Marvel's Spider-Man 2 (PS5) - Information Thread, update: New Game+, Audio Descriptions, other new features update releasing on March 7

Pikachu

18 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Vinny said he rain into a similar bug but said that Peter's head was floating above the cube.

I know there was an issue with Miles having a CUBEN flag but this is ridiculous homina homina homina. 

Hopefully just a rough patch but now I’m clipping into buildings from time to time and the game has crashed more often. I’m close to the end and clearing shit out before I do so. 

12 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Just played the mission that was featured in the state of play several months ago.

The Simpsons Kiss GIF by FOX International Channels

I’m pretty close to the end and a fun “what if” for me is imagining what the reaction to this game would have been like if it was mainly marketed as Spideys vs Kraven and didn’t tease the symbiote stuff on the box or promo material. Not there are no surprises or anything, but it’s fun to think about.

8 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

I’m pretty close to the end and a fun “what if” for me is imagining what the reaction to this game would have been like if it was mainly marketed as Spideys vs Kraven and didn’t tease the symbiote stuff on the box or promo material. Not there are no surprises or anything, but it’s fun to think about.

I feel you'd have to go back to the first Spidey and remove the post-credits scene teasing the symbiote there, too, but overall I hear you.

• True 1

Finished the game, just have a few small things left.

Overall this has been one of my favorite gaming experiences in a while. It's easy to wish for more since the first game was a bit longer, but this one is such a complete experience it's hard to be too upset with the package here. The story is fun and well told, with real stakes and big comic book swings. The combat is fun and constantly evolving. The world is huge and so much fun to get around. There are plenty of side experiences both substantial and bite sized. All of it flows together so well and is just such a joy to play.

My only real complaints are the few bugs I experienced and the overly simple puzzle mini-games. I had a couple hard crashes, a couple more times I had to restart from the last checkpoint, and a few spots where I got stuck in geometry, but nothing that set me back more than a few minutes. I think the mini-game science puzzles are a good distraction and don't overstay their welcome, but they're still a bit too simple for my taste.

I think most years this is probably my personal GOTY, but 2023 has been stacked and I haven't even tried BG3 yet. This is probably my favorite PS5 game to date and is right up there competing with the best Playstation has to offer. On to Alan Wake.

• Halal 2
  • Hype 1

7 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

Finished the game, just have a few small things left.

Overall this has been one of my favorite gaming experiences in a while. It's easy to wish for more since the first game was a bit longer, but this one is such a complete experience it's hard to be too upset with the package here. The story is fun and well told, with real stakes and big comic book swings. The combat is fun and constantly evolving. The world is huge and so much fun to get around. There are plenty of side experiences both substantial and bite sized. All of it flows together so well and is just such a joy to play.

My only real complaints are the few bugs I experienced and the overly simple puzzle mini-games. I had a couple hard crashes, a couple more times I had to restart from the last checkpoint, and a few spots where I got stuck in geometry, but nothing that set me back more than a few minutes. I think the mini-game science puzzles are a good distraction and don't overstay their welcome, but they're still a bit too simple for my taste.

I think most years this is probably my personal GOTY, but 2023 has been stacked and I haven't even tried BG3 yet. This is probably my favorite PS5 game to date and is right up there competing with the best Playstation has to offer. On to Alan Wake.

I think there were many hardcore gamers who were looking forward to this but weren't expecting it to be GOTY-contender for them in a year as stacked as this one, but it's really elevated so much that the original offered that I'm even amazed that I consider the game this good.

Had a weird bug at the end of this side mission where the guy I was chasing was just driving too fucking fast to catch up to. I could get close, but I couldn’t quite catch up no matter how fast I went. I chased him for like 10 minutes until I finally reset the checkpoint and then easily caught up right away lol

I was like how the FUCK is this regular ass human driving this fast

9 minutes ago, stepee said:

Had a weird bug at the end of this side mission where the guy I was chasing was just driving too fucking fast to catch up to. I could get close, but I couldn’t quite catch up no matter how fast I went. I chased him for like 10 minutes until I finally reset the checkpoint and then easily caught up right away lol

I was like how the FUCK is this regular ass human driving this fast

The driver was Spider-Man

3 hours ago, Biggie said:

What the fuck did I tell you. Wait until I start playing. Go play TLoU 2 and enjoy the girl on girl action. I love Dina’s body and hell of a booty. 

I haven't started as I have been playing Alan Wake 2. I won't start spidey until next week. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I have TLOU2 and Alan Wake 2 to keep me busy. I am extremely tempted to fire spidey up but ill wait until I beat those games first. I am really pumped to play it though.

You can. I’m just fucking with you. I was 9% in but I’m starting over.  

• Halal 1

Two other things I really appreciate:  

1) They doubled down on MJ. They could have taken the easy way out when everyone complained about those and just removed it, as developers often do. Lord knows there is enough content here. Instead they held true to their idea and made her a fucking bad ass and honestly better at stealth than the spider-men.

2) There is a bit of a theme of actual rehabilitation for criminals throughout that I find is a positive message..even if maybe I wouldn’t put THESE villains back on the street quite so fast.

• Thanks 1