Invincible (Amazon Prime Video) - Season 2, Part 2 Official Trailer (14 March 2024)

Slug

Invincible is currently my 'someone else is constantly making you watch this and now you hate it' show. My girlfriend loves it and I had to binge seemingly endless episodes of this over the weekend. I've read maybe half a comic book in my life and know nothing about superheros and this show is pure torture for me.

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Late 2023? Ughhh... Need it now.

Broke down over the holidays and bought all 3 compendiums. Read them all, really fun read. Probably spoiled some things, but I think season one of the show hit the perfect balance of respecting the source material but changing things up a bit and improving it. Mainly the show has time to dive into more details of characters and story that the book might have spent only a page or two on.

Really hope Amazon likes the viewing numbers they're getting and they can do the show for a long long time. Hope they also get more efficient with producing the show and we could have 1 new season per year.

• Hugs 1

6 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Not having a pandemic between seasons might help too. 

S1 released in March of 2021. TV release schedules weren’t normalized yet at that point, but by 2022 most things seemed to be more-or-less back on track. I think many expected/hoped for a late-2022/early-2023 release of S2 which would put it at 18-24 months which is kind of reasonable. I’m assuming it’s a small team with a small budget making this which is why it’s looking to be pushing past 2.5 years, Venture Bros style. 

3 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

S1 released in March of 2021. TV release schedules weren’t normalized yet at that point, but by 2022 most things seemed to be more-or-less back on track. I think many expected/hoped for a late-2022/early-2023 release of S2 which would put it at 18-24 months which is kind of reasonable. I’m assuming it’s a small team with a small budget making this which is why it’s looking to be pushing past 2.5 years, Venture Bros style. 

Yeah it's a bit weird even taking Covid into account. I'm also thinking making 45 minute long animated episodes as opposed to the more traditional 25 minutes is adding on as well.

• True 1

1 hour ago, Greatoneshere said:

Yeah it's a bit weird even taking Covid into account. I'm also thinking making 45 minute long animated episodes as opposed to the more traditional 25 minutes is adding on as well.

I mean, they finished recording all the lines for the Venture Bros movie in late 2021 and still aren’t done the animation :sadsun:

• Shocked 1

• 5 months later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Invincible (Amazon Prime Video) - Season 2 debuts on 03 November 2023

It been so long I barely even remember who these characters are...

Is this Atom Eve thing pretty standalone if I've forgotten a bunch?

I do plan to rewatch season one before two, but closer to the release date...

From the official twitter account of the show… they are splitting up the season…

What a week!!! To recap what we learned about the show…

- ATOM EVE special episode live NOW. Go watch it. Twice. Three times, maybe?

- Atom Eve is the best. This is not new information, it just should be reiterated whenever possible.

- First four episodes of Season 2 start Nov. 3, airing weekly through Nov. 24.

- Then there will be a short break for you to take a breath, hug your family, and reflect on what you just experienced in Episode 204.

- Next four episodes will arrive in early 2024.

- Season 3 voice recording is complete and will help ensure there won’t be as long a gap again.

- Sterling K. Brown is Angstrom Levy (!!!), Peter Cullen is Thaedus (!!!), and more legends like Rhea Seehorn, Tatiana Maslany and Josh Keaton are joining Season 2.

• 1 month later...

:feelsgood:

Can't believe I slept on this.

Made it most of the way through the second episode before I realized I had somehow skipped the first episode. Not sure how the fuck that happened. After I got through the first episode though I realized it honestly still works if the stuff in the first episode is supposed to have just happened off-screen before the start of the show.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jason said:

:feelsgood:

Can't believe I slept on this.

Made it most of the way through the second episode before I realized I had somehow skipped the first episode. Not sure how the fuck that happened. After I got through the first episode though I realized it honestly still works if the stuff in the first episode is supposed to have just happened off-screen before the start of the show.

Maybe but you miss the incredible end scene fight of the first episode which is not to be missed. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Was anyone else aware we're only getting the first four episodes of the season on November 3rd? The second half will release "sometime in early 2024". Lame.

Big dislike on both the split and the episode dump. 

23 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

Was anyone else aware we're only getting the first four episodes of the season on November 3rd? The second half will release "sometime in early 2024". Lame.

Everyone should be... it was posted here in July 8 posts up...

But yeah, it sucks... I will wait until they are all out. I need to rewatch season one again before I watch season 2, it's been too long and my memory sucks...