Valve drops a Tim Epic-approved steamer!

Hurricane Game

1 minute ago, imthesoldier said:

I succumbed when I got selected for a Newegg Shuffle for a 3060 + a Z590 mobo, but I am not for the Deck. I'm going to actually wait for my queue this time around.

Same. The prices are too high and most of the listing are after Q2 reservations. Just gonna wait. There might be hope it goes by quick.

1 minute ago, Zaku3 said:

Same. The prices are too high and most of the listing are after Q2 reservations. Just gonna wait. There might be hope it goes by quick.

1 minute ago, Dimden said:

Yeah, I'll wait for my Q2 email. April isn't far off anyway, Elden Ring will keep me plenty occupied, and Sunbreak isn't releasing till the summer.

Q2 will put us between April 1st, and June 30th, so it's honestly not THAT far away, and we all have games to keep us occupied.

I rechecked my initial reservation email from July 16th, and my confirmation was one hour after they had opened them up for Steam users (Date Issued was 11:02am), and managed the Q2 slot. I suspect based on this, I'll be towards the latter half of Q2, which makes it closer to my Birthday, so would make a nice gift to myself. :D

11 minutes ago, imthesoldier said:

Q2 will put us between April 1st, and June 30th, so it's honestly not THAT far away, and we all have games to keep us occupied.

I rechecked my initial reservation email from July 16th, and my confirmation was one hour after they had opened them up for Steam users (Date Issued was 11:02am), and managed the Q2 slot. I suspect based on this, I'll be towards the latter half of Q2, which makes it closer to my Birthday, so would make a nice gift to myself. :D

Im after Q2. But I am kinda hopeful of August/Sept now since weekly shippings will be going out.

Although first impressions of being in a que "AFTER" 2ndQ2022 sucked, I now feel it's a blessing. I still wish I had one on it's way but knowing mines coming somewhere between July-December "Obviously after 2ndQ means a very wide window" there's time to have 10,000-100,000's in the wild and giving us unfortunately time to see problems like this arise and many months to have valve's attention to fixing most of them. 

At least the wait has made me really dust off my Nintendo 3DS, Switch and PS Vita! Three consoles I already neglect all the time. PC gaming get's 80% of my gaming time though, so the Steam Deck seems like an awesome complement to my gaming schedule and I'm still very excited to own one, but just as excited to read/watch/learn about this pretty damn cool handheld gaming devise. Having Steam and Game pass on a handheld is just so damned cool. "like the PS5 I'll have one when I have one, it is what it is......lol Oh side note: At least I do have a time frame and a confirmed reservation for a Steam Deck, I'm not entirely sure the PS5 really exists! I've never seen one in person, only on Youtube. We all know how much of that is fake :Dunno:

9 minutes ago, Zaku3 said:

Wait so Bungie is gonna ban people? GabeN gotta make a call.

people at resetera and probably twitter I guess are all up in arms over Bungie stating they do not officially support the steam deck and the way to get around playing Destiny 2 on Steam OS which would bypass the cheat protection would still result in a ban as it normally would. When the windows drivers are up, you can install Windows and play there. Some companies are not wanting to deal with trouble shooting specifically for deck users yet. It’s a whatever.

3 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

I’m still Q2. Valve is really challenging Nvidia for the paper launch crown. @stepee you slip to Q3?

I was after q2 so I expected to be Q3. Aya is having covid issues (the area they are in) so hopefully this week or next week restrictions ease and they can ship my Advance.

There is a 512GB for 1.2k on ebay that is tempting as hell though.

55 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

I’m still Q2. Valve is really challenging Nvidia for the paper launch crown. @stepee you slip to Q3?

Still holding a Q2 here! Though this doesn’t exactly fill me with further confidence that it’s not eventually going to slip.

3 hours ago, imthesoldier said:

Just checked, and I'm still Q2. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

EDIT: Btw, I have the 512GB Version on reservation. What does everyone else have on reservation?

512giger, still Q2 for now (my reservation went through pretty quickly like 5-6 mins of crashing/timeouts then good)