Let's talk about your favorite safe spaces/rooms/areas in games

SaysWho?

1 hour ago, legend said:

It's the Blood and Wine expansion of W3 at your vineyard if you do the smart thing and choose Triss.

Having played a whole lot of Mass Effect, I made the mistake of trying to choose both of the women and then deciding later.

One of these days, I'm going to play Witcher 3 again, making much different choices, and I'm going with one woman.

1 hour ago, SaysWho? said:

Having played a whole lot of Mass Effect, I made the mistake of trying to choose both of the women and then deciding later.

One of these days, I'm going to play Witcher 3 again, making much different choices, and I'm going with one woman.

:lol: Yeah W3 has a lot of interesting down stream consequences for decisions you make. Hopefully your downstream consequences for decision affecting Ciri went better!

1 hour ago, legend said:

:lol: Yeah W3 has a lot of interesting down stream consequences for decisions you make. Hopefully your downstream consequences for decision affecting Ciri went better!

They did! Gonna try to go for the "best" ending next time for everyone.

• Like 1

Triss is more maternal and nurturing; a witcher needs someone who will tend to his wounds, not someone like Yen who will just toss you a needle and say, 'Better get to sewing before you bleed out, kid.' Yen is the bi-polar girlfriend you have in college that breaks all your shit but keeps you around by sucking the soul out of your dick, whereas Triss is the girl you settle down with when you realize how far kindness goes as the foundation of a relationship.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Exactly. Triss legitimately loves Geralt. She still helps him to remember in the former game believing she'd probably lose him despite doing. Yen is massive cunt, so much so that everywhere Geralt goes people laugh at how Yen treats him like a dog. Compare Yen's response to Geralt when you meet her in W3 to the meeting with Triss. Triss tries to set aside her feelings and get the job done despite them, while treating Geralt with respect.

In my world for Geralt, he grows as a person and chooses a relationship with a sane and passionate adult.

• Like 1

Not to mention that Yen takes Geralt's feelings for granted for 80% of the game, then when she feels vulnerable she suddenly needs to break the djinn's spell to see if it's true, honest love. She keeps him at arms length until she needs him, then demands all of him. That's pretty damn selfish!

• Like 1

Are you kidding me? What Yen did? Triss basically leads Geralt on after he forgets about his past and tricks him into loving her when he actually loves Yen. The books are way more Yen/Geralt and Triss is the third wheel. That’s why you either go Yen or just hook up with both. If you play the game as you then obviously Triss makes a lot of sense. But if you make choices based on what Geralt would do, the game wouldn’t end with being with Triss. 

It’s pretty fucking clear in W3 if you choose Triss that Yen does love him and is upset when she thinks the Djinn was the only reason he was interested in her. 

Triss and Yen are both characters with big flaws and both love Geralt despite doing shitty things. 

Geralt is a god damned Witcher not an accountant. 

On 8/17/2018 at 3:14 PM, darkness35 said:

I've always liked the Castlevania save rooms.  Still think Curse of Darkness had one of best ones despite it being mediocre.

The mere mention of Curse Of Darkness disappoints me anew. 

PS2 Castlevania was so fucking depressing. 

8 hours ago, johnny said:

Are you kidding me? What Yen did? Triss basically leads Geralt on after he forgets about his past and tricks him into loving her when he actually loves Yen. The books are way more Yen/Geralt and Triss is the third wheel. That’s why you either go Yen or just hook up with both. If you play the game as you then obviously Triss makes a lot of sense. But if you make choices based on what Geralt would do, the game wouldn’t end with being with Triss. 

Trick? It's not like Triss cast a spell to make Geralt fall in love with her. If she did, then yeah, loving someone because of a spell would be a pretty shoddy foundation for a relationship. Huh. What do you know, that's exactly the foundation for Yen & Geralt :lol: 

It's not about playing as me. Geralt goes through a lot, grows as a person, and has that spell broken. He also has reached a point where he's settling down. With the arch of the final games, it makes sense for Geralt to make a more adult decision in this regard too.

8 hours ago, johnny said:

It’s pretty fucking clear in W3 if you choose Triss that Yen does love him and is upset when she thinks the Djinn was the only reason he was interested in her. 

Triss and Yen are both characters with big flaws and both love Geralt despite doing shitty things. 

Geralt is a god damned Witcher not an accountant. 

Yes, Yen loves Geralt in the same way a narcissist does. I don't know about you, but I've met a lot of really toxic people in my life with that personality (fortunately, usually not attached to me, but someone I care about like good friends, my mother's mother, etc.) If you try and disassociate it's all "poor me the world is falling, I can't live with out you" histrionics. But when it's not that they put the person through hell. That is Yen, and fuck that shit. It's not mentally healthy to attach yourself to those people.

10 hours ago, Chris- said:

Triss is more maternal and nurturing; a witcher needs someone who will tend to his wounds, not someone like Yen who will just toss you a needle and say, 'Better get to sewing before you bleed out, kid.' Yen is the bi-polar girlfriend you have in college that breaks all your shit but keeps you around by sucking the soul out of your dick, whereas Triss is the girl you settle down with when you realize how far kindness goes as the foundation of a relationship.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!