Halo Infinite - Information Thread, update (01/15/24): Certain Affinity's battle royale project reportedly cancelled, UE5-based campaign project in development since 2022

JPDunks4

8 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Have you tried this?

No one told me if this fixed their issue. 🤷‍♀️

The game was already installed and wouldn't launch, but unchecking the HD textures installation and then trying to launch it did work.

Is PC performance odd for anyone else? I’m getting ~60fps but it doesn’t seem smooth.

Also, if you have the fps counter enabled in the UI settings on PC, when you switch to XSX and it syncs, the fps counter will be there when you’re playing on xbox with no way of turning it off :lol:

19 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Is PC performance odd for anyone else? I’m getting ~60fps but it doesn’t seem smooth.

Also, if you have the fps counter enabled in the UI settings on PC, when you switch to XSX and it syncs, the fps counter will be there when you’re playing on xbox with no way of turning it off :lol:

Turn off the frame limiter, it causes hitching for some reason. 

36 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

How do I turn it off? There’s no option for it unless I’m missing it

It offers me 30, 60, 90, 120 or custom

Try setting it for a frame rate higher than your display goes, if possible.  I really thought there was an option for unlimited frames. Hmmm, I'll go check in a bit, I fixed this somehow, just don't recall how. 

I've been playing on Heroic, as I have with all Halos for my first run, and it's been great and very nicely balanced. I do think 343 finally got it and they have my support in the future.

Except for the Bassus fight. What the mother fucking hell??

Spoiler

Locking you in a narrow low ceiling hallway against giant bullet sponge brute with a gravity hammer than can instant kill you in some attacks and can lunge from 300 feet away for that instant kill attack is *not* a fun combat encounter. It takes away basically all of your options that make the game so much fun.

I do think I got extra fucked though because I watched some videos and everyone seemed to have clusters of explosive barrels when they did it and I had a grand total of 1 to use. I got close once but still died and I then I said fuck it, put it on easy, passed it, and then put it back to heroic and continued on.

I'm all in for a good Halo battle challenge, but that was a dumb boring fight that seemed extra screwed up by the lack of explosive barrels which seem like the only thing that did any damage. Even the rocket launcher did barely anything.

6 minutes ago, legend said:

I've been playing on Heroic, as I have with all Halos for my first run, and it's been great and very nicely balanced. I do think 343 finally got it and they have my support in the future.

Except for the Bassus fight. What the mother fucking hell??

Hide contents

Locking you in a narrow low ceiling hallway against giant bullet sponge brute with a gravity hammer than can instant kill you in some attacks and can lunge from 300 feet away for that instant kill attack is *not* a fun combat encounter. It takes away basically all of your options that make the game so much fun.

I do think I got extra fucked though because I watched some videos and everyone seemed to have clusters of explosive barrels when they did it and I had a grand total of 1 to use. I got close once but still died and I then I said fuck it, put it on easy, passed it, and then put it back to heroic and continued on.

I'm all in for a good Halo battle challenge, but that was a dumb boring fight that seemed extra screwed up by the lack of explosive barrels which seem like the only thing that did any damage. Even the rocket launcher did barely anything.

I struggled with him even on normal. It was insanely difficult so I can't imagine playing that on heroic. Then there are two bosses later on that were a real bitch to take down. It's all been so fun that I can't complain too much. 

31 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I struggled with him even on normal. It was insanely difficult so I can't imagine playing that on heroic. Then there are two bosses later on that were a real bitch to take down. It's all been so fun that I can't complain too much. 

I'll be okay with hard. Some of my favorite scenarios in the original Halos were hard and took me forever. This particular fight though felt like they took all the good things about the combat out by artificially limiting the environment and impact of different weapons. So it made it both hard and boring :p 

The other boss fights have been good though. Hopefully more of that and less of what they did here!

Bassus

Spoiler

was a grapple-based fight for me. Hook away when he starts to charge, then turn and blast him. Towards the end, I accidentally grappled up to a little ledge where he couldn’t swing at me. He took eventually took out a grenade, but I finished him off before he could toss it. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

Bassus

Hide contents

was a grapple-based fight for me. Hook away when he starts to charge, then turn and blast him. Towards the end, I accidentally grappled up to a little ledge where he couldn’t swing at me. He took eventually took out a grenade, but I finished him off before he could toss it. 

Spoiler

Yeah that's what I generally aimed to do. His AOE was so fucking large though and even a glance as I'm pulling away would still take out my shields. He was such a bullet sponge that would eventually get me.

I really do think mine was extra broken by the fact that only one explosive crate existed in the area for the fight for me because that seemed to be the only thing that did meaningful damage and that's how I saw most people kill him online. "Oh one big explosion, look he's dead." Must be fucking nice :p 

1 hour ago, legend said:

I'll be okay with hard. Some of my favorite scenarios in the original Halos were hard and took me forever. This particular fight though felt like they took all the good things about the combat out by artificially limiting the environment and impact of different weapons. So it made it both hard and boring :p 

The other boss fights have been good though. Hopefully more of that and less of what they did here!

I haven't encountered any claustrophobic areas with bosses since him. I think you'll be fine from here on out.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JPDunks4 said:

I finished that fight more quickly than I thought I would, just had to utilize the grapple a lot to create space.  I don't know if I used any canisters on him.  Also hit a checkpoint mid fight that helped a lot.

i was smart enough to pick up a rocket launcher ahead of time (and pure luck) I hurled a coil at them first to stun, rocket and if they were still stun, barraged with sticky grenades. That grapple is your life line and just grab the ceiling and fling away, grab a coil and repeat. I think I did it on my 3rd or 4th try but that first encounter was an almost Holy Shit! WTF!?! Can’t wait for co-op to make its way into the game to change things up even more. 

I went into the fight with a sniper rifle and pistol. He one shot me pretty early on. I went in the second time with the sniper and a skewer, he got me just before I had him. I had a checkpoint after that midway through the fight and I was able to finish him. I didn't use the grapple once, because it's still not second nature for me.

Played 2 more hours so that puts me at roughly 8-10 hours into the game. I read it's only 10 hours long? I'm not seeing an ending anytime soon though. I opened a FOB while playing today. Even on normal I'm dying quite a lot but I love the strategy and different approaches you can take to win. 

I keep saying it but this is the most fun I've had with a game in a long time. The combat is so smooth and the enemies have terrific AI. I love listening to the dialogue from the enemies. The story while simple is good with a great voice cast. This is easily the best Halo I've ever played.

• Like 1

Played for an hour. Cleared the initial starting area and moved on to the 2nd area. 

There is something special about getting a warthog. Grabbing two marines and drivebying foul xenos. 

We need a SP Halo campaign where it's master chief leading and supporting human forces vs the various xenos. I should download halo wars.

3 hours ago, best3444 said:

I keep saying it but this is the most fun I've had with a game in a long time. The combat is so smooth and the enemies have terrific AI. I love listening to the dialogue from the enemies. The story while simple is good with a great voice cast. This is easily the best Halo I've ever played.

I'm still in the first open area and having a lot of fun too. I don't mind dieing at all. I love driving into an encounter and just going crazy seeing what I can pull off. 

23 hours ago, silentbob said:

I'm at this part right now and after 10-15 tries, I thought I better call it before I wake someone up. I forgot I got 3 cores now to upgrade my shield or grapple to Lvl 4 

Third or Fourth try and I did it. Went back and got a coil, toss, rocket, grenades and BR and down went biker. Then I went far left, climbed the rocks and jumped/tethered onto a ghost and 2nd guy was a breeze. Was gonna continue the story but decided to go back and just fuck around in the open and see what happens 

finished it up today...some pretty intense segments toward the end. Noticed a couple of achievement glitches. I unlocked and upgraded everything to the max and yet I never received the unlock threat assessment achievement, also took some soldiers into a story segment but didn't unlock that achievement as well...of course none of them survived so perhaps that's why. Killed all the high value targets and have like one more locker to find. Definitely a fun game and I am sure I'll play through again down the road as well as continuing to mess around trying to find all possible unlockables that aren't trapped inside of missions. 

So, does anyone else have an fps counter when playing on XSX? I can’t seem to get rid of it. I started on PC first and obviously had the fps counter under UI settings enabled, so I assumed it was some cross over from those settings when it synced. However, I tried shutting off the fps counter on PC the next time I played, and even after syncing, the counter is still there on XSX. I mean, it’s neat seeing it there and the constant 59-60  being displayed, I guess, but, my poor OLED.

11 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

So, does anyone else have an fps counter when playing on XSX? I can’t seem to get rid of it. I started on PC first and obviously had the fps counter under UI settings enabled, so I assumed it was some cross over from those settings when it synced. However, I tried shutting off the fps counter on PC the next time I played, and even after syncing, the counter is still there on XSX. I mean, it’s neat seeing it there and the constant 59-60  being displayed, I guess, but, my poor OLED.

Oh good, it's not just me.

16 hours ago, EternallDarkness said:

finished it up today...some pretty intense segments toward the end. Noticed a couple of achievement glitches. I unlocked and upgraded everything to the max and yet I never received the unlock threat assessment achievement, also took some soldiers into a story segment but didn't unlock that achievement as well...of course none of them survived so perhaps that's why. Killed all the high value targets and have like one more locker to find. Definitely a fun game and I am sure I'll play through again down the road as well as continuing to mess around trying to find all possible unlockables that aren't trapped inside of missions. 

Some of those achivements may unlock later. I've had a few myself unlock after restarting the game. Have you been quitting the game and restarting each time or have you been leaving it running?

40 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Some of those achivements may unlock later. I've had a few myself unlock after restarting the game. Have you been quitting the game and restarting each time or have you been leaving it running?

I always close out and turn off my machine when I'm done. Burt the crazy thing is I have the achievement for maxing out that power but not for originally acquiring it :lol:

I explored more this evening and still haven't found one skull. I'm still having an utter blast with this game. I ran into two "bosses" defending some zone and holy shit was it tough. The key is to utilize every weapon and grenades you can access. Grappling to dodge etc. It's so satisfying to win a battle. My favorite gun is the BR and it is accurate and deadly. I love using the grapple hook to take over control of banshess and other types of vehicles.

@stepee I know you're not a fan of difficult games so when you play this I suggest you play on easy. Normal is challenging and satisfying but you die a lot. I can't imagine playing on a more difficult difficulty. This game fucking rules! 9/10 so far! I want to go back and play right now lol.

5 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I explored more this evening and still haven't found one skull. I'm still having an utter blast with this game. I ran into two "bosses" defending some zone and holy shit was it tough. The key is to utilize every weapon and grenades you can access. Grappling to dodge etc. It's so satisfying to win a battle. My favorite gun is the BR and it is accurate and deadly. I love using the grapple hook to take over control of banshess and other types of vehicles.

@stepee I know you're not a fan of difficult games so when you play this I suggest you play on easy. Normal is challenging and satisfying but you die a lot. I can't imagine playing on a more difficult difficulty. This game fucking rules! 9/10 so far! I want to go back and play right now lol.

Already set to easy! Yeah I remember how the AI can kick your ass even in Halo 5. I just finished deathloop so I’m going to play some more of this now but I might move my ps5 back out to the living room and get through some of those games first since I just played a bunch of fps.

26 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Well if you have the Grapple to lvl 3 or higher. Go back to The Tower and climb it to the very top to find the rare dialog skull and also see a vinyl album dedicated to Craig the Brute