CDPR's "Public Relations Hell Week" Continues: GOG reneges on releasing Taiwanese horror game "Devotion" after "receiving many messages from gamers" (aka, the Chinese government)

Commissar SFLUFAN

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to CDPR's "Public Relations Hell Week" Continues: GOG reneges on releasing Taiwanese game "Devotion" after "receiving many messages from gamers" (aka, the People's Republic of China)
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to CDPR's "Public Relations Hell Week" Continues: GOG reneges on releasing Taiwanese horror game "Devotion" after "receiving many messages from gamers" (aka, the People's Republic of China)
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to CDPR's "Public Relations Hell Week" Continues: GOG reneges on releasing Taiwanese horror game "Devotion" after "receiving many messages from gamers" (aka, the Chinese government)
43 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

I gotta believe its a case of china threatening to shut them down in that country if they host it. If not, its even more disgusting, but if so, I get it, they probably cannot afford to lose Chinese business.

I would almost guarantee it’s the reason. Share holders don’t give 2 fucks about Devotion compared the money the can make of China.

Just now, SimpleG said:

I see in the tweet replies about an uncensored port, is there something going on with the game ?

This is what started it all:

_105791666_gamepic.png
WWW.BBC.COM

A Taiwanese game that hid references to Chinese President Xi Jinping has been pulled from the mainland.

On 12/16/2020 at 8:10 PM, vaxick said:

It feels like the individuals running CDPR graduated from Trump Academy at this point.  How do you make this many collosal fuck ups in the span of two weeks.  It's like they looked at the No Man's Sky fiasco and said hold my beer.  

To be fair, Trump Academy would've told China to fuck off.

On 12/17/2020 at 6:24 AM, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

If you have use Twitter, I encourage you to use it to show support for Red Candle considering itch.io as an option.

Done! Hopefully they listen because it would be a big get for itch and they deserve it.

Edit: I don't use GoG and I would suggest others to avoid it now.

52 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

GoG Galaxy is a very convenient way to see your library in one place. Regardless of all this garbage, I don’t see why anyone would avoid using it. 

There are several other options like Playnite and Razer Cortex if you want to avoid using GoG completely. 

• 2 months later...