of the villains voice actors so wasn't sure so I just put it in spoiler.

Miles’ Bodega Cat suit generates some lulz during more serious cutscenes. Recommended. 

A couple more crashes, including towards the tail end / last segment of boss fights. Boo. Also got a bug where I heard the sound of running footsteps during a few cutscenes in a row, until the character whose footsteps I was hearing showed up on screen. Another silly bug is all the characters in a scene either being lit by max lighting or none at all. Pete in his black suit looked almost white / glowing. 

13 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

Miles’ Bodega Cat suit generates some lulz during more serious cutscenes. Recommended. 

A couple more crashes, including towards the tail end / last segment of boss fights. Boo. Also got a bug where I heard the sound of running footsteps during a few cutscenes in a row, until the character whose footsteps I was hearing showed up on screen. Another silly bug is all the characters in a scene either being lit by max lighting or none at all. Pete in his black suit looked almost white / glowing. 

Yeah, there’s definitely a litany of bugs. 

The game is great. Having loads of fun. My next story mission (only giving the name, no story details) is New Threads, if that helps identify my progress for those of you further into the game or finisher. I also did about two or three of the flame missions and 

Spoiler

fought Yuri. Flame got away.