~* Tripe/Counter-Tripe *~

2 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

There are two pools of my family. My grandmother pool that like "Que diablo es Latinx. That's not Spanish." Neither is clóset, but that's never stopped anyone in our family. The other is "Yeah, I guess LGBTQ people like it better. Whatever." I've never met anyone that actually had a real opinion on the matter other than right-wing douches. Those right-wing douches could totally be Latinx as well. There are plenty of them. Also, me referring to them as Latinx just triggered the whole lot of them.

Opinion on Latines?

Just now, SuperSpreader said:

Opinion on Latines?

Latines sounds WAY better in Spanish and spoken language overall. I can't help but think it would be horribly butchered by anyone that doesn't speak a Latin language. So much so that Latinx might be preferable. Like I'd want to hit someone that pronounced it Latīnes, because English is dumb that way.

21 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

Latines sounds WAY better in Spanish and spoken language overall. I can't help but think it would be horribly butchered by anyone that doesn't speak a Latin language. So much so that Latinx might be preferable. Like I'd want to hit someone that pronounced it Latīnes, because English is dumb that way.

La Tiny's 

Hala peen yow

4 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I understand the issue for Latins, but I'm speaking for non-Latins myself who want to use a non-gendered descriptive in English.

For example, saying "He is Latin" instead of "He is Latino".

If you're looking for a non-gendered way to say it, the first step is probably to not refer to them as a "he". :]

:p

• Shocked 1
  • Haha 1
  • True 1

When I used to live with my former best friend, he would drink 2-4L of milk of per day (that's 1/2 - 1 gallons). He had two 4L jugs in the fridge, another few in the fridge in the basement, and then he froze a few more in the deepfreeze. When he thawed them, he had to shake them vigorously to get the fats to de-chunk. So...he was drinking anywhere from 4-7 gallons per week on his own.

Coincidentally when he moved away for a different degree he cut out milk and lost about 40 pounds.