What deals did you snag during the Black Friday-Cyber Monday weekend?

Spork3245

I was pretty active.  I picked up an extra Chromecast for like $15 so I can have one on all of my TVs.  Got We Happy Few and Ni no Kuni II on the Steam sale.  Romancing SaGa III on the e-Shop sale.  Replaced my old, starting to fail on me Keurig machine on the cheap.  Got a new Bose soundbar for my main TV.  Bought a new dishwasher (Kitchenaid) which is being installed later today.

Physically, Nada really other than a 3DS game that was on normal sale and not BF to add to the collection.

Digitally, I picked up Yakuza Kiwami, Yakuza Kiwami 2, Yakuza 6 & Judgement on PSN so I can play them on my PS5 (I already have Remaster Collection & 0 digitally). 

1 hour ago, Spork3245 said:

I’d personally rather have multiple smaller HDDs. Having that much data on a single HDD that could fail would scare the hell out of me. :p 

As I posted in the thread about it, some people were buying those and harvesting the drives for NASes, but I didn't want to spend the money to get multiple drives and a NAS box.

Plus there's two things that are going on that drive: backup copies of things which will also live on one of my internal drives (and, one thing I was interested in going for by getting the Pi to put it on my network, everything is on a different outlet and I think different breaker on the circuit breaker than my desktop is), and things which would be annoying but not an actual problem to lose (like "acquired" TV show episodes and movies). Of course I'm not putting my only copy of anything important on there. :p

I bought two unexciting things that I've been waiting on basically any discount for a long time.

First was a Nest Hub Max. I really like the little Nest Hub as a photo frame / kitchen timer, but I wanted the bigger one. It's been in a million sales bundles with other stuff, but I only wanted a the Hub.

I also got a XQD card for my camera. I was hoping that the introduction of CF Express or just being on the market for a while would take the prices slightly closer to SD cards, but no such luck. At this point I figure they're going to be expensive for a long time, so a $30 discount was sufficient to make me bite the bullet.

Got Shadow of the Tomb Raider, a Power Rangers Titanicus, and did some whaling in World of Warships.

The whaling in WOWS got me the USS Alaska and USS Massachusetts. Just need to buy the Dragonzord and Megazord in the same line as the Titanicus. The dragonzord is still more or less available but the Megazord is OOP so ebay it is.  

Edit: pretty excited about the titanicus its normally 280 and was on black friday for 150. Hobby items tend to not get discounted so I was suprised. It's a diecast metal power rangers figure that can combine with the dragonzord and megazord in the same line.

Came close to getting Avengers for either a PlayStation or XBox. Just don’t know which system I want it one yet. I have a PS5 but plan to get a Series X via trade in at EB Games hopefully. So I bought Westworld, Sonic and Doctor Sleep 4K movies and a new LED Quantum Board light for my new grow tent going up soon. 

24 minutes ago, silentbob said:

Came close to getting Avengers for either a PlayStation or XBox. Just don’t know which system I want it one yet. I have a PS5 but plan to get a Series X via trade in at EB Games hopefully. So I bought Westworld, Sonic and Doctor Sleep 4K movies and a new LED Quantum Board light for my new grow tent going up soon. 

Spider-Man is exclusive to PS4/PS5

1 year of Xbox Game Pass ultimate

Xbox Series shock blue controller

Switch+Mario Kart+3 months online bundle

Link's Awakening

Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

Playstation 5 disc console

Occulus Quest 2 64GB

Vader Immortal Trilogy

Tilt Brush

Superhot VR

4k Star Wars episodes I, II, III, IV, V, VI, Force Awakens, Rogue One Blu-rays

4k The Lord of the Rings Trilogy Blu-ray

Various used blu-rays and games from a local shop

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, silentbob said:

Yeah but I have never bought PS+ but I have XboxLive. Debating on buying PS+ which is why I have such a hard time deciding. Although Spider-Man would be cool to have 

Get PS+ through a CD Keys deal. I haven't had the service in ages but jumped at the previous deal for under $30 Cad for a year. With that you'll get access to a shit ton of great PS4 games to play on the PS5.

I also wouldn't do trade in on a ps5 if you really are to get rid of it. You could probably sell your system for what you paid which is more than what EB would have given.

53 minutes ago, chakoo said:

Get PS+ through a CD Keys deal. I haven't had the service in ages but jumped at the previous deal for under $30 Cad for a year. With that you'll get access to a shit ton of great PS4 games to play on the PS5.

I also wouldn't do trade in on a ps5 if you really are to get rid of it. You could probably sell your system for what you paid which is more than what EB would have given.

I should of said I would be trading in my PS4 and my Xbox One X system. I wouldn’t trade in my PS5

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

It was on sale for $50 :talkhand:

21 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I think he's holding out for the Wade discount. :p

I really want it but I've thought about just waiting for the PS5 version, whenever that is, and canceling my PS4 preorder, but I feel like I should wait for reviews to see if there's a significant performance drop or if it's perfectly playable in its last-gen state.

Some parts were still on sale, so I just bought a new PC for my dad. i3 10100 for $99, ASUS TUF B460 Wifi-6 mATX mobo $130, 2x8gb TEAMGROUP DDR4 Ram $50, Fractal Design Core 1100 mATX case $37, Hynix Gold 500gb SATA SSD $45. I have an extra PSU and fans to throw in there.

His current PC that he uses is an old Q6600 PC that somehow has an IDE motherboard. Originally I was just going to get him the SSD and a PCIE SATA controller but said “F it”.

6 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

I really want it but I've thought about just waiting for the PS5 version, whenever that is, and canceling my PS4 preorder, but I feel like I should wait for reviews to see if there's a significant performance drop or if it's perfectly playable in its last-gen state.

On your PS5, it should be fine. The “next gen upgrade” is supposedly graphical-effect related, so, at the very least, it’ll run as it does on (or better than) a PS4 Pro; the PS4 Pro and X1X versions are supposedly fine - it’s the launch consoles that may be sketchy.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

On your PS5, it should be fine. The “next gen upgrade” is supposedly graphical-effect related, so, at the very least, it’ll run as it does on (or better than) a PS4 Pro; the PS4 Pro and X1X versions are supposedly fine - it’s the launch consoles that may be sketchy.

Good to know. Thanks!