IO Interactive announces "Project 007" - a James Bond "origin story"

Commissar SFLUFAN

1 minute ago, Zaku3 said:

Im expecting 3rd person from IO. Really excited about this. I wonder what they could do wit Mission Impossible.

It's funny you mentioned Mission Impossible. I was playing Watchdogs awith all of the different squad members and their talents and was thinkg why no one had done a Mission Impossible game before.

Just now, skillzdadirecta said:

It's funny you mentioned Mission Impossible. I was playing Watchdogs awith all of the different squad members and their talents and was thinkg why no one had done a Mission Impossible game before.

Is that Watch Dogs Legion? I broke down and greedbay'ed a 6800XT and it gets here tomorrow so I am eyeing Legions as a test of the card. 

Holy crap a 007 project from them is such a good idea. I hope it's completely original, not based on the movies, not starring Daniel Craig so we don't have to worry about his availability, licensing, and all that bullshit. Give us an original James Bond designed and developed exclusively for this game to potentially become a series. Don't use the likeness of any well known actor. 

This is now one of my most anticipated games. I love IO and 007! I was already excited for the upcoming Hitman, and now they have have one of my favourite movie franchises!

I really hope they do something new and original. Still make sure it feels like 007, but give us an original character and story!

at least with this team, I have faith!

That's a weirdly good fit if they go more for the N64-style games where the difficulty changed and/or added to your objectives. Hitman is already kind of that. I haven't given a single shit about a James Bond game (as I don't care about James Bond as a franchise) since the N64 title, which I adored. Can't wait to see if they can pull it off!

2 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

That's a weirdly good fit if they go more for the N64-style games where the difficulty changed and/or added to your objectives. Hitman is already kind of that. I haven't given a single shit about a James Bond game (as I don't care about James Bond as a franchise) since the N64 title, which I adored. Can't wait to see if they can pull it off!

I can't imagine them not taking inspiration from GoldenEye since it's a classic. I want to be able to shoot dudes in the crotch and have them bend over grabbing it in pain! 

I think third person would also benefit this property more, and allow for more variation. Have a cool car chase sequence, sneaking missions, over the top action, etc. 

The question though is will this follow the more grounded and gritty style that the Craig Bond movies used, or go back and use a bit more of the fun gadgets from the Connery era. For a video game, I think I'd like some cool and fun gadgets. Hell they could even make it a period piece and place the game in the '60s during the Cold War. 

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to IO Interactive announces "Project 007" - a James Bond "origin story"

I'm excited for this! During my recent COVID-19 quarantine, I caught up on movies from my watch list, and that included all the Daniel Craig Bond movies (had never seen them) and Mission Impossible 4-7.

And it got me thinking how we haven't had a good Bond / spy game in a while. Like, traversing the world, and sweet cars and gadgets. The only game I could think of, that was even close, was Hitman.

• 2 months later...