Valve drops a Tim Epic-approved steamer!

Hurricane Game

11 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:
a6db07e33b61ff6e848475a84ebf042fa7b3d107
STEAMCOMMUNITY.COM

Hi, here's a quick Steam Deck update for you all - We’ve recently completed our DV (Design Validation) manufacturing build of Steam Deck, and we'll be using these units for additional testing and developer kits. DV is the final prototype build before production, and it includes improvements from the EV2 build. After this build, there will be additional minor changes in the final product.

jizz in my pants GIF

36863eca23c955e2702196d45b8013c4b9ee7ef7
STEAMCOMMUNITY.COM

We recently posted pictures of the Steam Deck dev kits and final packaging. Today we're sharing one additional piece - the exclusive case that's limited to the 512 GB Steam Deck model. Similar to the 256GB and 64GB models, the 512GB model comes shipped in a carrying case (which we decided to use as the actual packaging, rather than a traditional box).

14 hours ago, stepee said:

Nobody believes they will get THEIR unit by feb :P

If it's a more powerful Nintendo Switch that I can plug into my TV, while still being able to play games via a Keyboard and Mouse, it'll be worth it.

(Wish Switch had more games natively supported with KB/M, especially shooters)

• Like 1

AyaNeo-Rembrandt-hero.jpg
VIDEOCARDZ.COM

AYANEO reschedules the introduction of its new gaming console to January 4th, seemingly confirming AMD Rembrandt APU Just a few days ago AyaNeo confirmed it will be showcasing its new console on December 28th. However, this date is no longer on the table, as the company had to reschedule its plans to align with the […]

I'd buy one if it uses Rembrandt APUs. I think those are supposed to be Zen 3/RDNA2 APUs.

44 minutes ago, Raggit said:

We all have a rough idea, based on what's listed on the reservation. I'm Q2, so I know I'm not getting it in February. :/ 

Same here. I'm Q2 as well. Likely not getting mine until LATE summer 2022. Which is fine. I'm patient, I can wait. 

I got the Switch and the Analogue Pocket to keep me "busy" until then...! :D 

On 12/25/2021 at 10:48 AM, GameDadGrant said:

Same here. I'm Q2 as well. Likely not getting mine until LATE summer 2022. Which is fine. I'm patient, I can wait. 

I got the Switch and the Analogue Pocket to keep me "busy" until then...! :D 

That's awesome you got the Analogue pocket! How's it treating you thus far? 

On 12/29/2021 at 9:24 AM, imthesoldier said:

That's awesome you got the Analogue pocket! How's it treating you thus far? 

I really dig it. It’s my preferred way to play my Game Boy games now. The only problem is that the hardware is so nice I’m nervous using it because I don’t wanna damage it in any way, haha. I always handle it *very* delicately…!

On 12/30/2021 at 3:33 PM, GameDadGrant said:

I really dig it. It’s my preferred way to play my Game Boy games now. The only problem is that the hardware is so nice I’m nervous using it because I don’t wanna damage it in any way, haha. I always handle it *very* delicately…!

If it's built like the original Game Boy, it should survive a bomb from the Gulf War. :twothumbsup:

On 12/25/2021 at 10:34 AM, Zaku3 said:
AyaNeo-Rembrandt-hero.jpg
VIDEOCARDZ.COM

AYANEO reschedules the introduction of its new gaming console to January 4th, seemingly confirming AMD Rembrandt APU Just a few days ago AyaNeo confirmed it will be showcasing its new console on December 28th. However, this date is no longer on...

I'd buy one if it uses Rembrandt APUs. I think those are supposed to be Zen 3/RDNA2 APUs.

That's my great, many times over uncle.  AMD better be paying me for the use of my uncle's name or else they're gonna learn you don't mess with family.

vin diesel film GIF

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Zaku3 said:

Deflated I guess for 2022 it will have Ryzen 6xxx APUs. They are using the 5xxx APU series.

Actually, it don't believe it can be 5000 series because according to Valve's own specs for the Steam Deck, it uses Zen 2 cores, whereas the 5000 series uses Zen 3. And yet, it's using RDNA 2 GPU cores. It could be based on the 4000 series APUs, which did use Zen 2, although those use GCN for its GPU architecture compared to RDNA 2.  

From what I can gather, it's either AMD's Van Gogh APU, or AMD's new Dragon Crest APU, both of which of course uses RDNA 2, and Zen 2 cores, at least according to this "roadmap" 

q93_5484b1f517cb68c6f192fc9c90f23779434b

The only real question I have at this point is on the Steam Deck's specs, it says power is 4-15w, whereas both Van Gogh, and Dragon Crest say 9 watt TDP. Does this imply Valve's Steam Deck isn't so off-the-shelf, or were they able to overclock its TDP to better fit the power output of the system? Then again, maybe the additional 6 watts is for the LPDDR5 memory itself, thus including the whole package rather than simply the APU die? 

But then there was this report saying Van Gogh was cancelled to make way for Dragon Crest, which given the timetable for the Steam Deck launching in 2022, seems to make sense. 

The new Aya Neo using Rembrandt will certainly be something to look forward to, although you can guarantee the price will be a lot more compared to the Steam Deck. So the trade off in cost vs. performance should be factored in. 

1 hour ago, imthesoldier said:

Actually, it don't believe it can be 5000 series because according to Valve's own specs for the Steam Deck, it uses Zen 2 cores, whereas the 5000 series uses Zen 3. And yet, it's using RDNA 2 GPU cores. It could be based on the 4000 series APUs, which did use Zen 2, although those use GCN for its GPU architecture compared to RDNA 2.  

From what I can gather, it's either AMD's Van Gogh APU, or AMD's new Dragon Crest APU, both of which of course uses RDNA 2, and Zen 2 cores, at least according to this "roadmap" 

q93_5484b1f517cb68c6f192fc9c90f23779434b

The only real question I have at this point is on the Steam Deck's specs, it says power is 4-15w, whereas both Van Gogh, and Dragon Crest say 9 watt TDP. Does this imply Valve's Steam Deck isn't so off-the-shelf, or were they able to overclock its TDP to better fit the power output of the system? Then again, maybe the additional 6 watts is for the LPDDR5 memory itself, thus including the whole package rather than simply the APU die? 

But then there was this report saying Van Gogh was cancelled to make way for Dragon Crest, which given the timetable for the Steam Deck launching in 2022, seems to make sense. 

The new Aya Neo using Rembrandt will certainly be something to look forward to, although you can guarantee the price will be a lot more compared to the Steam Deck. So the trade off in cost vs. performance should be factored in. 

I checked last night on amd's site and the model number states Vega 8.

8 hours ago, stepee said:

Mine still says q2 :( Some people got q1 right? I hope it’s by April at least. Man nobody who wants to get one of these after it’s for sale is going to ever see one in person unless their friends have one.

After Q2. Wish Aya tried to go for the 6000 series. Current plan is steam deck to a Rembrandt Neo. Give one of my friends the neo i have now as a hand me down. Will probably keep the Deck though.

10 hours ago, Zaku3 said:

After Q2. Wish Aya tried to go for the 6000 series. Current plan is steam deck to a Rembrandt Neo. Give one of my friends the neo i have now as a hand me down. Will probably keep the Deck though.

So you arent getting the aya neo next?

18 hours ago, stepee said:

Mine still says q2 :( Some people got q1 right? I hope it’s by April at least. Man nobody who wants to get one of these after it’s for sale is going to ever see one in person unless their friends have one.

Mine went from Q1 to Q2. 
Sad Talk To Me GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

• Sad 1

51 minutes ago, cusideabelincoln said:

How do you check? I think one of the emails I got was deleted.

Just log in to Steam and go to the product page and look at the model you “purchased”, it should show you that you purchased the $5 thing and your eta.

22 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

So you arent getting the aya neo next?

Mine went from Q1 to Q2. 
Sad Talk To Me GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Yes gonna skip it. Don't think it's worth it since the Deck has RDNA2 and this doesn't. I am starting to love my Aya Neo kills the switch barring I feel even the standard switch has a nicer screen. 

If anything I guess the Neo Next would offer better performance, better battery life and a better screen. I'd say that would be worth it if the Deck didn't exist. Oo i'd also get better audio since my unit is a launch unit it has the old speakers they choose. 

Lol almost convinced myself to upgrade but I still think it's wiser to just wait for the deck and save the 1.1k+ for a RDNA2 Neo.