Do you have any hot takes regarding food?

stepee

Coming from a person who has been bartending for nearly a decade: "girly" drinks are just generally sweet drinks. Manly men are supposed to like bitter drinks or slightly sweet drinks. Personally, I think it's stupid. I drank a kamikaze tonight. Cosmopolitans are delicious. Plenty of women drink old fashioned's (which are 100% better if you get them with rye instead of bourbon, FYI. Same with manhattans. Covering bourbon with sugar doesn't do anything but make it taste like candy, while rye has more depth of flavor that gets brought out when you open it up with sweetness. Don't use bourbon for cocktails is what I'm saying), I think people who drink negronis are weird, and also fernet is delicious.

ALSO, the best cocktail on the planet, in my opinion, would probably be considered a girly drink. It's called a pink floyd. However, I have seen many different ways of making it. The way I do it is, shot of vodka (or more if you want, like I do), quarter to a half of a squeezed grapefruit, depending on how big it is, half a shot of apple pucker, a splash of cranberry juice, shake and dump into a glass of your choice, then top with sprite. Or soda if you don't want the 'betes, it's fine either way. You're left with a glass of pink fabulousness.

Also kamikazes are literally just vodka margaritas drank as a shot. Literally every other ingredient and ratio is the same.

Same thing with the long island drink chain. Long Island iced teas are tons of clear booze/triple sec/sugar/lemon (or sour mix) and coke. If you want to make a black opal, just switch the lemon/sour for raspberry liqueur and the coke for sprite. A Tokyo tea is replace it with midori and sprite. An AMF is replace the triple sec with blue curacao and the coke with 7up. But the basic ingredients are all the same. The only things that change are the liqueur and soda.

ALSO, if you're like me and you love the idea of a bloody mary, but every time you get one you get really tired of it by like halfway through the drink, get a bloody mary as a shot.

Shot of vodka of your choice

Shot of bloody mary mix, perhaps with some extra on the side as a chaser

Extra heavy dash of worcestirshire to fight the vodka

Splash of lime juice

Hot sauce to taste

Heavily salted rim

Shaken

Down the hatch. It will wake you up in the morning but won't make you regret getting a bloody mary 20 minutes later like I always do.

3 hours ago, best3444 said:

It's sad to see but it's reality and I actually believe particular animals were created for us to eat. It's just the way to world has and will always work. Until the Alien's come down and kill us all.

The animals don’t have to be mistreated though.

37 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I absolutely agree with that. It's awful when looking at the big picture but we have to eat. Mistreated animals break my heart. I hate seeing even the photo above.

What does we have to eat have to do with animals being mistreated?

3 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Honestly animals should stop being so lazy and evolve faster so they can put us in our place. They have no one to blame but themselves. 

Nah we should just put them up in some five star hotels until we slice their heads off and cook them that way we aren't mistreating them and Joe can sleep better at night

6 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Nah we should just put them up in some five star hotels until we slice their heads off and cook them that way we aren't mistreating them and Joe can sleep better at night

You know the ethical treatment of animals used for slaughter is a thing right? Are you dumb?