~* The official thread of stonks, tendies, safe, sound and very real professional financial advice *~

40 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:
social
WWW.WSJ.COM

Individual investors weren’t the only ones to make a lot of money on GameStop’s rally.

They thank you for your diamond hands 

but this was about sticking it to hedge funds and proving the little guy could make a difference and other falsehoods

11 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

but this was about sticking it to hedge funds and proving the little guy could make a difference and other falsehoods

I mean obviously anyone who held $GME made bank. But the vast majority of entities that got absolutely fucked were hedge funds as they typically are the only ones who short. And there definitely was a concerted effort by them to kill Gamestop. 

28 minutes ago, Air_Delivery said:

I mean obviously anyone who held $GME made bank. But the vast majority of entities that got absolutely fucked were hedge funds as they typically are the only ones who short. And there definitely was a concerted effort by them to kill Gamestop. 

I don’t dispute that, but I think that lost in the memes, the stonks, and the tendies is the notion that while some hedge funds got washed, “Wall Street” fattened the bag with the tremendous trade activity that went on, and that individuals who chase trends in the interest of getting rich quickly via day trading are almost always going to get worked. Not everyone is going into the venture with their Snapple money, people popping off about holding and shit going to the moon need SOMEONE to be the mark, “TO THE MOON,” and talking about how this is a crusade is a way for sharps to get fish to ante up.

You really wanna fuck over hedge funds, elect representatives that are motivated to regulate them. Anything else is playing whack a mole with one hand and shooting at the craps table with the other. I know which is more fun, I know which is easier to do. :p  Let’s also not pretend that the industry being fucked with didn’t just absolutely thrive through a debilitating recession... hedge funds are going to be fine.

Oh no doubt once it became this huge thing anything that it was initially about became a giant feeding frenzy where now the people that are gonna be fucked are those late to the party. The blood is in the water and the sharks are back in control.

Wallstreetbets is going to collapse in to a copetron star with all the money lost. Hopefully that sub will go back to what it used to be before all the hype.

14 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:
social
WWW.WSJ.COM

Individual investors weren’t the only ones to make a lot of money on GameStop’s rally.

They thank you for your diamond hands 

Im surprised it was only that much. Figured these jackals would have shorted the stock at $480 knowing it was about to drop, especially once RH cut off buying in. 

Just now, Keyser_Soze said:

The person who's saying it matters.

If you say it no one cares

If a highly influential billionaire says it, people care.

It still doesn't meet the requirements for market manipulation, especially since he said he has no stake in DOGE. And in every case of market manipulation, the bare minimum of proof SEEMS to be that you stood to profit from the actions you took. 

The Supreme Court would never uphold the prohibition of saying words, and the SEC wouldn't try. But if he really has no stake, there is no case to begin with.

If he was doing this with his company's, sure, I could see that. But screaming something that was literally created as a meme? C'mon now.

On 1/28/2021 at 3:14 PM, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I DEMAND the r/WSB posters be invited to the hearing!

Senator:  "Can you please state your name for the record?"

Redditor: "XxNoScope420BlazeItxX"

xadypbrkemqlxflwxqzb.png
KOTAKU.COM

Rep. Maxine Waters announced that Reddit investor DeepFuckingValue, aka YouTuber Roaring Kitty, aka former insurance marketer Keith Gill, will testify before Congress about what the hell has been going on with GameStop’s stock later this month.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Air_Delivery said:

I'm holding my $PINS through earnings. I know they are gonna have a blowout but they have had a massive run so I hope it is enough to moon it.

I'm a $PINS believer though. 

It’s already in the $70s, how high are you expecting it to go? (Serious question)

Lol I think GME and AMC are finally and fully dead, the comment sections on Webull seem to have lost all hope - haven’t checked Reddit yet, though :pBB might be doing the software for Lucid so it could be alive again (not $28, though lol). NOK earnings report made them drop even more.

1 minute ago, Spork3245 said:

Who do you use? Webull won’t do OTC stocks

Schwab. You should be able to get $100 for signing up. It's also my main debit card, refunds all ATM fees monthly (with no out of network fees on their end) and no foreign exchange fees so it's great for pulling out small amounts of cash while traveling. 

1 hour ago, Spork3245 said:

It’s already in the $70s, how high are you expecting it to go? (Serious question)

Looking at share price is pointless, market cap is the thing to look at.  I think it is potentially a 100B+ company. It will never be FB or twitter as far as users but I do think it will be more valuable to advertisers and provide better data than any social media site. People who go on Pinterest literally want to be advertised to. Its hard to beat that.