~*The Capitol Hill Beer Belly Putsch Official Thread*~

Sometimes I like to try and imagine how these people would have reacted if the exact same thing happened, but it was Obama and not Trump. A bunch of people with Obama flags claiming the election was stolen. Everything 100% identical, but it was Obama. I'm willing to bet the rights reaction would be roughly 100 times as intense as how the left reacted. That might be underselling it. They would cover it with the same intensity as if the sky ripped open and demons were flying around. It would be like the fucking end times.

3 hours ago, ort said:

Sometimes I like to try and imagine how these people would have reacted if the exact same thing happened, but it was Obama and not Trump. A bunch of people with Obama flags claiming the election was stolen. Everything 100% identical, but it was Obama. I'm willing to bet the rights reaction would be roughly 100 times as intense as how the left reacted. That might be underselling it. They would cover it with the same intensity as if the sky ripped open and demons were flying around. It would be like the fucking end times.

When there was a minor riot in Portland after Trump won in 2016 in which the worst damage was like some smashed headlights and maybe a broken window. To hear Fox News cover it, Portland went up in flames from a bunch of whiney losers.

I know there have been anecdotes of people from Trump country going into cities like Seattle and Portland asking people like, "Could you tell us how to get to where all the damage from the BLM protests is?" on the assumption that entire districts of the city were leveled and that it'd be something you'd want to see for yourself if you were there, like damage from Katrina or something.

19 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

With shit like this, I 100% understand why no one wants all the files on JFK's assassination to be made public. 

All it will do is lay bare just how fucking ineffectual and useless these agencies are at protecting people against these totally obvious signs of impending attack. 

WaPo has an extensive series released today on the redneck rebellion.

FOKFQMSRGEI6XIPV7WXSRT6KSA.jpg&w=1440
WWW.WASHINGTONPOST.COM

Read Sally Buzbee’s letter about The Post’s three-part series “The Attack: Before, During and After.”

2 minutes ago, Brick said:

This is slightly off topic, but speaking of the FBI I saw a commercial for a show called "FBI International", and I just thought huh? That doesn't make sense. The FBI deals with federal crimes. 

If the Federal crime has an international aspect, then that's also within the FBI's purview.

23 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

The American public is deeply, deeply stupid. The only theory of change that hasn't been refuted is just vibes. Do and campaign on popular things doesn't work, unpopular things doesn't appear to hurt you so long as your vibe is normal. Shit sucks.

Well clearly you can get a Sherrod Brown as long he passes the vibes check but instead the Democrats keep hammering their heads with establishment hacks and military veterans who come off as weird as possible to normal people. 

Tbh it would have just been a whole lot of "I don't recall" if they even showed up (more likely just flat out refusing toothless house subpoenas) but yeah I would have appreciated the effort.  

Imo garland was a baaad pick for DOJ. Dude doesn't give a fuck and is likely a republican.

3 minutes ago, Patatat said:

Tbh it would have just been a whole lot of "I don't recall" if they even showed up (more likely just flat out refusing toothless house subpoenas) but yeah I would have appreciated the effort.  

Imo garland was a baaad pick for DOJ. Dude doesn't give a fuck and is likely a republican.

https://fedsoc.org/contributors/merrick-garland

7 hours ago, Patatat said:

Sure, but don't they have profiles on tons of judges?

Just saying that isn't some kind of smoking gun, but overall I'd say Garland is probably a center right judge, which makes it even more wild the GOP wouldn't confirm him under Obama.

Obama only nominated him because of that very reason. He chose someone he figured the GOP would confirm. He was naive.