Do you have any hot takes regarding food?

stepee

All of my food takes are hot takes. 

Not sure if this will be a hot take, but Popeyes has the best fries. The only fry that can be better is Five Guys if you get them fresh and they are still crispy. Five Guys fries can turn bad faster than a McDonald's fry if you don't get a good batch. 

Also avocado and hummus sucks. I don't mean combined, but just in general. Prolly suck combined too tho.

This isn't particularly a "take" so much as a weird personal preference, but I can't stand creamy textured-things in my food. Avocado, mayo, ranch, guacamole, blue cheese, all of that. The only exception being chip dips.

Cereal is just cold soup, chicago style pizza isn't really pizza, the reason we only eat thanksgiving food on thanksgiving is that most of it sucks.

30 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

the reason we only eat thanksgiving food on thanksgiving is that most of it sucks

That's why I have Lasagna. Turkey is not good. At least the way the average American makes a thanksgiving turkey makes it taste bland and boring so you cover it in gravy. And I have only had thanksgiving turkey. Tried it as a kid and didn't care for it, and I tried it as an adult and have no desire to ever eat turkey. Just give me a fucking chicken.

2 hours ago, Bacon said:

All of my food takes are hot takes. 

Not sure if this will be a hot take, but Popeyes has the best fries. They only fry that can be better is Five Guys if you get them fresh and they are still crispy. Five Guys fries can turn bad faster than a McDonald's fry if you don't get a good batch. 

Also avocado and hummus sucks. I don't mean combined, but just in general. Prolly suck combined too tho.

As far as fast food goes, I usually eat my fries first. Fries have a very short time frame of when they are good, meanwhile I can let the burger or whatever sit for a little bit and still tastes just as good.

8 minutes ago, Bacon said:

That's why I have Lasagna. Turkey is not good. At least the way the average American makes a thanksgiving turkey makes it taste bland and boring so you cover it in gravy. And I have only had thanksgiving turkey. Tried it as a kid and didn't care for it, and I tried it as an adult and have no desire to ever eat turkey. Just give me a fucking chicken.

I cannot stand turkey anymore. I advocate for a small ham on Thanksgiving for this reason.

11 minutes ago, Rachel said:

When was the last time you ate brussel sprouts?

Not in a while but I have attempted to prepare them, ohhh wow like countless ways while having had them made for me in other fashions. I just think it boils down to not being too keen on cabbage...unless its red cabbage or it is cole slaw!

1. I don't like ketchup

2. The only condiments I put on fries are either hot sauce or mayo

3. I can't stand avocados, the texture grosses me out

4. Olives are incredibly disgusting to me

5. I still love weird old-world European shit like canned fish fillets in sauce

6. I eat cold cut sandwiches for breakfast all the time

5 hours ago, Slug said:

In-n-Out Burger is over-rated.  I don't get why people are so high on that place.

It's amazing for the price. I find this point seems to get lost in trying to talk about it, and then there's a lot of nostalgia around it for a lot of people. Plus it often gets put up against places like Five Guys, which...I mean there isn't anything on the east coast that fits In-n-Out's niche, so it's being compared against stuff that's a lot more expensive than it.

Also people love the secret menu but I think it's dumb that you have to just know about stuff like animal style to get the best experience.

42 minutes ago, Chris- said:

Bacon eats two cups of Mexican ramen for breakfast, that's nothing.

No. It was two a week as in I would have one on Monday and have one on Saturday for example. Also, I haven't had any since like October I think, but I did just get two last week. Haven't eaten them yet. 

29 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

what's the big deal?

I like the taste of the things I like. You can't just make a smoothie out of beef jerky, the texture of the food would be all wrong. Taste is the primary reason people eat these days. It would be better for the obesity crisis tho if everything was just a pill or something. There is also the issue of feeling full. I don't mean stuffing yourself, but there can be a sense of satisfaction from a full stomach. Curbing your appetite is not the same as feeling full. 

12 hours ago, Jason said:

It's amazing for the price. I find this point seems to get lost in trying to talk about it, and then there's a lot of nostalgia around it for a lot of people. Plus it often gets put up against places like Five Guys, which...I mean there isn't anything on the east coast that fits In-n-Out's niche, so it's being compared against stuff that's a lot more expensive than it.

Also people love the secret menu but I think it's dumb that you have to just know about stuff like animal style to get the best experience.

I can see that.  Value goes a long way.  I'm a big Taco Bell fan and that's 50% taste and 50% value right there so, I get it.

But just from personal experience, and I don't recall how they compare value-wise because it's been a couple years, I'm much more jazzed to see a Whataburger sign when I travel than an In-n-Out sign.  Just from a burger-enjoyment standpoint, I found Whataburger to be the best regional burger chain that we don't have here in the Northeast.