Valve drops a Tim Epic-approved steamer!

Hurricane Game

2 hours ago, imthesoldier said:

Hmmm. The video is now private. Any idea what the title was beforehand?

It was a video from Phawx that showed how you can tweak the deck to get extreme battery life. Some people got upset about it and he took it down. 

17 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

It was a video from Phawx that showed how you can tweak the deck to get extreme battery life. Some people got upset about it and he took it down. 

People got upset about how to do the equivalent of hypermiling for a Steam Deck? I don't see how that makes any sense, or why people would complain, but people be people I guess...

2 hours ago, imthesoldier said:

People got upset about how to do the equivalent of hypermiling for a Steam Deck? I don't see how that makes any sense, or why people would complain, but people be people I guess...

Yea I thought it was interesting video to see all the different ways you can tweak the deck

The amount of transparency Valve is showing is staggering to me, and it's sad it's not the norm. 

"Once you buy it, it's yours."

"Want to replace parts? Here are new ones you can buy."

"We don't recommend you open it up, but that's what our Lawyers insist us saying so liability is not on us." 

"Don't like using SteamOS? That's fine, install whatever OS you want. It is yours after all." 

"Want to tweak settings? Sure, it's yours."

I know I just upgraded my PC, but man, I'm excited to try out the Steam Dick. 

• True 2

3 minutes ago, imthesoldier said:

I tried RS2 on my newly updated rig (11400F + 3060), and was surprised to see it running very well. Mostly locked 60fps at 1080p with some minor audio glitches mostly. 

Hopefully I can hit 30fps at 4k wit my 6800XT.

3bf73f117eb2f29bacc33d969d599f10f9c09ee4
STORE.STEAMPOWERED.COM

Hello! Just a quick note before we get back to prepping for launch (three days left!): we've just released a new tool on the Steam Store for you to check the Steam Deck compatibility ratings of all the games you already own. We hope the page is pretty self-explanatory -- log in with your Steam account, and we'll show you the compatibility rating of each title in your library and what sort of experience you can expect to have...

abee258720c7bf3f47fc1ac39b899fb4008bde9b
STORE.STEAMPOWERED.COM

Hi all, Steam Deck launches in just two days! Thought we would send along some details for what you can expect on Friday, February 25th: Starting at 10am Pacific, we'll be sending emails out to the first batch of reservation holders via the address tied to their Steam account. Those folks will then have 72 hours to complete their purchase on Steam for the specific model they reserved.