How did you guys enjoy Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order?

best3444

39 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

I enjoyed it a lot! The story is not mind blowing but the game play, the exploration of levels and the combat was all good in my book, and thanks to the license, draped in sounds and sights that make my inner child happy! :sun:

nail on the head! 

its an overall awesome game. The gameplay was excellent. 

• Thanks 1

Was one of my top 3 games the year it came out. The combat is really fun, implementation of force powers in a game in awhile. The story is fun enough to make

you want to keep going(the ending is awesome though). The biggest surprise to

me was the platforming. Going in I assumed it would be on a Tomb Raider/Uncharted level but it’s actually really really really good. And the more Powers you unlock the more fun it becomes. To the point where I was genuinely looking forward to the exploration and platforming parts. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

It’s on EA Play which is part of Game Pass Ultimate. No need to buy it. 

Oh shit! Thank you for that information, man.

12 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Locked at 4K 30 or 60fps in performance mode

I enjoyed it but never ended up finishing it. I think I'm maybe halfway through.

Thanks

It's quite fun, and better than I expected. As a Star Wars yarn it's pretty entertaining, even though you'll probably know the general gist of the ending almost as soon you start, assuming you're familiar with the lore. But the more contained beats are pretty good and it spends some time with some aspects of Star Wars that don't get explored in the movies, which is cool.

I think with a bit more spit and polish, and some honing of a couple rough edges, it could have been something really special, but as it is, it's still really fun and worth playing through, especially if you have Game Pass.

Also I want a BD-1 for myself extremely badly.

It was really fun. One thing I hope for in the future is the lightsaber chopping limbs off in one hit. Don't get me wrong, the combat is fun, but I do wish all these people and robots that dont have weapons to block me would get chopped in half with one saber hit.

2 hours ago, johnny said:

It was really fun. One thing I hope for in the future is the lightsaber chopping limbs off in one hit. Don't get me wrong, the combat is fun, but I do wish all these people and robots that dont have weapons to block me would get chopped in half with one saber hit.

I don’t think they’re ever going to turn a Star Wars game into Dismemberment Simulator :p

• Haha 1

I wasn’t a big fan of the combat. I get for gaming reasons and “challenge” they wanted things a certain way, but I found the combat annoying. I dropped it to easy and found the game much more enjoyable. Can you die, sure. But comparatively to the enemies, you feel more like somebody who’s had Jedi training using a power weapon, the lightsaber. 

story was alright. I enjoyed exploring more of the lore. Going to 

Ilum

being my favorite part of the game. 
I liked the cast of characters, and look forward to the next game. 

9 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Probably not. But they could. In the movies they always show it as the lightsabers instantly cauterizing any wound, so it doesn’t need to look too gory. 

Vader, Rey, Kylo, Finn and probably someone else I’m missing all take saber hits and don’t get dismembered.

But they’re not going to make a Star Wars game rated M, and even if there’d no blood, having a floor covered in Stormtrooper limbs / halves is going to be rated M. :p

24 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Vader, Rey, Kylo, Finn and probably someone else I’m missing all take saber hits and don’t get dismembered.

But they’re not going to make a Star Wars game rated M, and even if there’d no blood, having a floor covered in Stormtrooper limbs / halves is going to be rated M. :p

well…Anakin lost an arm, Vader lost an arm and both legs and was then set on fire. 

Luke lost a hand. Dooku lost a head, as did Jango Fett, and some clone troopers. That guy in the cantina in A New Hope lost a bloody arm. 

the rest were more shallow blows. At least not so deep where enough of the blade was used to complete bisect them. Like getting caught by just the tip of the blade. I’m sure “plot armor” played a role though, as Qui Gon was done in by a simple impaling straight through. 

It might be M. If it would be it is only because the characters are human. The games already have cleaving droids in half, that are often portrayed to have both personality and consciousness. I do wonder where the line is on that for storm troopers. How it can be visualized where it could still get a T rating, if it could. 

17 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

well…Anakin lost an arm, Vader lost an arm and both legs and was then set on fire. 

Luke lost a hand. Dooku lost a head, as did Jango Fett, and some clone troopers. That guy in the cantina in A New Hope lost a bloody arm. 

the rest were more shallow blows. At least not so deep where enough of the blade was used to complete bisect them. Like getting caught by just the tip of the blade. I’m sure “plot armor” played a role though, as Qui Gon was done in by a simple impaling straight through. 

It might be M. If it would be it is only because the characters are human. The games already have cleaving droids in half, that are often portrayed to have both personality and consciousness. I do wonder where the line is on that for storm troopers. How it can be visualized where it could still get a T rating, if it could. 

All of those people trimmings happened before Disney took the helm, I'm guessing Micky is less down with limb removal. Robots on the other hand don't seem to enjoy the mouse's favor.  

2 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

Obi Wan took like two saber hits from Dooku in Attack of the clones and just got some burns. Such a weird complaint about dismemberment in Star Wars games when that's never been a feature. I don't rememebr a whole lot of severed limbs in KOTOR and the games don't need it.

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

@Keyser_Soze I watched the video and it seems like it still struggles to maintain 60fps on both machines. Better loading and some improved textures come into play, too. I'll definitely play it but my backlog is pretty full. 

It's a pretty steady 60 with some dips in certain areas. I wouldn't say that is a struggle.