Valve drops a Tim Epic-approved steamer!

Hurricane Game

One thing I liked what The Phawx said was under similar battery life comparisons between the Switch, and the Deck, the Deck still looked better, which shouldn't be too surprising given the Deck has a larger battery. Would also be cool to see what happens if you limit the APU TDP to its lowest setting at 4 watts, and see how that compared to the Switch at the same 3-4 watts.

Linus & Co. summed it up nicely with, "Keep your preorders, everyone because you're gonna love this thing." That's haigh praise given that while on the OS side of things feels a little incomplete, it's definitely a step in the right direction, and according to them, Valve agrees with their assessment, and will improve as time goes on.

And finally, Phawx showing off PS3 emulation was a surprise, and it runs better than I would've anticipated. I could see the emulator itself getting Deck specific tweaks to better utilize the hardware, and same with other emulators. And who would've thunk it? Running Switch games on native hardware is better than emulation on the Deck. Who knew?

From resetera chatter, this seems to be a very Nvidia style launch. Many people who had December preorders before the delay have yet to get confirmation email. I was hoping the delay would boost the quantities available but it seems that is not the case. I am thinking Q2 shipments will be very late in the window, maybe even slipping. Bummer

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

From resetera chatter, this seems to be a very Nvidia style launch. Many people who had December preorders before the delay have yet to get confirmation email. I was hoping the delay would boost the quantities available but it seems that is not the case. I am thinking Q2 shipments will be very late in the window, maybe even slipping. Bummer

Adjusting my internal estimate to early Q4.

46 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

sighasaurus rex you’re probably right, it’ll be like August or something 

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, stepee said:

sighasaurus rex you’re probably right, it’ll be like August or something 

Be funny if I can order a 6800u Neo before I get my deck. (No it's not :()

I just realized I jynxed myself by allowing that thought to enter in my brain.

1 hour ago, Zaku3 said:

The new patch helped me alot. Not sure if @stepee has reported his status.

I’m probably not going to be back to it for at least a week since Horizon is huge, I expect there to be somewhat of a solution either via patch, driver, or special k (kal is looking into it and he fixed neir back in the day).

This is interesting how running it this way allowed them to fix it in a way. Nvidia largely fixed FF7R with a driver update so I hope that’s all it takes here for DX12 since idk if From can in any decent timeframe.