XSX/XSS pre order thread

Dodger

2 minutes ago, number305 said:

Can you tell me more about this?  Link?

WWW.RESETERA.COM

Those that are heading out to stores to pre order what time are you gonna be there before opening? My local Game at White City Westfield (UK) opens at...

If someone breaks street date early like the PS5, links were posted in the PS5 thread pretty quickly.  Here is the Xbox thread

8 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:
WWW.RESETERA.COM

Those that are heading out to stores to pre order what time are you gonna be there before opening? My local Game at White City Westfield (UK) opens at...

If someone breaks street date early like the PS5, links were posted in the PS5 thread pretty quickly.  Here is the Xbox thread

Thanks.  Wario64 on twitter is a pretty good source too.

I have made sure on Amazon, Microsoft, Best Buy, and Newegg that I have up to date CC and address and that I'm signed in ready to go.

2 minutes ago, number305 said:

Thanks.  Wario64 on twitter is a pretty good source too.

I have made sure on Amazon, Microsoft, Best Buy, and Newegg that I have up to date CC and address and that I'm signed in ready to go.

The good thing about the thread it aggregates all the sources for you. Rumors says Microsoft told retailers to not break the street date but we shall see. 

1 hour ago, SoberChef said:

I'll be on Amazon, BB, & Target most likely and whichever I can get to the order page first on will be the winner!

Pretty much this for me. I'll pre order where available especially if Amazon or Best Buy are down. I really would like to get one from game stop as I can trade in one of my Xbox One X and maybe a fatty Xbox One for $300 off.

After the PS5 launch, Best Buy is off my list. I think there were two people on here refreshing for an hour to get the order through. Target and Amazon were perfect for me. No issues at all. I will aim to score one from each. If I manage two, I will sell it at cost on here if someone needs it. 

I'm going to have to drive to the other side of town to try and pre-order. I know online is going to be a cluster and my only hope is pre-ordering in person at a Gamestop (ugh). There's only ONE gamestop in my area of about 20,000 people so for lack of a better strategy, I'm gonna go to the poor-ass side of town I grew up on where there are more Gamestops and fewer people that can afford a console on launch day. 

9 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

I'm interested in what happens with the financing option if you already have Gamepass stacked for a couple years. Does it just pause the use of the stacked months?

You essentially get 24 months game pass ultimate tied to the console that you can activate when you choose to. So wait til you have 6 months left then activate it.

acastro_180604_1777_xbox_0001.jpg
WWW.THEVERGE.COM

The Xbox One was almost a year late.

Consoles might be harder to get this time around since they're pushing for a worldwide release. Last time they delayed the Xbox One in japan for a few months.

I guess this time MS wants to ship all the units Japan will need for the console's lifetime at launch.  

30 minutes ago, HGLatinBoy said:
acastro_180604_1777_xbox_0001.jpg
WWW.THEVERGE.COM

The Xbox One was almost a year late.

Consoles might be harder to get this time around since they're pushing for a worldwide release. Last time they delayed the Xbox One in japan for a few months.

I guess this time MS wants to ship all the units Japan will need for the console's lifetime at launch.  

I'm not sure the 15 xboxes they would need to allocate for Japan will make much of a dent.   :)  

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

I'm going to have to drive to the other side of town to try and pre-order. I know online is going to be a cluster and my only hope is pre-ordering in person at a Gamestop (ugh). There's only ONE gamestop in my area of about 20,000 people so for lack of a better strategy, I'm gonna go to the poor-ass side of town I grew up on where there are more Gamestops and fewer people that can afford a console on launch day. 

I'm nervous like most people here... but I also have a feeling that it is going to be available online.  If you asked the rational part of my brain I would guess that it will be in stock on Amazon and the MS site for a couple hours at least.

That does not mean I won't be hitting refresh like a crazy person starting about an hour before it goes live.

9 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

Not a code officially, but on the console itself it has an activation tab or something you can go to and activate when you are ready.  

Hmm, I’ll have to see how it works when people start getting them. I’m interested in the 2-year plan because it works out cheaper when you calculate the Gamepass in.

2 hours ago, SoberChef said:

Xbox Design Labs going offline to return in 2021...here's hoping they finally incorporate the v.2.0 Elite Controller as an option going forward!

They need to redo the V2 make it V2.1 or something 

I wanted to buy a V2 but its missing the share button so I dont think its worth it until they do add it to the controller and that can be years if they decide to go  with V3 or something.