Update: Senate shelves the BBB Act

11 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

this mother fucker is a big part of why there isn't rx drug negotiations and implicitly threatening to tank the bill over tax cuts for the rich

Menendez -- perhaps the MOST CORRUPT senator currently in office -- UNQUESTIONABLY shares a helluva lot of blame along with the other two.

14 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Omar and Jayapal have stated that the progressive caucus in the House is "happy with" and "enthusiastically endorse" the framework and will be voting for both bills.

Granted, they're probably REALLY disappointed with the way it's turned out, but they HAVE to say these things in order give cover to Senator Sailor Moon and Baron Von Coalfield otherwise it's nothing at all.

• True 1

Why even bother, honestly. I should sell myself into marriage slavery to a Dutch person or something, I feel like my prospects would improve.

I mean... I guess we aren't Brazil. You can always bank on that.

This is one of those days where I just want to gamble all of my money and toss myself in a river. ... Granted, that's also a lot of other days, but still.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

Why even bother, honestly. I should sell myself into marriage slavery to a Dutch person or something, I feel like my prospects would improve.

I mean... I guess we aren't Brazil. You can always bank on that.

This is one of those days where I just want to gamble all of my money and toss myself in a river. ... Granted, that's also a lot of other days, but still.

Have u tried therapy and/or medicine. I got on bupropion 2 months ago and it plus pristiq makes me feel amazing. Like i still wish I was never born but things are way better then just taking pristq and way way way better then being on no meds.

2 minutes ago, Zaku3 said:

Have u tried therapy and/or medicine. I got on bupropion 2 months ago and it plus pristiq makes me feel amazing. Like i still wish I was never born but things are way better then just taking pristq and way way way better then being on no meds.

I've spent enough of my life being addicted to various substances that substances aren't really appealing to me anymore, regardless of their intent.

Except mushrooms. My favorite days are mushroom days. The only problem is you can't do it all the time, tolerance is a motherfucker. Try eating mushrooms every day and my day five you're eating a fifth just to feel alive. You have to space it out.

Therapy is something I need to get on, though.

11 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

I've spent enough of my life being addicted to various substances that substances aren't really appealing to me anymore, regardless of their intent.

Except mushrooms. My favorite days are mushroom days. The only problem is you can't do it all the time, tolerance is a motherfucker. Try eating mushrooms every day and my day five you're eating a fifth just to feel alive. You have to space it out.

Therapy is something I need to get on, though.

I tried to do a second round of truffles in Amsterdam way too soon and I just puked it back up. Crazy tolerance spike with psilocybin. 

I've seriously flabbergasted at how easy Paid Leave and Medicare drug price negotiation could be made into big wins, especially considering old people pay attention and would have appreciated a concrete improvement to Medicare. 

Reading the framework, it's NOT a bad bill. As @b_m_b_m_b_m said way earlier in the thread, it's just been stripped of shit for arbitrary reasons, but what's in here are good things that can be built on and campaigned on, and things like a hopefully expanded child tax credit down the line and expanded child care are still important. But this isn't like 10 or 15 years ago when I was in college -- I have a lady and we were hoping these provisions would be made into reality because we have no guarantee that our employers will both offer paid leave whenever we'd marry and then have a kid. This isn't just political theory anymore like it was in college; I was really hoping that paid leave, child care, and tax credits as a trifecta would be there for us several years from now since it's such a material difference. Not to mention shit like paid leave is an obvious benefit that is easy to campaign on as opposed to, "I helped with Medicaid."

I will always have disdain for Republicans for always being the party of no and doing the disingenuous, "herp derp the only bi-partisanship is the opposition," and people taking their criticisms seriously as if they debate in good faith, but the Corporate Democrats bear plenty of blame on their own for sucking ass even if they're better than the other party which has the coherency of a giraffe with a dildo shoved up its ass and coming out of its throat in its death twitches trying to speak Portuguese. Let the primaries to people like Sinema continue and expand.

at this point passing nothing is the worst possible action and it's sad! That many people think northing is a good option. The climate stuff alone is worth passing!

Even the idiots at Sunrise call the climate provisions "good". We might even hit our Paris target with this!

This 500 billion investment isn't enough or ideal but it has held up against the coal Barron himself who got elected with an ad where he shot the cap and trade bill with a rifle.

And to reiterate what @Anathema- said earlier too:

I'll be next in line to say that we need rx drug negotiation and paid leave (the good program) but it's better to get something than nothing and live to fight another day. Biden really needs to sell to people disappointed that the answer is not despair but to elect more and better democrats! Everyone has been waiting for their "turn" to get major item X (which is absolutely needed) passed but we have not enough good Dems to do it, we need more. If we get more Dems we can get to that issue and do it right

• True 1