The Cyberpunk Gameplay Discussion Thread

skillzdadirecta

2 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

The very first one I came across had cops coming after me as soon as I defended myself from the criminals... weird. Also the waypoint system is trash :p

If you do any damage at all on a civilian, then it can trigger the Cops.  It's hard to always tell what triggers them and what doesnt, but if there are a lot of civilians around, I have triggered the cops trying to take down baddies, even if I'm pretty sure I didn't hit any civilians.

19 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

If you do any damage at all on a civilian, then it can trigger the Cops.  It's hard to always tell what triggers them and what doesnt, but if there are a lot of civilians around, I have triggered the cops trying to take down baddies, even if I'm pretty sure I didn't hit any civilians.

That must be what happened.

Man I wish HDR worked better for me in the game. Enabled on my PC and in game but it just washes away anything that is dark and gives everything a soft/light looking with no saturation of colour anywhere. Anyways played a bit more last night and just did my “Batman origins detective mode” training. I liked it and can’t wait to actually use it in a useful moment for the game itself.

1 hour ago, silentbob said:

Man I wish HDR worked better for me in the game. Enabled on my PC and in game but it just washes away anything that is dark and gives everything a soft/light looking with no saturation of colour anywhere. Anyways played a bit more last night and just did my “Batman origins detective mode” training. I liked it and can’t wait to actually use it in a useful moment for the game itself.

If you don't know, you when you're in the options screen, there is a key press that it will show on the side that lets you configure a number of HDR options so you can tune it to your TV/monitor. Not sure if it will help, but can't hurt to try! I certainly tweaked mine a bit.

Here's one set of recommendations:

https%3A%2F%2Fspecials-images.forbesimg.
WWW.FORBES.COM

Cyberpunk 2077 is looking rough on many verisons of PlayStation and Xbox, but there are some graphics settings and HDR tweaks that can improve that.

22 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Quietly take a dude out on one floor and it alerts everyone in the building?

I have multiple issue while crouched where a stationary object momentary stands you up and pushes you forward making the game act as if you are running around and alerting NPC.  I have had an NPC directly below me on another floor act as if the guy I just took down was standing right by him. Open world games of this size and Stealth gameplay are gonna struggle to coexist.

1 minute ago, SimpleG said:

I have multiple issue while crouched where a stationary object momentary stands you up and pushes you forward making the game act as if you are running around and alerting NPC.  I have had an NPC directly below me on another floor act as if the guy I just took down was standing right by him. Open world games of this size and Stealth gameplay are gonna struggle to coexist.

Watchdogs and Deus Ex both have really good stealth. Don't see why this game can't. Maybe its related to your RPG stats.

7 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Watchdogs and Deus Ex both have really good stealth.

They do but they are more curated, especially DE. This game feels like each mission ismore suited for guns blazing and stealth is a secondary option. I have had side missions where it was impossible to stealth it due to the layout. I spent a good 45 mins trialing and errorone before I just took them down with a shot gun

6 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I tweaked the graphics and they look MUCH better. Still trying to figure out how stealth works. Quietly take a dude out on one floor and it alerts everyone in the building?

I think if they are hooked to a network, you need to attack the network and take it down first

13 hours in and I recommend the following, focus on two stats, which ever two those might be based on your style of play. I'm going with Combat and Hacking, no cool here! Do all the gigs and side quests you can, the main story can and will wait. Explore the city! Saving is quick and easy to experiment with reactions and play styles. Go third person with your driving, it really helps with situational awareness. OK, I'm headed back in! :vortex:

3 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

13 hours in and I recommend the following, focus on two stats, which ever two those might be based on your style of play. I'm going with Combat and Hacking, no cool here! Do all the gigs and side quests you can, the main story can and will wait. Explore the city! Saving is quick and easy to experiment with reactions and play styles. Go third person with your driving, it really helps with situational awareness. OK, I'm headed back in! :vortex:

Does cool affect dialogue options? I'm pretty sure I got some good dialogue options from having a decently high cool stat.

9 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

You're playing as this guy

NxnIgYNe_400x400.jpg

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

Ive done so much around the opening area that my map isn’t just a blob of symbols anymore lol

haven’t done a ton of main story

Reveal hidden contents

Level 15, 25 street cred.

almost got enough for double jump legs too!

Thanks for reminding me about the double jump mod. I've had that one on the backburner because making cash ain't easy. I think I might have enough now.

Oh and I have to say, while I do enjoy the gunplay a lot, Mantis Blades with lots of blades perks are so fucking cool. I love dashing at enemies (with your +30% armor while doing so) and animating them in the face and then quickly dashing behind cover.

I really really hope someone (or even CDPR) release a finger blades mod so I can do a run as Molly from Neuromancer.

molly_millions_wip_by_firstedition-d4lo1

13 minutes ago, legend said:

Thanks for reminding me about the double jump mod. I've had that one on the backburner because making cash ain't easy. I think I might have enough now.

Low on cash? Access points have a lot of potential for cash

WWW.IGN.COM

In Cyberpunk 2077 you'll want to hunt down Access Points anytime you're up against enemies. These points are essentially virtual treasure troves of

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

Bugs aside, I think this might be my goty. Having such a great time. 
Consoles must be a mess for this game to be getting hate..

oh, and Judy... My V wants her!

the problems with this game go way beyond graphics and bugs.

The AI is downright embarrassingly awful for a AAA game 8 years in development. It’s breaking any immersion at all I feel with the game. and it just adds to the lifelessness of the city. 

I might just stick to the main mission at this point bc of it.  

Post your V... here's mine currently.

ea288338-d7b8-4448-acae-5553073fe2f2_Thu
GAMERDVR.COM

View your Xbox One screenshots as well as any screenshots captured by the community! Share your best moments, search, sort, filter, timestamp, download, and more!

Funny thing is, he looks pretty close to me in real life :p definitely what I could wear. Well maybe not the spiked jacket and goofy kicks :lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Does cool affect dialogue options? I'm pretty sure I got some good dialogue options from having a decently high cool stat.

Yes, it's definitely an influence on dialog options, but for me, this play through, I'm going with a "Jack Burton" approach! :daydream:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, atom631 said:

the problems with this game go way beyond graphics and bugs.

The AI is downright embarrassingly awful for a AAA game 8 years in development. It’s breaking any immersion at all I feel with the game. and it just adds to the lifelessness of the city. 

I might just stick to the main mission at this point bc of it.  

I just don’t agree 

1 hour ago, atom631 said:

At this point I dont think there is any AI for NPC drivers, they are on pre guided rails. Block a road and they wont even attempt to run around it they just stop, its also why running from cops is a nothing affair because they dont drive. Start shooting in public, cops dont drive up they just appear.  I would think if its bug it would be remedied pretty quickly.

Spent some more time playing the game this morning and while I AM enjoying a lot of it, there's definitely a lot of jank in this game that has nothing to do with bugs or anything. Just a lot of goofy game play choices. Like in some instances, the A button activates a panel or something. In others its the X button :|

The inability to drive and shoot, when there are missions where driving and shooting would make absolute sense (maybe this is an ability you get later?) The inability to shoot or defend yourself while carrying something... I could go on.

Again, I like the game and I'm enjoying it, but so far it seems like a step back from the Witcher 3 gameplay and polish wise :shrug:

1 hour ago, BloodyHell said:

Did they patch out the dildos? I haven’t seen one since the last patch. I guess the criticism got to em kol

I just found an iconic dildo weapon today, so I think not :p 

8 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Spent some more time playing the game this morning and while I AM enjoying a lot of it, there's definitely a lot of jank in this game that has nothing to do with bugs or anything. Just a lot of goofy game play choices. Like in some instances, the A button activates a panel or something. In others its the X button :|

The inability to drive and shoot, when there are missions where driving and shooting would make absolute sense (maybe this is an ability you get later?) The inability to shoot or defend yourself while carrying something... I could go on.

Again, I like the game and I'm enjoying it, but so far it seems like a step back from the Witcher 3 gameplay wise :shrug:

I don't think driving and shooting is an option, but shooting while you carry someone, or slide, etc. are athletics perks you can get.

For the change in buttons, on PC I've found it depends on whether a terminal as two possible functions and it keeps those bindings even if a second function is available. I think the drop off, for example, has F (the most typical interact button) as drop off and R as sell, but if there is notthing to drop off, it's just R. I'd have to double check on that persistence though.

44 minutes ago, legend said:

I just found an iconic dildo weapon today, so I think not :p 

I don't think driving and shooting is an option, but shooting while you carry someone, or slide, etc. are athletics perks you can get.

For the change in buttons, on PC I've found it depends on whether a terminal as two possible functions and it keeps those bindings even if a second function is available. I think the drop off, for example, has F (the most typical interact button) as drop off and R as sell, but if there is notthing to drop off, it's just R. I'd have to double check on that persistence though.

The weapon yes, but there were little trash dildo’s everywhere you could sell for junk. They seem to me gone. 

just spent about 40 minutes reading shards, caught up on some lore. Damn theres a lot