Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

29 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

pokemon feels GIF

I originally wanted him to stay alive so he can watch him get fucked on election night.  But now I doubt that will happen.  I still believe that Trump and his cronies are going to steal this election somehow. 

Today has made it quite clear that he is NEVER going to change, and every second that he is in office is a second towards Idiocracy.  

With all of the shit that has happened in 2020 with him, Covid, the BLM protests...I just want things to be semi-normal again.

All of the good things that have happened to me in the last 4 years...I would trade them all away if it meant that he lost in 2016.  I can't take this anymore.

1 minute ago, marioandsonic said:

I originally wanted him to stay alive so he can watch him get fucked on election night.  But now I doubt that will happen, and today has made it quite clear that he is NEVER going to change, and every second that he is in office is a second towards Idiocracy.  

With all of the shit that has happened in 2020 with him, Covid, the BLM protests...I just want things to be semi-normal again.

All of the good things that have happened to me in the last 4 years...I would trade them all away if it meant that he lost in 2016.  I can't take this anymore.

You know it's bad when you hear Bush Jr speak at events and you're awestruck by how much more Presidential he sounds. Makes you realize how much you miss it.

While I think the Trump nightmare will be over soon, this is not a chapter of America we'll ever forget. As much as we might want to.

24 minutes ago, Reputator said:

While I think the Trump nightmare will be over soon, this is not a chapter of America we'll ever forget. As much as we might want to.

The young, competent fascists within the GOP like Tom Cotton and Josh Hawley -- supported by a right-wing dominated judiciary -- will ensure that any break from the nightmare will merely be an interregnum unless the Democratic Party learns to stop being the Democratic Party.

23 minutes ago, Reputator said:

You know it's bad when you hear Bush Jr speak at events and you're awestruck by how much more Presidential he sounds. Makes you realize how much you miss it.

Here's the way I'm seeing it.  Either Trump gets voted out in November, or we're stuck with him until he dies and his next-of-kin takes the reins.

21 minutes ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

The young, competent fascists within the GOP like Tom Cotton and Josh Hawley -- supported by a right-wing dominated judiciary -- will ensure that any break from the nightmare will merely be an interregnum unless the Democratic Party learns to stop being the Democratic Party.

Their problem is their complete and total lack of anything resembling a personality

From Sep 1 to Oct 6, Biden has jumped nearly two points in national polling.

0628_LatestPOLLS-16x9_F1.png
PROJECTS.FIVETHIRTYEIGHT.COM

The latest political polls collected by FiveThirtyEight.

Some analysis from Nate:

I've been thinking two things about all this:

1. The race has been steady. Even though Biden went up nearly two points in a month, he's mostly been between 6 and 10 points ahead of Trump nationally since June. It was closer before the primary ended.

2. This is more cautionary: it's okay to feel good about all this, but just because races haven't closed this substantially in history during October, it doesn't mean that it can never ever happen. So feel good, but vote Democratic up and down and diplomatically talk to on-the-fencers. There's not many, but they're out there.