zoom dick

2 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

In the pandemic world we live in, I have developed a habit of anxiously checking my mute and video mute buttons over and over in Teams, regardless of the context or size of the meeting.

My obsession with preventing video broadcast is fueled by actually accidentally broadcasting myself in my underwear. I had just had an issue with Cisco Jabber where IT had me reset everything, and I didn't realize until that mortifying moment that that meant defaulting the video to on.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

My obsession with preventing video broadcast is fueled by actually accidentally broadcasting myself in my underwear. I had just had an issue with Cisco Jabber where IT had me reset everything, and I didn't realize until that mortifying moment that that meant defaulting the video to on.

Oh no, haha. The biggest precaution I take is being at home for our weekly team meeting (over Teams), so I use my home PC which has no camera. No risk!

12 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Oh no, haha. The biggest precaution I take is being at home for our weekly team meeting (over Teams), so I use my home PC which has no camera. No risk!

The work MBP has the green light to indicate that the camera is on but I now consistently put my thumb over the camera until I can confirm that the green light isn't on. :(

Also living on the east coast and working with west coast people was awesome, but fuck living on the west coast and working with east coast people--that was the situation that led me into the underwear broadcast moment (it was like 8 AM my time, which was fine but involved basically rolling out of bed and getting on the call, whereas for the other guy it was almost lunch).

10 minutes ago, Jason said:

Also living on the east coast and working with west coast people was awesome, but fuck living on the west coast and working with east coast people--that was the situation that led me into the underwear broadcast moment (it was like 8 AM my time, which was fine but involved basically rolling out of bed and getting on the call, whereas for the other guy it was almost lunch).

I'm sure he enjoyed his afternoon delight.

• Sad 1