Update: New York's lieutenant governor arrested on campaign finance fraud-related charges

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
106468619-1585670270610preview.jpg?v=158
WWW.CNBC.COM

Chris Cuomo advised a top aide to his brother Andrew Cuomo about reports that detailed alleged sexual harassment by the then-NY governor, new records show.

CNN host Chris Cuomo used his sources in the media world to seek information on women who accused his brother Andrew Cuomo, then the governor of New York, of sexual harassment, according to documents released Monday by the New York Attorney General’s Office.

While Chris Cuomo has previously acknowledged advising his brother and his team on the response to the scandals, the records show that his role in helping the then-governor was much larger and more intimate than previously known.

Chris Cuomo was actively in touch with Melissa DeRosa, who was the then-governor’s top aide, about incoming media reports that detailed alleged sexual harassment by Andrew Cuomo, according to exhibits from the Attorney General’s probe and a transcript of his interview with the state’s investigators. He also lobbied to help the governor’s office as it sought to weather the storm of accusations, and he dictated statements for the then-governor to use.

• Guillotine 1

I mean if you think your brother is innocent of what he's been accused of then of course I think you'd offer any advice you can. If the evidence looks bad though, and it's more than likely he did it, not sure how you can ethically offer anything more than moral support. 

The problem is that Chris Cuomo is actually a pretty good reporter and interesting to listen to (I listen to his broadcasts over Sirius radio), but having said that, I suspected for quite some time that his coverage of his brother was going to bring him down, too. Or at least burn him pretty badly.

34 minutes ago, brucoe said:

The problem is that Chris Cuomo is actually a pretty good reporter and interesting to listen to (I listen to his broadcasts over Sirius radio), but having said that, I suspected for quite some time that his coverage of his brother was going to bring him down, too. Or at least burn him pretty badly.

I felt the same way when his prime time program started airing a few years back. I'm not sure if he's style changed or I just grew more perceptive to it but he's incredibly self righteous and often times uses his interviews as a platform for himself with quips and diatribes rather than questions.

2 hours ago, brucoe said:

And he's a genuinely nice guy who treats his staff very well. 

• 2 weeks later...
1686.jpeg
APNEWS.COM

ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) — Former Gov. Andrew Cuomo was ordered by New York's ethics commission Tuesday to give up millions of dollars a publisher paid him to write a book about his...

The staff of the commission granted approval of the deal in July 2020, when his counsel told the commission that Cuomo agreed to not use any state personnel or resources to produce his book and that he would write it “entirely on his own time.” But complaints later surfaced that state property, resources and personnel were used to prepare, write, edit and publish the book.

Cuomo has acknowledged that state employees helped with tasks including editing the manuscript. But he’s claimed that those employees were volunteering.

“JCOPE’s actions today are unconstitutional, exceed its own authority and appear to be driven by political interests rather than the facts and the law,” Cuomo attorney Jim McGuire said in a prepared statement. “Should they seek to enforce this action, we’ll see them in court.”

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
ap21334853085841_wide-3bfdda62fff3083ef3
WWW.NPR.ORG

The former CNN anchor was fired last year for violating CNN's journalistic standards when he helped his brother, ex-New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, navigate the sexual harassment allegations against him.

So here's a piece of his suit which deals with Chris Cuomo interviewing his own brother:

Cuomo's lawyer, Bryan Freedman, argues that CNN changed its ethics and standards practices to boost ratings during the start of the pandemic. The standards practices were a "moving target" based on what benefitted network executives, the filing says.

For example, in 2013, CNN said Chris Cuomo could not interview family members, including his brother. But in March 2020, when then-Gov. Andrew Cuomo gained traction for his COVID-19 briefings and handling of the pandemic, he started appearing on Chris Cuomo's CNN show. The governor was interviewed by his brother nine times.

The filing says that both Cuomo and Gov. Cuomo "expressed reservations" about the interviews. But Zucker and Gollust insisted the interviews continue because they boosted the network's ratings.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Update: New York's lieutenant governor arrested on campaign finance fraud-related charges