Update: Senate shelves the BBB Act

4 hours ago, Chadatog said:

Well this pic of one guy from four years ago really confirms what the country at large thinks about the ACA.

Going back to my post: "ACA has become more popular over time, and I haven’t seen anything indicating there’s been a shift with whom it’s associated."

This is some idiot in 2017. Polling on the *ACA* has improved:

9267-03-Figure-1.png

fopsqarh3uopf9clfupytq.png

ACA used to be unpopular and now isn't. When called Obamacare, popularity has still improved. All I'm asking is receipts that there's also been a shift in who it's associated with. I think you guys just take the worst interpretation of something and run with it.

3 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Democrats (as an institution) don't give a fuck about people, they only care about getting re-elected and/or getting money. There are certainly people within the party who care, but not the party itself. 

The Republicans want to smash and grab loot the country. The Democrats prefer to skim off the top of a nominally functional system.

1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:

Democrats (as an institution) don't give a fuck about people, they only care about getting re-elected and/or getting money. There are certainly people within the party who care, but not the party itself. 

It’s the purview of people in power to maintain the chain of custody for said power even when it’s not going to benefit them directly. This is why you see someone like Biden not being heavily invested in pursuing the likely crimes of Trump and his gang to the extent that outside observers would like, why the SCOTUS is occasionally united on things that seem contrary to their political beliefs when it rules in favor of their specific authority, etc.

I believe that the Democratic Party, in broad strokes, does care about people, it’s just a lower priority than the conservation of power. It’s part of why I think term limits would help, and why campaign finance reform almost certainly would, and the combination of both would be best.

I think this is also part of why the modern GOP is floundering so much… there’s a lot of what used to define them that has either been (generally) achieved, like low taxes, or is currently so out of popular favor, like gay marriage, that it’s not a brass ring worth trying to grab. So it’s all gamesmanship and culture wars, the big battles have generally been won.

Pelosi has added the four weeks of paid family and medical leave back into social spending bill.

211028143728-01-pelosi-weekly-presser-10
WWW.CNN.COM

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, in a major shift, announced on Wednesday that four weeks of paid family and medical leave will be added back into the social spending bill, after Democrats had previously scrapped the provision from the package.

• Like 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Update: Pelosi restores 4 weeks of paid family/medical leave to BBB
23 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Pelosi has added the four weeks of paid family and medical leave back into social spending bill.

211028143728-01-pelosi-weekly-presser-10
WWW.CNN.COM

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, in a major shift, announced on Wednesday that four weeks of paid family and medical leave will be added back into the social spending bill, after Democrats had previously scrapped...

Maybe the election woke them up?

hahhahahhahshshahhshshababajhaahahhaahhahahhahsha hilarious thought