The Cyberpunk Gameplay Discussion Thread

skillzdadirecta

Yeah, the guns feel pretty good, especially in that sequence mentioned earlier. I'd held off on spending most of my points, but I now feel pretty strongly about specializing in pistols and shotguns. I have about 8 hours into the game, and I'll admit that the first two days I was not really feeling the game, but it's starting to click for me today. I think a lot of that is finding "acceptable" settings to play on.

I’m specializing in pistols as well. In the

other thread I mentioned I found a 150dps revolver very early on. It’s a beast and even now at almost level 10, other guns are only in the 110-120dps range. I suspect this gun will stay with me for a while. 

has anyone found a place to buy gear? I’m ready to spend every last Eddie to take these fucking tighty whiteys off. 

I've had one crash in 11 hours of play and no other meaningful bugs besides this touching moment right here :lol: (Plot spoiler, do not watch if you haven't finiished Act one)

Spoiler

This part of the cringy voice acting I was talking about.

43 minutes ago, atom631 said:

has anyone found a place to buy gear? I’m ready to spend every last Eddie to take these fucking tighty whiteys off. 

I haven't. I've only found gear when I've looted bodies. Looking for a store to buy some fresh looking gear.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

3 hours in and I've only had one bug where an NPC hit a car with his motorcycle and rather than there being a crash, the car just disappeared, leaving the driver hovering in the air for a few seconds before disappearing like his car! :lol: Nothing impacting the story though!   

I can live with bugs like that lol

3 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Hmmm guns feel surprisingly weighty to me. Especially the shotgun and this heavy pistol I just got. What guns have you tried so far? I just (Story spoilers for the end of act one, don't read if you haven't gotten that far)

Reveal hidden contents

I think the combat WILL become more substantial the more you rank up and the better the gear you get. But yeah, I like the FEEL of most of the guns so far. 

Its improved overtime but I cant say its great, for me it sits at OK. I find it less then other FPS games but I will admit I was a bit harsh on it. I also I was harsh on the RPG side , its opening up.

I really wish they had done something with the dialog though, I had a good one where I got several additional options due to me being a corpo but when I replayed it without using the extra options I ended with same info. I feel like the dialog options are to offset the fact you are sitting thru a cut scene. 

2 hours ago, atom631 said:

I’m specializing in pistols as well. In the

other thread I mentioned I found a 150dps revolver very early on. It’s a beast and even now at almost level 10, other guns are only in the 110-120dps range. I suspect this gun will stay with me for a while. 

Ive gotten so much gear I have to destroy most of it. 

im not sure I understand breaching

I spent a chunk of the night doing some Melee Boxing to learn how to best approach those types of fights, as I am pretty low on Body and hand to hand stats, but want to tackle the side quests relating to it.  Made some pretty good progress understand the systems for that.

Then I spent a chunk of time on the Breaching.  The main thing I am a little confused on, it's not possible to get all 3 "Rewards" each time right?  Sometimes you just need to go for what you can get?  Or is it possible to get all the rewards on every puzzle?

6 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

I spent a chunk of the night doing some Melee Boxing to learn how to best approach those types of fights, as I am pretty low on Body and hand to hand stats, but want to tackle the side quests relating to it.  Made some pretty good progress understand the systems for that.

Then I spent a chunk of time on the Breaching.  The main thing I am a little confused on, it's not possible to get all 3 "Rewards" each time right?  Sometimes you just need to go for what you can get?  Or is it possible to get all the rewards on every puzzle?

I think so, I usually go for weakening enemies and shutting down cams

i've been spending most of my time just exploring what i can of the city. I'm loving how deep the game is with it's RPG elements. I know it's only going to get better with several upcoming patches. I'm happy with the vehicle gameplay, as that was one big area i was concerned about, but it's good imo. This is truly the 1st next gen AAA game i'm glad for that. It's just a fucking shame i have to wait a few months to really enjoy it as it's meant since all good GPUs are way overpriced right now.  I wasnt lucky enough to snag a 3 series card, and i just have to wait at this point. Other than that, the game it beautiful as fuck even at medium/high with low fps. I feel like this game will really stand the test of time over the next several years.

2 hours ago, SimpleG said:

I really wish they had done something with the dialog though, I had a good one where I got several additional options due to me being a corpo but when I replayed it without using the extra options I ended with same info. I feel like the dialog options are to offset the fact you are sitting thru a cut scene. 

I had an issue with a certain npc's speech text not disappearing. I could travel all over the world and after a full mission i could still see what he said as a text from anywhere in the world, lol i guess. Restarting from an earlier save, and then loading a current save, got rid of the text from hell.

Only about 6 hours in and haven't gotten to the splash screen yet, but having a blast just walking around exploring. Found a sniper rifle on the roof of a building with a bunch of other stuff, i'm level 4 but the gun is like level 23, LOL.

Playing on XseX, no crashes or big issues. Had some slowdown in a cutscene where the visual paused but the dialogue kept going, then the graphics just "reset" with the voices...did it about 3 times during the one cutscene.

Other issue was my checkpoint wouldn't progress....I finished the task but it wouldn't bring up the next part of the mission. Reload fixed that.

Rest have just been odd/funny graphical stuff.

Having a blast with the game though. Gunplay is fun, story is compelling...but fuck the police man, I swear they don't like the way I smell and when I get within 5 feet they want to kill me!

Funny glitch I had:

spacer.png

• Guillotine 1

9 minutes ago, ARZ said:

.but fuck the police man, I swear they don't like the way I smell and when I get within 5 feet they want to kill me!

I had a pop up mission and it appeared some gang members captured some cops. So stealth take down all but 1 bad guy, as I creep up on him and take him down , the second that happened the cops draw on me. I think some pop up missions have a boundary and if you are outside the lines the cops come gunning for you.

I'm almost 7 hours in and I'm really enjoying this ride. There is nothing here we haven't seen before, but they get so much right about the interplay between what you control and the story telling, that it feels great! I already feel like I got my money's worth. I'm now going to focus on going off the main story path, and just take my time soaking in the city and all the sub mechanics, mini games, and atmosphere for a while. :daydream:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

I would wait for PS5, but in fairness, I am a graphics whore! :sun:

From the sounds of things, that sounds like the right decision even if you're not a graphics whore, because it seems like the game runs like dog shit on previous gen consoles :p 

The more you play and learn all the mechanics of the game, more it opens up, and really shows what is has to offer.

Initially I was like, I doubt I use the hacking stuff, as it all seemed confusing and overbearing initially, especially during some of the intense missions.  Now that I am in the open world, kind of taking my time, doing a lot of the little "Stop the Hold Ups" missions, I'm taking time to learn everything about how things work.  Then you dive into the Character Screen, and man its so hard to choose what to do at times. 

The hacking is basically a 1st Person Watch Dogs game.  There is a lot you can do as you get better gear which opens up more Hacks.  The gun play I feel is pretty good too, way better than most any other true RPG we've ever had.  Fallout doesn't come close to this.

This patch last night did seem to help performance a bit. I'm playing 1440p, and getting roughly 60fps, a little less in most cases, but doesn't really bother me.  The transition to M/KB over controller has made the combat feel more fluid and fun as well.

Gonna be hard to spend time on other games now, I am fully into this.

5 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

What's the point in stopping crimes if it leads to the cops coming after YOU too? Doesn't seem worth the trouble.

I have stopped like half a dozen and haven't had cops come after me thus far.  Only time a cop came after me was when I walked too closely to one and he started chasing me.

2 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

I have stopped like half a dozen and haven't had cops come after me thus far.  Only time a cop came after me was when I walked too closely to one and he started chasing me.

The very first one I came across had cops coming after me as soon as I defended myself from the criminals... weird. Also the waypoint system is trash :p