The Cyberpunk Gameplay Discussion Thread

skillzdadirecta

1 hour ago, JPDunks4 said:

Has anyone found a "Stash" randomly hidden around the map?  Doing some exploring I randomly found one, and ended up walking away with this for Free.  Had some other goodies in it as well.  Now I really want to explore more as I'm sure there are more hidden around the map with other special rewards.  This car sells for $157k in game.

20201216_163658.jpg

Omg I want that car!!! I’m still in the shitbox 

7 hours ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

I'm about 35 hours in now and just having a great time! There are so many missions, and so much to do! As soon as you can , get leg implants because double jump changes your ability to circumnavigate the city and your approach to some combat situations. Also, Guerilla Arms are a great way to save on ammo when opponents aren't high level threats! For me the motorcycle is the superior method of vehicular travel as it can easily weave between vehicles and hang turns much better than cars.  

Why double over high?  I assume easier to navigate in all situations 

I finally bought the Double Jump, and it is definitely a game changer, wish I bought it sooner.  I switched to close range weapons, with a shotty and melee, to level up those skills.  It's such a blast running around quickly, double jumping from cover to cover, on roofs, and into guys faces while also using your hacks to do some crowd control so you don't get melted in the process.  The gameplay is really such a fun time for a game like this.  

I've been diving more into the side characters individual story lines, and they are all really well done as well. 

I've definitely been hooked on this game, and don't really want it to end anytime soon.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JPDunks4 said:

I finally bought the Double Jump, and it is definitely a game changer, wish I bought it sooner.  I switched to close range weapons, with a shotty and melee, to level up those skills.  It's such a blast running around quickly, double jumping from cover to cover, on roofs, and into guys faces while also using your hacks to do some crowd control so you don't get melted in the process.  The gameplay is really such a fun time for a game like this.  

I've been diving more into the side characters individual story lines, and they are all really well done as well. 

I've definitely been hooked on this game, and don't really want it to end anytime soon.

Yup, this is what I'm talking about right here! I do mantis blades with a highly-leveled blades tree and double jump. So damn good.

My patterns tends to be to use silenced pistol, sniper rifle, and take downs (with appropriate hacks intermixed) when I'm being stealthy, and once all hell breaks loose, mantis blades time.

22 hours ago, JPDunks4 said:

Has anyone found a "Stash" randomly hidden around the map?  Doing some exploring I randomly found one, and ended up walking away with this for Free.  Had some other goodies in it as well.  Now I really want to explore more as I'm sure there are more hidden around the map with other special rewards.  This car sells for $157k in game.

20201216_163658.jpg

Much better looking than the other car you bought :P

15 hours ago, JPDunks4 said:

Is there a way to respec cause that actually sounds fun

9 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

My son is playing on PS5, and he says that aside from the crashes every 90 minutes or so, he’s really enjoying the game. Otherwise, he feels it runs pretty well.

Yea, it runs pretty much at 60fps on the xsx and ps5. Just keep patchin away and bring on the next gen version. Then shit gets real for me. 

• Like 1

On 12/16/2020 at 5:17 PM, Moa said:

I've said before that the best thing in the Witcher 3 was the way the trees swayed in the wind

This is seemingly such a small thing but weirdly enough, I'm actually with you on that...and the skyboxes, good god are the skyboxes gorgeous. The atmosphere created by the wind and skyboxes is a huge percentage of what makes the world exciting to roam around in for me.

• Like 1

I'm officially in the late game and, as someone with a soft spot in my heart for Californication, I'm enjoying where things are going with Silverhands. 

On a somewhat related note, I feel like the interactions between V, Silverhands, and Silverhands former friends make a lot more sense with a female V. 

I've still be absolutely hooked playing.  I am level 38 I believe, haven't touched main story in awhile, just knocking out Gigs and Side Jobs.

I maxed out my Intelligence Attribute, now working on Technical Attribute for crafting.

Will probably evenly distribute remaining between Body and Reflexes.

While exploring, I've found quite a few more random bodies or areas with Legendary Crafting Schemes or Items.  The city is so dense, I imagine it's nearly impossible to truly explore most of it.

I also rolled up into some new areas I've never seen at all last night in sections of the city I haven't been to yet.

Really still loving it.

On base PS4, v1.05 has improved my experience enough that I can turn the graphic effects back on, except for film grain, that effect looks terrible anywhere.

I'm still low a level 7 taking my time exploring, stumbling into and completing missions. The game is still janky but it's Fallout games jank. I love this game. It's addictive as fuck.

9 hours ago, JPDunks4 said:

I've still be absolutely hooked playing.  I am level 38 I believe, haven't touched main story in awhile, just knocking out Gigs and Side Jobs.

I maxed out my Intelligence Attribute, now working on Technical Attribute for crafting.

Will probably evenly distribute remaining between Body and Reflexes.

While exploring, I've found quite a few more random bodies or areas with Legendary Crafting Schemes or Items.  The city is so dense, I imagine it's nearly impossible to truly explore most of it.

I also rolled up into some new areas I've never seen at all last night in sections of the city I haven't been to yet.

Really still loving it.

I'm about 30 hours in and I feel the same!

Just cleared the main game at level 48! I was a Nomad as my starting story. Very fun ride! The game ran great, aside from the occasional glitch that required me to quite out and load back in. I can't wait for some DLC to coax me into play through #2! I was a gun heavy, Strength/Intelligence build, and managed to just top off the crafting prior to the credits. Next run, I'm going ninja. Here is the secret to winning every combat situation:

1.) Quick hack: Body Cripple + Spread perks unlocked

2.) Add lots of Speed and Crit mods to your gear

3.) Run around like a madman with your Katana, chopping up all the frozen enemies

Do this, and you will feel like a death tornado! :sun:  It's a shame I only experimented with the Katana in the last 20 hours of play. But, again, that's just a good reason to play through again!

1 hour ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Just cleared the main game at level 48! I was a Nomad as my starting story. Very fun ride! The game ran great, aside from the occasional glitch that required me to quite out and load back in. I can't wait for some DLC to coax me into play through #2! I was a gun heavy, Strength/Intelligence build, and managed to just top off the crafting prior to the credits. Next run, I'm going ninja. Here is the secret to winning every combat situation:

1.) Quick hack: Body Cripple + Spread perks unlocked

2.) Add lots of Speed and Crit mods to your gear

3.) Run around like a madman with your Katana, chopping up all the frozen enemies

Do this, and you will feel like a death tornado! :sun:  It's a shame I only experimented with the Katana in the last 20 hours of play. But, again, that's just a good reason to play through again!

Once I realized how OP Body Cripple is, it feel its broken. 

I said it earlier, but the Quick Hacks are insanely effective and almost too easy to use.  I hope later game there are enemies with more resistances or defenses to them, as I am still pretty early in with regards to Main Story I think.

I love the car design in this game, and really hope they can put together a good GTA Online type Multiplayer experience with tons of customization.

20201220_201416.jpg