Valve drops a Tim Epic-approved steamer!

Hurricane Game

59 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Lol at those disclaimers. Lawyers are sweating 

“If you have followed these directions closely then you have done absolutely none of the preceding steps” lol

This is a fair way to do it. Make it easy to open and replace, show you how to do it even, but remove themselves of all liability.

On 7/16/2021 at 10:42 AM, stepee said:

I GOT IT 512 YOU FUCKING BITCHES

I was able to pre order the 512 unit too the day they went live. Not sure I can even afford this but it's something new and shiny and I'm tired of not haveing a ps5 or a Series X...lol I liked the Linus Tech Tips hands on video and I'm going to be closely watching this as the months go by!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
steam-deck_clAVSpZ.jpg
WWW.ROCKPAPERSHOTGUN.COM

We asked Valve about their Steam Deck compatibility programme, a major scheme to test thousands of Steam games and categorise them by readiness.

Ahead of the planned December launch, Valve have unveiled their plan to bring clarity on whether specific games will be able to run (and run effectively) on the Steam Deck.

It's an ambitious plan, too: Steam games, of which there are tens of thousands, will be manually reviewed by Valve themselves, and assigned to a category denoting how well they work on the Steam Deck. This reviewing process will focus on four key attributes: input support, native display resolution support (with readable text), general hardware compatibility and compatibility with Proton, including middleware like anti-cheat.

Games that meet all these criteria will find themselves in the 'Verified' category, whereas some will enter the 'Playable' category if they mostly work outside of needing some settings changes on the user's part. The 'Unsupported' category will cover games that aren't sufficiently functional on the Steam Deck, and the final 'Unknown' category will contain games that Valve haven't reviewed yet. When you're browsing Steam on the Steam Deck, games will display a badge marking their category (and thus degree of compatibility), hopefully making it much easier to know which of your collection will perform on the portable PC. Steam's library section will also get a new 'Great on Deck' tab solely containing games with Verified status, and even before the Steam Deck is released, Valve are aiming to let Steam users see which of their games will be compatible on launch.

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Zaku3 said:

Might order one of those Aya Neo pros or the Winmax Pro to see how Intel runs.

Looking back I really only ever put up with gpd because they were the only ones with the goods for like a generation. I’m partly excited for this one just to finally have a real company doing it that probably just feels so much better to use.

2 minutes ago, stepee said:

Looking back I really only ever put up with gpd because they were the only ones with the goods for like a generation. I’m partly excited for this one just to finally have a real company doing it that probably just feels so much better to use.

I like the Neo I got. Unfortunately I haven't left the house much so it and my alienware are kinda useless. I have calmed down a bit and will wait for whoever can get me Zen3 and RDNA2 first. Since they are low power systems I am on the upgrade bandwagon for any meaningful performance improvements.

Lol chasing ultra in a portable 1280 by 900 form factor on one hand and super ultrawide 1440p and 4K ultra on th3 desktop front.

Just now, Zaku3 said:

I like the Neo I got. Unfortunately I haven't left the house much so it and my alienware are kinda useless. I have calmed down a bit and will wait for whoever can get me Zen3 and RDNA2 first. Since they are low power systems I am on the upgrade bandwagon for any meaningful performance improvements.

Lol chasing ultra in a portable 1280 by 900 form factor on one hand and super ultrawide 1440p and 4K ultra on th3 desktop front.

For me the dream would be to be able to play the same games and carry your save and play them either portable or on a tv/monitor and only have to buy one copy of the game, while playing the best version. That’s why I can’t wait for a really solid one of these. 

The Neo does certainly look nicer to play than any of the wins I tried, the keyboard was never worth the ergonomics. 

On 7/15/2021 at 10:52 AM, stepee said:

Looks like you just put $5 down to reserve it. I think I’ll do that, it comes out in December so plenty of time for impressions. Hopefully I can get the reserve in even but maybe it won’t be so bad since it’s kinda niche and not out until the end of the year.

I was able to preorder the 512 version with the upgraded screen, though expensive I have been going through new tech withdrawal after not getting a ps5 or series X {Though I'm getting a XSX on Nov. 24th through BB Now} so they got my 5 bucks. I like you thought plenty of time for reviews, and even longer. After searching for information on my Reservation, I see now that it has been pushed back to 1Q 2022. I think I'm keeping it though, It just really looks amazing! Sucks because we know in 6months after release there will be a better version Pro upgrade but I'm all in on this thing, I LOVE THE CONCEPT! 

29 minutes ago, HardAct said:

I was able to preorder the 512 version with the upgraded screen, though expensive I have been going through new tech withdrawal after not getting a ps5 or series X {Though I'm getting a XSX on Nov. 24th through BB Now} so they got my 5 bucks. I like you thought plenty of time for reviews, and even longer. After searching for information on my Reservation, I see now that it has been pushed back to 1Q 2022. I think I'm keeping it though, It just really looks amazing! Sucks because we know in 6months after release there will be a better version Pro upgrade but I'm all in on this thing, I LOVE THE CONCEPT! 

Well now it’s mid November already and I don’t need anymore impressions actually, I just need the damn thing to release!

I ain’t even worried about a pro version since I imagine that the way things are you can just sell the current one on ebay to cover the new one still by then.

I do hope when they do the pro with an oled that hdr comes with it at the same time rather than spread over two revisions.

3 hours ago, stepee said:

Well now it’s mid November already and I don’t need anymore impressions actually, I just need the damn thing to release!

I ain’t even worried about a pro version since I imagine that the way things are you can just sell the current one on ebay to cover the new one still by then.

I do hope when they do the pro with an oled that hdr comes with it at the same time rather than spread over two revisions.

Yea, I'm ready for a new toy of some kind. Exciting tech either way. Oled with her sounds awesome and a battery killer too. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2021 at 8:24 PM, HardAct said:

Keep in mind their production schedule is likely based on how many reservations there are right now (I think it's maybe 250-500k or something?). Once the holders' number comes up to purchase one, I can guarantee there will be a slew of folks opting to not get one, which may, or may not delay you as far back as you might expect. 

5 bucks is 5 bucks, and if holders decide not to buy it, it simply goes back into their Steam Wallet, so you're not losing anything by reserving one. That said, if all reservation holders such as ourselves think in the same way...well, we'll be waiting then. Lol 

But truly, I think while my queue is at Q2 2022 when it was originally Q1 2022, I wouldn't be surprised if more than a few people end up getting bumped up from Q2 back to Q1 once people start pulling out. 

a6db07e33b61ff6e848475a84ebf042fa7b3d107
STEAMCOMMUNITY.COM

Hi, here's a quick Steam Deck update for you all - We’ve recently completed our DV (Design Validation) manufacturing build of Steam Deck, and we'll be using these units for additional testing and developer kits. DV is the final prototype build before production, and it includes improvements from the EV2 build. After this build, there will be additional minor changes in the final product.