Let's talk about your favorite safe spaces/rooms/areas in games

SaysWho?

Saw this topic on Reset and really like the idea.

maxresdefault.jpg

Ah, so relaxing. Nothing's gonna get me. And look at all these great items. Yeah man, this is the place.

LevelZero.0.gif

Yeah man, why even do anything in the game when I can just spend time drinking lemonade in a Jacuzzi?

Hunter's_Dream.jpg

bloodborne-chalice-ritual-altar.jpg

Ah yes, the one place where I'm not getting my ass kicked. I'll just sneak behind the house, or maybe I'll visit the Chalice Dungeons, or maybe I'll go get my ass kicked elsewhere. Or maybe I'll just continue to help people in the dungeons over and over. This is a nice place.

2 minutes ago, Hurdyb1 said:

Resident Evil's typewriter save areas was the first thing that popped in my mind when I saw this title. Like you said, nothing could touch you. It really was a major stress reliever. 

I agree. Especially in RE3 Nemesis when he is chasing you.

2 minutes ago, Hurdyb1 said:

Resident Evil's typewriter save areas was the first thing that popped in my mind when I saw this title. Like you said, nothing could touch you. It really was a major stress reliever. 

These are absolutely the pinnacle of this concept. Love the melancholic mood of the themes as well, a perfect touch.

Bloodborne would be second for me as well despite not really liking the concept of even having this after Dark Souls I's world design. 

Nioh's hot springs are pretty cool too although not really isolated areas.

Unique but Gears of War. I often enjoyed the down times in the Gears of War series when you could hear the characters interact with each other,  about their various experiences, and just get little information about them. I so appreciated the space inbetween the action.