Breath of the Wild prequel - Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity, reviews from OpenCritic posted

crispy4000

I've had a fun time with this so far.  First time playing a Warriors anything, so I might not be so jaded.  But it's really nice to be in this world again.

Almost makes me forget the performance issues, which are consistent.  I think they might be pushing the Switch too hard here, though it's still playable and fun.  I might wait for an upgraded model to buy this.

Docked mode uses a dynamic resolution with the highest resolution found being 1440x810 and the lowest resolution found being approximately 1013x570. Pixel counts at 1440x810 are common in docked mode. Docked mode renders the UI at 1920x1080.

Portable mode uses a dynamic resolution with the highest resolution found being 960x540 and the lowest resolution found being approximately 676x380. Pixel counts at 960x540 are common in portable mode. Portable mode renders the UI at 1280x720.

xDZfPa0.png

Switch Pro, where are you?  Worst performing Nintendo published title since Xenoblade 2.

5 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

I couldn’t stomach Xenoblade 2 so this is a hard pass for me. Shame. I wanted to give a Musou game another chance. 

I'd find the docked mode acceptable-ish if it stuck closer to 30 more often, even at 810p average.  It doesn't look so bad at that because of the artstyle.  Perhaps there's a chance they can optimize a bit before release.

Portable mode, I'm not touching that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • crispy4000 changed the title to Breath of the Wild prequel - Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity (Nov 20th) Reviews out

Game Information

Game Title: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

Platforms:

• Nintendo Switch (Nov 20, 2020)

Developer: KOEI TECMO GAMES

Publisher: Nintendo

Review Aggregator

OpenCritic - 80 average - 78% recommended

Critic Reviews

Digitally Downloaded - 5 / 5 stars

The narrative that it weaves are great. The presentation is impeccable, and each and every one of the characters are fun to play with.

Nintendo Blast - Portuguese - 10 / 10

Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity is not exactly the kind of Zelda we're used to, but it is the game that all fans of the series needed, especially for filling gaps left by Breath of the Wild. In addition, it is easily one of the best titles available on the Nintendo Switch. The punctual performance problems that the game has do not overshadow its brilliance and, certainly, its success will leave a legacy for the main franchise.

Digital Chumps - 9.5 / 10

Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity is a breath of fresh air compared to other Warrior installments and is worth playing if you loved Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. The story, characters, and music are the best I've seen out of a Nintendo Warriors game in a long while. Even though the AI is severely lacking and multiplayer could use some improvements, it still is not enough to drag the game down from being the best Nintendo Warriors installment I've ever seen.

Enternity.gr - Greek - 9.5 / 10

The action is masterfully combined with the script and the player will have the constant desire to be on the battlefield in order to experience the way in which the story unfolds.

Atomix - Spanish - 90 / 100

Age of Calamity is a great game to close out Nintendo's year, and a very good excuse to get away from next-gen consoles, at least for a moment.

DASHGAMER.com - 9 / 10

While the Musou genre remains divided outside its developer’s homeland, it still gives players an anticipated follow-up to one of the biggest sequels of a generation. While we all impatiently await Link and Zelda’s return in Breath of the Wild 2, Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity is sure to leave Zelda fans salivating.

DualShockers - 9 / 10

Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity is a surprisingly deep pseudo-prequel to one of this generation's greatest games. A compelling story, fluid combat, and an interesting world will do more than enough to tide fans over until Breath of the Wild 2.

GameSkinny - 9 / 10 stars

Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity is a heck of a Warriors game and a fantastic love letter to Breath of the Wild and Zelda in general.

GameSpew - 9 / 10

Ultimately, Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity is a treat for both Warriors fans and those who adore The Legend of Zelda series.

IGN - 9 / 10

Age of Calamity boasts compelling combat, a stack of content and a clever remix of Breath of the Wild's Hyrule.

Rapid Reviews UK - 4.5 / 5 stars

Those of us who have played The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild would have seen that the fantasy world of Hyrule was in a bad shape. Monsters roam the land and the once great cities are now reduced to ruins. Breath of the Wild attributes this strife to a cataclysmic event called The Great Calamity, and it’s something that players heard about throughout their adventure. Sadly we never got to witness this apocalyptic event first hand in Breath of the Wild. However, this is all going to change thanks to Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity.

Rice Digital - 4.5 / 5 stars

Overall, this is definitely a game for fans of the original. However, Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity still delivers the fun action of Dynasty Warriors is known for while looking and feeling like a true prequel to Breath of the Wild, which is not an easy feat.

SECTOR.sk - Slovak - 9 / 10

Prequel f Breath of the Life mixed with gameplay of Hyrule Warriors works very well.

Shacknews - 9 / 10

Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity is a game no Zelda or Musou fan should pass up.

The Outerhaven Productions - 4.5 / 5 stars

Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity delivers on many grounds, delving deeper into the story of Breath of the Wild while also going and delivering a deeper take on the tale. Its combat is solid and you'll have fun testing out the various characters that arrive to help you.

TheSixthAxis - 9 / 10

Age of Calamity is, for all intents and purposes, a prequel to Breath of the Wild. It might be a spin-off in a separate genre, but it's clearly a labour of love, and the result is a thoroughly enjoyable romp through one of the most interesting periods of Hyrule. If the first game was a love letter to the Zelda series, this not only improves on this concept in every way, but stands as one of the best Zelda games, period.

Cerealkillerz - German - 8.9 / 10

Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity fixes a lot of the problems from the first game and delivers an extremely well done story and world for fans of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and everyone that still wants to become one in the future. Musou-Fans will miss the tactical component of the genre, but if you can live with some small gameplay missteps, you'll get the best Hyrule Warriors experience so far.

AusGamers - 8.5 / 10

In the end Age of Calamity is more Breath of the Wild than Dynasty Warriors, and I’ve been purposely vague when it comes to the storyline and specific quests for good reason. Although they were far and few-between in Breath of the Wild, when you did get the ol’ cinematic it was pretty special. In Age of Calamity you have more of these, both in quantity and in terms of high quality production values. To the point where you can’t wait to see what happens next.

COGconnected - 85 / 100

For me, Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity succeeds on two separate fronts. This is a prequel with the narrative heft required for a game in the Zelda franchise. But, this is also a Musou/Warriors game that twists that formula into something unique and engaging. What emerges from this strange union is an experience unlike either set of source material.

Destructoid - 8.5 / 10

Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity brings some of the same "Warriors" baggage along with it, but as someone who was always into these Omega Force romps, the juice was worth the squeeze. The story was genuinely enthralling throughout and it serves as a great companion piece for Breath of the Wild, while forging its own identity in many respects. I suspect a lot of the alterations are going to be controversial, but I like that they took some big swings and really went with it.

God is a Geek - 8.5 / 10

Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity is a fantastic Musou game that stays true to it's Breath of the Wild roots. With some of the best gameplay in the genre, it's easy to recommend.

Nintendo Enthusiast - 8.5 / 10

Now if you'll excuse me, I am going to spend some more time with my precious Egg Boi.

NintendoWorldReport - 8.5 / 10

The Divine Beasts are solidly the weakest part of the campaign and the inventory is a little clumsy to manage. That all being said, the totality of this Musou game is soundly enjoyable. The confidence on display in Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity echoes the earned success Nintendo has found after Breath of the Wild and the Switch. This is a refined and tight action-packed experience that delivers an excellent mix of Zelda lore and creatively ridiculous brawler gameplay.

Noisy Pixel - 8.5 / 10

Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity excels at being both a lively and addictive Warriors title while also being a competent prequel to Breath of the Wild. The action highlights each playable character’s skills wonderfully while weaving in a strategy item system against bosses. Sure, some environments didn’t translate well to the action genre, but I can see myself returning to Hyrule again and again in this adventure.

Press Start - 8.5 / 10

Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity, is a defining example of what you can do with musou games in the right situation. Not only does it shine Breath of the Wild's enjoyable characters in a new light, but it also provides a new lens to experience Hyrule through. It's an experience that is as much musou as it is Breath of the Wild, but integrates ideas from both, and melds them in interesting ways that's guaranteed to please fans of either game type. If you're a fan of Breath of the Wild, or musou games in general, Age of Calamity is well worth your time and attention, even if the Switch sometimes struggles under its ambitions.

WayTooManyGames - 8.5 / 10

I legitimately both love and hate this game. I love it because of everything it does right (basically everything it does), and how it feels like more Breath of the Wild on an epic scale. But I also hate it because of what it does with the plot, and what it could have been. Granted, I’ve come to terms with the latter and it’s one of my favorite Warriors and Zelda games.

Gamer's Palace - German - 84 / 100

Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity is a good musou game that well fits in a tiny bit of the Breath of the Wild formula, but especially the art. Oh, and it's one of the few musou games where I actually care about the story.

The Games Machine - Italian - 8.4 / 10

Hyrule Warriors: The Age of Calamity is a well-made Musou, which tries to break the preconceptions with which the saga often tends to clash in the West, taking its cue from one of the best games ever. The result is ambitious and effective, albeit with some reservations mainly due to the Switch's technical limitations.

Gamersky - Chinese - 8.2 / 10

Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity recreates the style of Breath of the Wild, adding some strategy elements to the musou gameplay to improve the slash experience. If you just like The Legend of Zelda, but have an aversion to musou gameplay, don't force yourself to taste it.

Cubed3 - 8 / 10

Forget what you think you know about the history of Breath of the Wild, this takes that story and makes it its own. The result is a hugely satisfying and wondrous adventure. Outside of the main story, it's worth coming back to this again and again. Omega Force has mastered the Musou style and is fully exhibiting that in Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity. The missions offer up plenty of replayability thanks to their diverse range of 'win' conditions. There is an impressive roster to keep coming back to, and it's filled with some fantastic characters that are a true surprise to discover. Every little element of this game works, and it all comes together so perfectly. While gamers are understandably excited to get their hands on the next-gen, Nintendo is ensuring the Switch isn't gathering dust. This will tear attention away from those shiny new boxes, and rightly so. There is so very much to love here. Frankly, a must-buy.

Demon Gaming - 8 / 10

As most fans of musuo style games can agree, there is one glaring issue with Age of Calamity, and that is the issues with framerate. Look, it is understandable that a game with an active battlefield can run into problems. When I found myself fighting against smaller groups of enemies, I would not have any issues whatsoever.

Digital Trends - 4 / 5 stars

Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity sets the bar for both Nintendo spinoffs with A+ storytelling that enhances Breath of the Wild’s world and deceptively varied, character-driven combat. It’s still a Dynasty Warriors game at heart, for better or worse, but the game makes that feel like less of a backhanded caveat and more of a fresh start for a polarizing genre.

EGM - 8 / 10

Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity ingeniously translates The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild's world, style, and gameplay into the Warriors formula, and fans of both series will be extremely satisfied with how both are reimagined here. But if you were expecting a more straightforward prequel that truly mined the tragedy of the war against Calamity Ganon, instead of relying on tired tropes like time travel, you might be left a little shell-shocked.

Filmweb - Polish - 8 / 10 stars

„Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity” takes musou genre into new quality. It’s a remarkable example of game done right. Cooking, searching for Koroks, fighting aboard Divine Beasts…from the beginning until the end there was always something fresh and surprising. Good job, Omega Force!

Fun Factor - Portuguese - 8 / 10

I loved my time with Age of Calamity despite some of its issues. It's a memorable journey with a compelling story and fun, but flawed, gameplay. And a great game for fans of the Zelda series, while we wait for the Breath of the Wild sequel.

Game Rant - 4 / 5 stars

Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity will appeal to Breath of the Wild fans, but it may not reach beyond that niche.

GameMAG - Russian - 8 / 10

If the name "The Legend of Zelda" means a lot to you, and you can have fun with musou-style games, then Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity will not disappoint. Overall it is of the best games Omega Force ever done with fast-paced and deep gameplay combined with some really great music.

GamesRadar+ - 4 / 5 stars

Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity is an ace accomplice to Breath of the Wild, providing charming backstories to its colorful cast of characters while carrying forward the spirit of experimental gameplay with impressive results.

Hardcore Gamer - 4 / 5

Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity is a welcome surprise that gives players a brand new way to enjoy their time in Breath of the Wild's Hyrule with fun, fast-paced gameplay.

Hobby Consolas - Spanish - 80 / 100

Breath of the Wild elements enrich the musou formula to make Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity a better video game, although there's still some of the usual problems in the genre. It's not perfect, that much is obvious, but it's so much fun that, in the end, you forget about the not so good stuff.

IGN Italy - Italian - 8 / 10

Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity tells a story of growth, friendship and courage, in a technically shaky but fascinating musou context.

Just Push Start - 4 / 5

Even if Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity is more The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild than Dynasty Warriors, both games are present. The gameplay is still an odd mix of mindless fun and engaging challenge that makes it really fun to play. It would be nice to see more done with the concept, though there is only so much that can be said for the concept. Perhaps the best way to put it is, given the concept, it's the best possible outcome and that is really all that matters.

LevelUp - Spanish - 8 / 10

Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity llega para consentir a los fanáticos de The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Su sistema lleno de acción frenética se disfruta sin complicaciones y la narrativa ayuda a mantenerte pegado al control. Lamentablemente, no es perfecto y sufre problemas técnicos que, aunque no son graves, afectan la experiencia, sobre todo en el modo cooperativo. Una buena opción si te gusta el género Musou.

Nintendo Life - 8 / 10

Approached with the knowledge that this is a full-featured side-dish, you'll have a very good time hacking and slashing your way through Calamity Ganon's minions in Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity; just remember that despite its sparkling presentation, it is still not a Zelda game. What it is is a brilliant Zelda-infused Musou experience filled with varied and satisfying combat and Breath of the Wild additions that work beautifully within the boundaries of the Warriors template.

Pure Nintendo - 8 / 10

Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity is an epic game in some ways. It starts excitingly and rarely lets up. If you stink at dungeons and shrines and won't miss exploring, you'll find a world that's still impressive and characters that have proven to endure in the minds of series fans. In the end, it remains predominantly Koei-Tecomo's Warrior gameplay with Nintendo's Zelda dressing, so probably not GOTY material. Still, it's an entertaining way to tide yourself over until the true sequel arrives.

Reno Gazette-Journal - 8 / 10

All in all, Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity is a great addition to the Warriors franchise thanks to its more fleshed out combat as well as an addicting weapon skill system that can drain hours from players if they get hooked. Divine Beast combat is a bit of a mixed bag and old problems remain such as co-op being limited to local multiplayer. An intriguing storyline, however, combined with fun combat, a bevy of things to do and the ability to play as Hyrule’s legendary champions make Age of Calamity one of the best entries into the “musou” series to date.

Screen Rant - 4 / 5 stars

The Age of Calamity has befallen Hyrule.

Siliconera - 8 / 10

I suppose it sort of feels like Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity is a dream game. It’s the ideal of what people might want to happen in The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild’s world. You’re given free rein over multiple characters from this installment, each with their own sort of playstyle and capabilities.

Spaziogames - Italian - 8 / 10

Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity it's a bit of a surprise, finally a good musou with an outstanding resonance of Breath of the Wild in terms of story and worldbuilding.

TrustedReviews - 4 / 5 stars

Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity is an enjoyable action romp and a worthwhile expansion of the Breath of the Wild universe. Those hoping for a deep narrative expansion of the universe will be underwhelmed, but being able to spend more time with these wonderful characters is more than enough to leave you satisfied.

Twinfinite - 4 / 5

Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity is a lot to take in. There are so many systems in play here, but somehow they all come together to form a solid, cohesive experience that makes this game so damn hard to put down. Throw in a cast of extremely likeable characters, and set it in the rich world of Breath of the Wild, and you get one of the best musou-style games that Koei Tecmo and Omega Force have ever put out.

USgamer - 4 / 5 stars

Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity isn't The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2, but it's a great musou game with a lot of content for starved fans of Breath of the Wild. Even if you're a Zelda fan who can take or leave musou games, Age of Calamity is worth taking. However, occasional slowdown and frame drops, especially in handheld mode on the Switch Lite, make it clear the Switch is aging quickly.

VG247 - 4 / 5 stars

Successful at what it sets out to do, however – providing a fun, interesting and exciting new adventure that fans of that game will surely enjoy. It won’t stay your appetite for Breath of the Wild 2 – but it’ll keep you occupied happily enough all the same.

We Got This Covered - 4 / 5 stars

Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity delivers a very top-notch musou experience, one that takes both franchises very seriously. However, Zelda fans expecting something along the lines of Breath of the Wild are in for a very rude awakening.

Video Chums - 7.9 / 10

As one of the better Musou spin-off games out there, Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity is a welcome treat for Breath of the Wild fans. Its gameplay remains expectedly repetitive but there's still a ton of fun to be had with its variety of combat abilities.

GamePro - German - 78 / 100

Great Musou in terms of gameplay, that tells the story before Breath of the Wild, but also has to struggle with technical problems.

Wccftech - 7.8 / 10

Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity is a perfect game to use to revisit the land of Hyrule. Combat additions make this one of the most exciting and interesting Warriors games to play, but the performance can hold it back. It's a great romp that'll keep you engaged for hours, but don't come in expecting great things from the next chapter of a canon Zelda story.

Game Informer - 7.5 / 10

The action is tedious, but cutting through swaths of Bokoblins and single-handedly clearing a battlefield is still rewarding

GamingTrend - 75 / 100

Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity is a ton of fun, but handicaps itself with the occasionally abysmal frame pacing, wonky camera, and design of later missions. Still, it's the perfect accompaniment to Breath of the Wild and well worth your time.

Twisted Voxel - 7.5 / 10

Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity engaging combat system holds the experience together amidst a half-hearted attempt at a prequel.

Critical Hit - 7 / 10

Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity falters greatly in its narrative. The time-traveling aspect felt like a cheap and easy way to rewrite history without actually adding much to the established lore. That said, this did allow Princess Zelda to shine which ended up being a pleasant surprise. The gameplay is the main hook and it's a bloody fun one at that. There is lots to love here if you can ignore the story.

GamingBolt - 7 / 10

Age of Calamity isn't the compelling addition to Zelda canon that may have been promised, but it does just enough right that it can muster a recommendation for fans of Breath of the Wild.

Impulsegamer - 3.5 / 5

I think Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity is worth your time, the only question is are you willing to push through its shortcomings in order to see that payoff? For me personally the answer was yes. For you – I say do some research before pledging your sword for the realm.

Slant Magazine - 3.5 / 5 stars

It's an addictive, delightfully rowdy experience in spite of the creaky, decrypt gameplay and engine.

WellPlayed - 7 / 10

Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity impresses with its narrative and fun hack and slash action from the offset, but dreadful performance and repetitive gameplay ultimately stifle its impact

New Game Network - 68 / 100

Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity is a satisfying musou hack and slasher, but that style of gameplay can only stay fresh for so long. The carry-over from Breath of the Wild, specifically the strong art design and rich lore, should keep the hardcore crowd invested until the end, though.

Stevivor - 6.5 / 10

The Zelda devout have already decided to to buy this game and I hope they love it. Everyone else might want to spend some time with the demo first.

Attack of the Fanboy - 3 / 5 stars

As a Musou game, Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity is enjoyable. Narratively, on the other hand, it pulls every punch and is completely underwhelming as a prequel to Breath of the Wild.

GameSpot - 6 / 10

Age of Calamity improves on the combat and structure of Hyrule Warriors, but saps much of the weight from Breath of the Wild's backstory as it fills in its gaps.

Gameblog - French - 6 / 10

Hyrule Warriors : Age of Calamity delivers yet another Musou X Zelda experience, but fails to offers a great experience beyond the hardcore fans of Breath of the Wild. Pretty rough, the game lacks precision and variety, despite very good direction and musical score. For a few colorful cinematic moments, players with have to brawl they way through way too many similar fights, even with such iconic characters.

Guardian - 3 / 5 stars

Bash and slash your way through umpteen morphing enemy hordes in this moreish Dynasty Warriors-Legend of Zelda crossover

Metro GameCentral - 6 / 10

The best Dynasty Warriors style game ever made, which means it's slightly north of mediocre, with simplistic combat, weak storytelling, and a whole lot of repetition.

MonsterVine - 3 / 5

Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity fails to deliver any meaningful fantasy through its story or its gameplay.

VGChartz - 5 / 10

I can't say I hate Age of Calamity, but I am saddened by it, and how little it did with the intriguing potential it had.

GAMEtainment - German - 0.79 / 10

Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity bridges the time until the release of Breath of the Wild 2, but unfortunately only briefly. While the environment and enemy types may seem varied at first, you become dulled as the game progresses.

However, the search for crogs or the prey hunt for special items and weapons remains particularly motivated. There are more than enough side tasks to complete. Besides the simple booty hunts, you can also sit down in the huge colossuses to defeat even more enemies in a short time. But especially when a lot of enemies appear on the screen, the performance of the Switch can reach its limits.

All in all Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity is a decently made Warriors game that you will have fun with if you are a fan of such Musou titles.

Console Creatures - Recommended

Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity may not be the sequel Nintendo fans are looking for but it’s certainly worth checking out. It has a good roster of characters, great combat, and some interesting ideas that stick the landing.

Eurogamer - Recommended

Zelda gets the Dynasty Warriors treatment once more, folding in inspiration from Breath of the Wild for the best musou spin-off yet.

GameXplain - Loved

Video Review - Quote not available

Kotaku - Unscored

Not even my ardent love for these characters was enough to sustain my interest over the entire, artificially padded game

LadiesGamers.com - Loved

While a sequel is in the works for BOTW there is no clear release date as yet. If you’re hankering after a Zelda fix, Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity delivers great storytelling and provides an exciting new adventure. It is an addictive fighting game and offers enough space to experiment with different characters.

As for Musou fans who haven’t played BOTW, try out the demo before you decide to buy. Since your save file is carried over to the game from the demo you have nothing to lose if you do decide to buy. 

After playing Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity I’ve got an urge to play BOTW again. I’m sure like a lot of gamers who have played Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity they are feeling exactly the same way!

Polygon - Unscored

The game never fully embraces the potential opportunities of its time-traveling premise, but I was still hooked throughout. Possibly it helped that Breath of the Wild already did such a good job of establishing the stakes. Age of Calamity didn’t have to do much to pull on the same heartstrings. Sometimes, a short cutscene with a pained glance or a wavering voice was all it took to reinvigorate the drama of it all.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Breath of the Wild prequel - Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity, reviews from OpenCritic posted

Nobody told me you could pilot the divine beasts in this game. That all said, I'm enjoying this one. I skipped the demo since I had the game pre-ordered. I'm enjoying it so far. It is easily the best musou games based on a Nintendo franchise so far and I quite like Fire Emblem Warriors.

Enjoying it as well. Have to say the semi-open nature of the game caught me a bit off guard. Nice little surprise. And controlling the divine beats is pretty cool. Getting the hang of each new warrior's fighting style takes some getting used to. I swear every time I try to play them like they'll have to same powers/abilities as Link, which of course is a mistake because they all play totally different from him. 

This game is surprisingly fun in a mindless way. Surprising in particular because I usually don't care for Dynasty Warriors. I decided to try the demo this weekend and in doing so found that it had coop, which I hadn't realized it had and that really sealed the deal. My wife and I have been playing through it together and it's been great.

On 12/7/2020 at 6:51 PM, legend said:

This game is surprisingly fun in a mindless way. Surprising in particular because I usually don't care for Dynasty Warriors. I decided to try the demo this weekend and in doing so found that it had coop, which I hadn't realized it had and that really sealed the deal. My wife and I have been playing through it together and it's been great.

I think I am getting close to the end...maybe. I've logged 28 hours so far and have to say I am surprised by the number of characters they let you play as. For some reason I was only expecting as many, and they are all wildly different. I also find it addicting filling in the map.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...