The Cyberpunk Gameplay Discussion Thread

skillzdadirecta

On 1/15/2022 at 12:48 PM, best3444 said:

Is his game worth playing on the newer consoles now? Is there a next gen release truly coming?

While a lot of things have been addressed since launch, I still wouldn’t suggest playing the last gen console version of it if you have a current gen console since current gen console versions of it are coming.

6 hours ago, legend said:

The game for all intents and purposes is a PC exclusive. Just pretend the console versions don't exist yet.

I enjoyed it on PS4, warts and all. Sure it looks more like a Switch game than a PS4 one and it had a lot of bugs and glitches at launch, but I still enjoyed my time with it since the story, characters, world and gameplay are all really good. The initial bugs and glitches were my biggest problem with it, but a lot of those have been addressed at this point. However, if you have a current gen console or plan on getting one in the foreseeable future then I would suggest waiting to play it when those versions of it come out. But if you only have a last gen console and don’t plan on getting a current gen one anytime soon (like me), then it’s still good enough to play on them IMO.

58 minutes ago, Phaseknox said:

While a lot of things have been addressed since launch, I still wouldn’t suggest playing the last gen console version of it if you have a current gen console since current gen console versions of it are coming.

I was just curious if ANYTHING was addressed for the new consoles. I already bought it before I owned an Xbox Series X so I got fucked anyway. I'm hoping they make up for their complete console mess with a great updated version for ps5 and XSX.

I've been playing on GeForce now at the RTX tier (the $10/month one, not the $99/6 months 3080 tier) and it's been handling the game maxed out at 1080p pretty smoothly. Seeing as I'm still on a 970 paying nVidia $10 a month seems better than trying to play the hardware lottery right now.

The two main things: 1) it was extremely stuttery using the official app, but it's been very smooth after I switched to playing through Chrome instead 2) no mods, or at least no mods if you bought it on Steam, because mods have to be installable through your launcher (e.g. Steam Workshop)--does the GoG version have mods through the GoG launcher? Although I'm only a few hours in, not sure how much I care other than I'm sure I'd eventually like an infinite inventory mod.

On 1/15/2022 at 3:48 PM, best3444 said:

Is his game worth playing on the newer consoles now? Is there a next gen release truly coming?

I mean, they've been talking about it for a year now, so there is obviously a next gen version coming..

Wait for that. This game is still incredible (on PC), it was just far from finished because the management at CDPR are complete idiots.

1 hour ago, BloodyHell said:

I mean, they've been talking about it for a year now, so there is obviously a next gen version version coming..

They said a lot of shit in a years time that was all bullshit. I'll continue to wait but I'm not holding my breath for a great update.

• True 1