Invincible (Amazon Prime Video) - Season 2, Part 2 Official Trailer (14 March 2024)

Slug

• 5 months later...

Was always aware of the comic even though it was never on my pull list, however it was consistently ranked high month to month throughout its run. Then all the praise heaped upon the initial release of episodes garnered a peek from me a few hours ago, just by the first two episodes, I am completely on board with this show & hope it gets a full run to tell the entire story!

Also, quite a fantastic voice cast for this to coincide with excellent animation!

Mars part was great, interesting that they sped it up but not a big change.

EDIT - spoilery comics comparison

Spoiler

Still don't like that cecil is aware of nolan or that there is any suspicion on him at all, even from his wife. That's why when he does what it does it is such a shock to everyone. And they weakened him as well against the guardians for whatever reason :confused:

Caught up with this recently and I'm finding it enjoyable. It's an odd combination of ingredients, but I think it mostly works pretty well. They really spent a ton on the voice cast, is this a big property that they had good reason to expect to be popular? I'd never heard of it until I started getting twitter ads for basically nothing else.

54 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

Caught up with this recently and I'm finding it enjoyable. It's an odd combination of ingredients, but I think it mostly works pretty well. They really spent a ton on the voice cast, is this a big property that they had good reason to expect to be popular? I'd never heard of it until I started getting twitter ads for basically nothing else.

Same guy that wrote the Invincible comic wrote The Walking Dead comic, so possibly?

2 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

Fifth episode was really good, just waiting for that other shoe to drop. 

The way they are jumping around the comic timeline I think the other shoe isn't dropping till the season finale. The end of this episode was way after other very important events in the comic.

• Thanks 1

I just finished the comic series. Overall it is quite good, gives a few BS fakeout deaths but other than that no major complaints. 

There is one major plot line I am not sure the show is going to touch on based on things that have already happened on the show. For the most part though I can see all the other major plot points being carried over.

I know this isn't for kids, but like, how not for kids is it? My 11 year old really wants to watch it. Apparently his friends are... I dunno.

EDIT: Apparently quite a bit not for kids. I'll watch it first and check it out.