Breath of the Wild prequel - Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity, reviews from OpenCritic posted

crispy4000

45 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

You can dress up these piece of shit Dynasty Warrior games all you want, but they will continue to be garbage for people who like trash.

Nah. They're mindless fun. I don't see them being any different than a brawler only with hundred enemies per attack instead of 1 or 2. The formula can sometimes work pretty well. I think they did a phenomenal job with Fire Emblem Warriors, for instance.

1 minute ago, Ghost_MH said:

Nah. They're mindless fun. I don't see them being any different than a brawler only with hundred enemies per attack instead of 1 or 2. The formula can sometimes work pretty well. I think they did a phenomenal job with Fire Emblem Warriors, for instance.

I've always found brawlers to be tedious as well. I dunno man, slapping buttons without any thought and watching a bunch of enemies die was like barely interesting when I was 8, if I'm gonna have mindless fun at least give me some crazy fun ways of navigating the world or allow some real depth in addition to just hitting the attack button for an hour and occasionally a super attack/mode. The Dynasty Warrior games just feel so bad. You don't have to have terrible combat to have mindless fun. I think a Dynasty Warriors game with super tight combat like Devil May Cry would be infinitely more interesting. As it stands, they feel like arcade games that I wouldn't mind pumping a few quarters into, but not $60 products.

Haven’t all the musou games on Switch struggled with performance? 

5 hours ago, crispy4000 said:

BOTW2 is still coming.

I think I'm going to give this a shot.  I like how Nintendo's more involved now, and want that backstory.

The title caught me off guard. I was not expecting musou when coming into this thread. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...