Marvel's Spider-Man 2 (PS5) - Information Thread, update: New Game+, Audio Descriptions, other new features update releasing on March 7

Pikachu

32 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

I don't remember a specific issue with that fight compared to the others. What was tripping you up?

I'm not a fan of the 

Spoiler

way the Bell affects you. Everytime it rings your character stumbles around like an idiot and it disrupts the otherwise smooth flow of the gameplay that I had been feeling up to that point. I know that's by design, but it come across as annoying to me rather than fun or challenging. Throw in the adds and the fight feels more tedious than fun as opposeed to all of the others up to that point.

Like I said, it may have been me just being tired and I AM playing the game on spectacular difficulty so that may make some kind of difference.

5 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

This game just keeps getting better and better and definitely has one of the most fun open worlds to just swing around. I forsee a replay of the series in my future, maybe sometime next year.

This is one game that I’ll rebuy in two years when it comes out on pc and be fine with it because I’ll gladly play it again!

• Like 1

And the credits roll... Jedi has just been knocked out of my number 1 spot for the year. This game was so good... like Marvel movie/Spider-verse good in terms of story but what really nails it for me is the gameplay. Naughty Dog may edge Insomniac out in terms of storytelling (barely) and graphics (also barely), but Insominiac shits all over them in terms of gameplay. Their games feel so good that I now want to go back and play a bunch of their games I haven't played... looking at YOU Ratchet and Clank. So much to love about this game and the world it creates... I'm glad I have plenty of side stuff post story, to do and I'm looking forward to whatever DLC they have planned. Would LOVE for these guys to tackle a Spiderverse style game where you get to play as the many other Spider Characters (Spider Gwen, Silk, Spider Woman, Spider-ham etc...)

Couple of quick notes:

Norman Osborn reminds me of Trump slightly.

Peter's model grew on me but he still has kind of a douchy look... like he would be one of the guys BULLYING Peter in high school rather than being bullied.

The Mary Jane missions weren't as annoying this time as they were in the first game.

I STILL hate Venom :p

Anyway amazing game and can't wait to see what these guys do with Wolverine.

EDIT: I was typing that post as credits were rolling and didn't see the second after credit scene... so i guess we're getting 

Spoiler

Silk at some point

:o AWESOME because I LOVE the character!

• Hype 4

An hour later and I'm STILL playing since I finished the main story... one last thing, this game has collectables you actually WANT to collect.

EDIT: Doing some of the side missions and activities I ignored and I'm legit surprised by how good some of these are. If you decide to rush through the main game, make sure you do some of these after finishing. SOme of the best I've seen in an open world game. Definitely make sure you do Graffitti trouble. Such a unique mission for this game.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I STILL hate Venom :p

I thought of you during this and while I never really cared about him one way or the other I thought his portrayal and implementation here was pretty cool and thought it might change some minds of the Venom haters. I guess I was wrong. :p

18 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Would LOVE for these guys to tackle a Spiderverse style game where you get to play as the many other Spider Characters (Spider Gwen, Silk, Spider Woman, Spider-ham etc...)

No love for Peni Parker? :nottalking:

2 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I thought of you during this and while I never really cared about him one way or the other I thought his portrayal and implementation here was pretty cool and thought it might change some minds of the Venom haters.

Honestly his origin here makes more sense than his original origin in the comic and makes his motivations more plausible. I STILL don't care for him though and I think he. works much better as a straight up villain than whatever he is now these days. I don't read Venom comics so I have no idea what's going on with the character.

No love for Peni Parker?

Nothing against her but she's not one of my favorites. I'd prefer a level playing as Peter Parkedcar over her :p

• Haha 1
  • Hugs 1

On 11/5/2023 at 5:24 PM, skillzdadirecta said:

Couple of quick notes:

Norman Osborn reminds me of Trump slightly.

Ha, I said that during the first game. He’s mayor of New York City and didn’t divest himself from Oscorp. The dude was using his connections to screw with Otto.

59 minutes ago, best3444 said:

3 hours in and it's exactly like Spider-Man 2018. I'm not noticing much of a difference including visuals. It's fun and so far entertaining but I'm not blown away.

Visually, it's a huuuuuuge jump. Being able to glide from Queens to the Financial District with barely any pop-in, a huge draw distance, in 60fps is incredible. I'd say there are some really good additions to the combat that makes it more dynamic.

2 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

Visually, it's a huuuuuuge jump. Being able to glide from Queens to the Financial District with barely any pop-in, a huge draw distance, in 60fps is incredible. I'd say there are some really good additions to the combat that makes it more dynamic.

I am playing in fidelity mode in 40fps VRR. Maybe I forget what Spider-Man 2018 actually looked like. I always enjoy the combat and I'm definitely enjoying this. 

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

I am playing in fidelity mode in 40fps VRR. Maybe I forget what Spider-Man 2018 actually looked like. I always enjoy the combat and I'm definitely enjoying this. 

The graphical fidelity can sneak up on you. Eventually, you’re looking at everything and all the effects on the screen, and how you can traverse the entire world and see so much with no slow down, and you look at all the reflections, and you’re like wow, this game is beautiful.

• True 1

15 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

The graphical fidelity can sneak up on you. Eventually, you’re looking at everything and all the effects on the screen, and how you can traverse the entire world and see so much with no slow down, and you look at all the reflections, and you’re like wow, this game is beautiful.

I booted up Spider-Man 2018 and yes, there is a difference. My eyes were deceived by some elvish spell. 

37 minutes ago, stepee said:

The lighting is also a gigantic leap. It’s full on current gen, blows Miles out of the water even.

I also watched a comparison video of the remaster vs Spidey 2. It's very noticeable seeing them side by side. I do think we hit next gen finally...

• 4 weeks later...

I always like to leave myself some extra side missions that I don’t beat also just so I have a few new things to do when I go back to swing around. This is one game series I can play after beating it and just swing around having fun for hours. It’s probably my favorite single mechanic in gaming and it just keeps getting better.