Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

34 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

I think it's going to be hard to for Biden to lose Pennsylvania, as it's (almost) his home state.  But it's not unheard of for a candidate to lose their home states - Gore lost Tennessee in 2000 (previously won by Clinton) and Trump lost New York in 2016 (but this was a given). 

Clinton could also claim home state advantage for NY, given she was their Senator. 

9 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

While the NBC poll is registered voters and not likely (though if turnout is indeed up, this matters less), the big thing is the change it has recorded:

5 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Yes. It didn't stay at 14; it trended up to 14.

Yeah, that's a fair point.

Maybe, hopefully everyone but Trump's diehard fans are just plain getting tired of his schtick.

As far as undecided and the "both sides are just as bad" folks I have found anecdotally in my own life one of the more convincing arguments for them is just to say, "Remember Obama? Everything else aside, wouldn't it be nice just to have a president again where every damn day every story doesn't have to be about them?"

Just now, PaladinSolo said:

Why?  Trump won Ohio by 8 points in 2016, Trump won PA by ~.6%, appears to me that its a pretty even swing for both states.

Yeah, Ohio is a red state now.

Seems like the only time Dems have a chance there now is an election equivalent to '08 when Obama won Indiana. Even this year, I think it's a safe bet that Trump voters come home and he wins the state by 5 points, give or take.

They've mostly avoided places like Arizona and Texas and have concentrated on Pennsylvania/Michigan/Florida/Wisconsin/etc., but I wonder if with the amount they've invested in those states and the huge amount of money they've raised, they feel it would be oversaturation to put even more there than they already are and are now trying to invest in flipping Texas and flipping the state seats.

This is the best election map I've seen:

2016-election-precinct-map-trump-clinton
WWW.NYTIMES.COM

An interactive map lets readers explore the 2016 election in new detail.

I hope they do this for 2020.

Instead of county-by-county as most maps do, this goes within each county by precinct. So it shows you the competitive and not competitive areas within the red and blue counties. You can also click "voter island" to randomly be moved to placed that are blue islands in a sea of red and red islands in a sea of blue.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, marioandsonic said:

And I'm right back to being scared again.

Polling has Biden far outside the margin where the race could be decided by stuff like this, it'd have to be pretty overt ballot tampering for him to lose with the way polls like ATM.

Its pretty crazy though how AZ went from a reliably red state to practically a blue one from 2016 to now, and i have to wonder if thats about to happen in GA with how close 2018 was.

6 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Biden went from +8 to +14 after the debate. Among seniors, the jump was +4 (which is already the best Democratic result in 20+ years) to +27. 

Biden is going to win because of old people.

Was. Now that Trump is saying he's fine and COVID was nothing to fear, old people will feel much better about getting out there and socializing.

45 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

My wife is going to vote for Biden now.  She's fed up with Trump's constant failings on coronavirus. 

Gonna ask my lady if she wouldn't mind if I stole her from you and we threesomed brb

42 minutes ago, Reputator said:

It's crazy how well Hillary was polling this close to election.

Access Hollywood broke three days prior at this point. Back when we wondered, "Geez, what could Trump possibly do to close the gap?!"

I guess he really didn't do anything.

104985733-GettyImages-693965986.jpg?v=15

• Haha 2