XSX/XSS pre order thread

Dodger

2 minutes ago, jaethos said:

Yeah, I spent over a half hour trying to get it to work and then it screwed me anyway when it finally went through.

Any new pre-orders will undoubtedly happen while I'm at work and I will miss them. I guess I just need to accept that I won't be getting a console at launch for the first time since the Gamecube.

I guess I was spoiled by the Xbox One. MS screwed the pooch so hard on that thing I was just able to walk in and buy one :lol:

• Haha 2

Just now, GeneticBlueprint said:

If it was MS store then you aren't charged until the item ships. This is different than all the other retailers.

What if you go to your MS account and look at your order history? Anything there?

51 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

I still haven't gotten an email, my paypal hasn't been charged, and it's not listed in my recent orders in my MS account (but nothing is showing in previous purchases so???). No clue if I actually got one or not :shrug: 

2 minutes ago, The def star said:

This was just as bad as Sony's pre orders. I'm not sure what each one could have done to avoided all these web sites crashing. Miss going to a brick and mortar store and just looking up outside :(

Yeah, I mean really, there's nothing they can do about individual store's infrastructure, but damn. They didn't give Gamestop shit. I went to four different stores this morning and the count was 4, 7, 7, and 10. None of the other big box stores were doing physical pre-orders that I'm aware of.

I miss the friendly banter while standing in line. So many like-minded people talking about their hobby. I don't get much of that anymore outside the forums. I'm getting older and most of my friends have all scattered off to the four winds. So usually when I'm talking game stuff to someone in person, it's my wife, and I can literally hear her eyes glazing over. 

Console launches as we know them are over. This is the new normal. It's sad.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

Yeah, I mean really, there's nothing they can do about individual store's infrastructure, but damn. They didn't give Gamestop shit. I went to four different stores this morning and the count was 4, 7, 7, and 10. None of the other big box stores were doing physical pre-orders that I'm aware of.

I miss the friendly banter while standing in line. So many like-minded people talking about their hobby. I don't get much of that anymore outside the forums. I'm getting older and most of my friends have all scattered off to the four winds. So usually when I'm talking game stuff to someone in person, it's my wife, and I can literally hear her eyes glazing over. 

Console launches as we know them are over. This is the new normal. It's sad.

I'm lucky I have a die hard gamer friend that I still keep in contact with. My other friends are just casual gamers. My GF doesn't understand when I talk to her about games lol

1 hour ago, number305 said:

@sblfilms I already messaged and gave rights since he is in surgery right now.  If he does not take it then it will be yours.

My brother just text me that he snagged one for me. Thanks Number for the gracious offer, but send it his way :)

Just now, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Lol that name confusion is real. Biggest misstep Microsoft has done with next gen

I almost got confused when I was looking for the Series S. At least the X is a rectangle shaped box. The Series S and the One S at a quick glance when you just want to put it in your cart and check out as soon as possible can look the same lol.