The Cyberpunk Gameplay Discussion Thread

skillzdadirecta

1 minute ago, BloodyHell said:

The weapon yes, but there were little trash dildo’s everywhere you could sell for junk. They seem to me gone. 

just spent about 40 minutes reading shards, caught up on some lore. Damn theres a lot

And the lore on Busan, Korea is damn interesting. Interesting enough for an expansion, due to the mystery involved.

There were dildos in the game at launch and I sold them as junk. I haven't seen any since though.

47 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

The weapon yes, but there were little trash dildo’s everywhere you could sell for junk. They seem to me gone. 

just spent about 40 minutes reading shards, caught up on some lore. Damn theres a lot

I bought the hardcover world of Cyberpunk Book that Dark Horse put out and have been buying the Cyberpunk Trauma Team comic. There is a HELL of a lot of Lore here. CDPR got three Witcher games out of that series, they could do the same with this one. 

3 hours ago, SimpleG said:

At this point I dont think there is any AI for NPC drivers, they are on pre guided rails. Block a road and they wont even attempt to run around it they just stop, its also why running from cops is a nothing affair because they dont drive. Start shooting in public, cops dont drive up they just appear.  I would think if its bug it would be remedied pretty quickly.

there really isn’t any AI at all for NPCs. It’s awful. As I mentioned earlier - tackle an assault in progress and the NPC will just stay crouched even after it’s clear. The NPCs in the area who heard/witnessed it will stay crouched. Police just spawn behind you randomly if you do something illegal.  The NPCs are all just on walking loops. It’s terrible. I know RDR2 gets shit for the gameplay, and maybe deservedly so...but the NPC and lawmen really felt alive. You could follow an NPC from town all the way back to their farm and watch them just go about their day. If anything, it really solidifies Rockstar as god tier developers of open world games. 

13 minutes ago, atom631 said:

there really isn’t any AI at all for NPCs. It’s awful. As I mentioned earlier - tackle an assault in progress and the NPC will just stay crouched even after it’s clear. The NPCs in the area who heard/witnessed it will stay crouched. Police just spawn behind you randomly if you do something illegal.  The NPCs are all just on walking loops. It’s terrible. I know RDR2 gets shit for the gameplay, and maybe deservedly so...but the NPC and lawmen really felt alive. You could follow an NPC from town all the way back to their farm and watch them just go about their day. If anything, it really solidifies Rockstar as god tier developers of open world games. 

The cowering citizens is a bug they said they are working on. I haven’t had much confrontation with police, so didn’t pay attention.

but the combat and story are so damn good, I love it. 

Just now, BloodyHell said:

The cowering citizens is a bug they said they are working on. I haven’t had much confrontation with police, so didn’t pay attention.

but the combat and story are so damn good, I love it. 

Story so far is damn good. 100%. I haven’t had much time to play last 2 days but I’m itching to move it forward. 

combat is decent. I’m back to the issue with the enemy AI not being very smart, making hard difficulty not very hard. But I’m still early. Maybe that will change. 

I'm not a fan of how the COP aspect is handled in this game. Accidentally shoot a civilian during a gunfight with gang bangers and the cops show up and target YOU, completely ignoring the gun toting gangbangers that are shooting up the place.

How are you guys tackling progress? Are you mainlining the story and ignoring side stuff?

So I have about 18 hours in this game now, and it is pretty fucking great. I had tempered my expectations after the initial reports of bugs, and I did have about 10 hard crashes on day one, but since the most recent patch and driver update I haven't had any significant bugs.

Also, just want to say that I really loved Johnny's introduction. Cool setup, cool mission, badass fucking hand cannon that felt great to use and dealt insane headshot damage, and just a cool concept once he's in the game after that. From the way I heard Jeff Gerstmann talking about the story I was expecting some basic bitch narrative hook but it's already really cool and interesting. We playing different games or something?

I just want to say that double jump + mantis blades + blade perks is really really good and fun. I'm flying all over the place carving people up.

2 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

BTW none of you losers gonna post your V? Also apparently putting pineapples on Pizza is a crime in Night City

as it should be in real life :p

I would post but apparently steam screenshots don't work when you're in HDR :/ 

I'm level 24 with 39 street cred and I'm in a posh suit though :p 

2 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I'm not a fan of how the COP aspect is handled in this game. Accidentally shoot a civilian during a gunfight with gang bangers and the cops show up and target YOU, completely ignoring the gun toting gangbangers that are shooting up the place.

How are you guys tackling progress? Are you mainlining the story and ignoring side stuff?

Doing a lot of side stuff 

As I rode with River, the detective, I watched him drive right over a man walking in the middle of an offramp. I listened to the pedestrian yell and the thump of the car while stone-cold River kept on with what he was saying without skipping a single beat. :p 

Beyond that, I highly recommend motocycles for this game, and a good one if you can get it. Lots of fun to drive.

2 hours ago, legend said:

I just want to say that double jump + mantis blades + blade perks is really really good and fun. I'm flying all over the place carving people up.

I would post but apparently steam screenshots don't work when you're in HDR :/ 

I'm level 24 with 39 street cred and I'm in a posh suit though :p 

Curious, what difficulty are you playing on? I was tempted to try a Melee build, but on the hardest difficulty getting up close gets you melted pretty quick.  I haven't explored all the skill options though of the different melee builds though.

2 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

Curious, what difficulty are you playing on? I was tempted to try a Melee build, but on the hardest difficulty getting up close gets you melted pretty quick.  I haven't explored all the skill options though of the different melee builds though.

Strict melee builds have damage negating abilities I imagine (but don’t know). 

59 minutes ago, BlueAngel said:

Had the most random thing happen today, I was walking around trying to find a car to steel and I hear a scream and splat. Watched him bleed out lol.

fall.jpg

I had this exact thing happen.  I was curious if it was part of a side mission where I could go up to the building to investigate, but couldn't find anything.

I had a quest where I had to find the people making bd’s of kids being killed. It was a father/son duo. I shot the son as punishment after we finished talking. Figured the other guy would cower like all enemies in this game. But instead he had a complete breakdown!!! Screaming about his kid and shit. Walked off and left him there.

called my bike once, as it was coming down the road, all four of my cars fell out of the sky onto a crowd of civilians. 

• Haha 3

My most persistent and interesting experience is that while riding my motorcycle around the city, occasionally and naked headless man will stand on my head in a T-pose. I've come to think of him like sailors of old did of the mermaid on the prow of their ship, naked and proud! :sun:

• Haha 2

The exploration remains EXTREMELY rewarding, at least for how I personally like to play open world games. Right now I'm just literally randomly roaming the world, doing any jobs I come across if they happen to pop up. Finished one, and noticed this building across the street. Then noticed the graffiti.

UbnBSTK.png

So I do what I always do: climbed all over them shipping containers. Found this:

O9sZpE5.png

And on this guy was a conversation explaining why he spelled it the way he did:

kFlXbvK.png

Bonus points: Looks like there might be a line break bug in the chat log. Classic!

Joking aside, I find this shit SO much more fun than following the mainline story in any open-world game. Every area I've been in is so packed with unique stuff and continues to impress with how different it looks from every other area! 

18 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

The exploration remains EXTREMELY rewarding, at least for how I personally like to play open world games. Right now I'm just literally randomly roaming the world, doing any jobs I come across if they happen to pop up. Finished one, and noticed this building across the street. Then noticed the graffiti.

UbnBSTK.png

So I do what I always do: climbed all over them shipping containers. Found this:

O9sZpE5.png

kFlXbvK.png

Bonus points: Looks like there might be a line break bug in the chat log. Classic!

Joking aside, I find this shit SO much more fun than following the mainline story in any open-world game. Every area I've been in is so packed with unique stuff and continues to impress with how different it looks from every other area! 

You'd really enjoy Watchdogs Legion too with all of the shit folks are finding in that game. Little Easter eggs and stuff... the reddit is FULL of stuf players are finding in that game.

1 hour ago, JPDunks4 said:

Just normal, but it was like that for me at first too until you start filling out the blade perks tree. You get extra armor when dashing and abilities that healing for damaging the enemies which makes it far more viable.

26 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

UbnBSTK.png

O9sZpE5.png

kFlXbvK.png

I just got done doing the Tarot card quest, which normally would be kind of boring, but I did the whole thing just riding my awesome bike around while listening to jazz music and finding cool places along the way. Tons of fun.

I really can't emphasize enough how much fun the bikes are in this game when you get a good one. Going 190mph through a beautiful city weaving through traffic in first person is so satisfying. This might be the best motorcycle game I've played! :p