PS4 Exclusive of the Generation - shamelessly stolen from Kinda funny

BloodyHell

I would like everyone to pick their top 3 in order. Once most have voted, I will tally the scores. 

Rules:

-Game cannot be on another console, but can be on PC (like Horizon). Does not need to be first party, just exclusive. 

-first choice gets 5 points, second gets 3, third gets 1.
-Game with the most points next Saturday at midnight is the d1p PS4 game of the generation.
-you can change your list by editing before Saturday at midnight, but please don’t make a new list in a new post. One list per User. 

this is PS4 only, I may do an xbox one when this is done -or someone else can-  I just don’t feel like keeping track of two threads, and Switch isnt at the end of a generation.  One for the generation as a whole needs to wait at least until the next consoles, and Cyberpunk, are all out. 

My top 3 PS4 games this Generation 

1. God of War

2. The Last of Us Part 2

3. Horizon

Honorable mentions:

Spider-Man

FF7R

Bloodborne

All three Honorable mentions were in a tight battle for third, but recieve no points from me. 

I have not played FF7 or The Last of Us or Horizon or Spider-Man, or really I guess a lot of the true exclusives, but:

1. Bloodborne is the obvious winner for me. One of the best games ever for my money. 

2. Everybody’s Golf

3. Uncharted 4

And just so everyone knows where I stand.... I have played God of War. 

1 hour ago, Paperclyp said:

I have not played FF7 or The Last of Us or Horizon or Spider-Man, or really I guess a lot of the true exclusives, but:

1. Bloodborne is the obvious winner for me. One of the best games ever for my money. 

2. Everybody’s Golf

3. Uncharted 4

And just so everyone knows where I stand.... I have played God of War. 

What didn’t you like about it?

13 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

What didn’t you like about it?

I liked it fine actually. I wish the combat had been more satisfying and / or evolved a bit throughout, I thought the story was good overall but it was a bit of a slog at times and I did not buy the kid’s development. 

I was definitely influenced by the hyperbole around the launch of the game though. People were praising it as one of the best games ever and to me it’s a very good, expensive looking game. 

9 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

I liked it fine actually. I wish the combat had been more satisfying and / or evolved a bit throughout, I thought the story was good overall but it was a bit of a slog at times and I did not buy the kid’s development. 

I was definitely influenced by the hyperbole around the launch of the game though. People were praising it as one of the best games ever and to me it’s a very good, expensive looking game. 

I literally feel its the best game ever made. All around, I have never had more fun with a game. But to each their own, of course.

1 minute ago, gamer.tv said:

I feel like that's quite  a hot take. What did you enjoy so much about Days Gone?

I really enjoyed just wondering around, clear hordes, and finding things. I'm not sure why it clicked with me but it really did. I even referred to the game "generic" Sony game #7 prior to playing it. I had no hype what so ever, in fact I was really not sure it was for me. Played it, loved it!  

7 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

1. Spider-Man

2. Ratchet & Clank 

3. God Of War

My first in the series, I beat it last month.  Had no preconceived notIons about it.  

It’s a fun game, but there’s no way I’d stick it near the top of Sony’s output this gen outside of graphics and controls.  I’m on an insomniac kick right now, finishing up Spider-Man and the Spyro 1 remake.  Both are a good deal better IMO.

I don't know how to pick just three :/ 

I think 

1. Persona 5

2. FF7 Remake

must make the top three. But I'm struggling to pick a third from the following, all of which I really really like. Maybe I need to finish Ghost first to see where I stand with it.

Spiderman

God of War

Ghost of Tsushima

I also really liked TLoU2, but I think in terms of pure enjoyment it's a notch below.

15 hours ago, gamer.tv said:

I feel like that's quite  a hot take. What did you enjoy so much about Days Gone?

15 hours ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

I really enjoyed just wondering around, clear hordes, and finding things. I'm not sure why it clicked with me but it really did. I even referred to the game "generic" Sony game #7 prior to playing it. I had no hype what so ever, in fact I was really not sure it was for me. Played it, loved it!  

I remember when we talked about it! You were saying something like, it had individual components that looked good, but you and the rest of the podcast weren't impressed with it. I was happy to see people loving it as much as I did! 

Days Gone didn't have a single side mission or activity that wasn't a lot of fun. Even something like clearing out freaker nests was hugely enjoyable. Sneaking into a gas station and getting gas for your motorcycle, that was somehow a lot of fun. I think it was the fact that you really had to take care of your motorcycle because you couldn't ride anything else, and that kind of traversal was actually a lot of fun. The game also doesn't really scale with your upgrades, so if you take the time to upgrade your bike and weapons, you WILL feel more capable to take on more and more throughout the game.

The obvious selling point was the hordes. First time I was riding at night and ran into a horde was one of the most memorable moments of the generation for me. It also led to some great unplanned gameplay moments. Infiltrating a Nero camp? Make sure you find all those damn loudspeakers. Hell, one time I was going to infiltrate a Nero camp but a horde infiltrated it for me. I waited until they killed everyone and left, and then I waltzed in and took everything. :lol: 

One of my funnest moments was taking out enemies in a Nero camp, looking around for gas cans and speakers, and then hearing something in the distance. The Nero camp was on a hill, and the sounds were coming from below. I ran over there and saw a huge horde going into its den. It was morning, so that was around the time that hordes retreat into hibernation. I thought, you know what? Fuck it. I'm laying some traps and taking these fuckers out. It was one of the bigger hordes, and it took, like, 20 minutes(?) to bring down, and it was awesome. Sometimes I loved setting up a billion traps outside of a horde cave and then shooting my gun and watching them all kill themselves.

Shit, I'm making myself want to play this again. SEVERELY underrated in scores, and a great effort by Sony Bend. Can't wait to see what next-gen hordes will be like. I highly recommend it for anyone with or without a penis.

@BloodyHell - Just for clarification, do games like Final Fantasy 7 Remake and Persona 5 count as "PS4 exclusive?" Since FF7R is going to be released on Xbox One, and P5 is also on PS3?

I'm pretty sure the only PS4 exclusive game (not counting a PC release) I've played is Street Fighter V. So I guess that automatically gets my vote. 

4 hours ago, GameDadGrant said:

@BloodyHell - Just for clarification, do games like Final Fantasy 7 Remake and Persona 5 count as "PS4 exclusive?" Since FF7R is going to be released on Xbox One, and P5 is also on PS3?

I'm pretty sure the only PS4 exclusive game (not counting a PC release) I've played is Street Fighter V. So I guess that automatically gets my vote. 

Ff7r is not currently on other consoles. Ill say yes to P5R as well, if its not on other platforms. Not P5 regular though, no ps3 games. 

has SE said FF7R would be released on xbox?

This is harder than I thought, but my top three are:

1. The Last of Us Part II

2. Shadow of the Colossus

3. Astro Bot

Runners up: God of War, The Last Guardian, Tetris Effect, Until Dawn

Astro Bot is incredible and one of the most fun and creative platformers in years.  VR in general is a tough sell, and I barely use mine since it's cumbersome and isolating, but Astro Bot/Tetris Effect/Moss were worth the price of admission in my mind.  Shadow of the Colossus is one of the best and most moving games ever made, and the PS4 remake is the definitive version.  The Last of Us Part II is the most state-of-the-art video game I've ever played, and what it accomplished narratively and emotionally has boggled my mind. 

God of War

Uncharted 4

Spider-Man

Those were pretty much the only ones I liked. Horizon ZD got old and repetitive and I didn't really play many of the others.Waiting on FF7, didn't like Bloodborne, not interested in TLoU2, and some of the exclusives that I really did like, like Nier Automata and Hellblade, I played on Xbox :p

55 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I can't imagine it sold much on PS3. Honestly, it was kind of bonkers it released for the system years after PS4 was out.

It's a PS4 game through and through.

Yeah, probably didn't sell well. Ha, I haven't even broken the seal on the case yet. I was meaning to play it after I got through Persona 4 Golden on Vita...but I (still!) haven't completed it yet. But now I have Persona 5 Royal (I think that's what it's called) on PS4 so I'll probably just play that version, lol. 

Now....what to do with the PS3 version?

58 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I can't imagine it sold much on PS3. Honestly, it was kind of bonkers it released for the system years after PS4 was out.

It's a PS4 game through and through.

I guess since they were already making it for PS3, it didn't make sense to not release it.

But it's just kind of there on the PS3. Obviously great if you had no next gen systems at that point (and I know plenty of people who wait a long time before getting new systems), but it's totally PS4 imo. PS3's has issues I wouldn't have even thought of. Ex: there's one palace that you can turn into a rat to get through small pipes. On the PS3, there's a loading screen when you get to a new area, and at one point, there's a huge maze of it, so there are a ton of loading screens. It was just an area on the PS4, but it was a workout getting through that area on PS3.

Eek.