Halo Infinite - Information Thread, update (01/15/24): Certain Affinity's battle royale project reportedly cancelled, UE5-based campaign project in development since 2022

JPDunks4

More achievement glitches. so I fired up a new game, this time on easy just so I could snag the collectables I missed in the story missions...and as I ended the first section....I got the lost and found achievement which I apparently didn't even know I never received the first time through. How is it that story based, supposed unmissable achievements are glitched? :lol:

On 12/11/2021 at 11:19 AM, skillzdadirecta said:

Nah they definitely made the aliens more understandable in this one especially the grunts, elites and jackals. 

Everyone should definitely listen to the grunt propaganda speeches. Those are really hilarious. 

I'm still early in the game but have we gotten any other alien races to shoot yet?

the Jackals sound just like Vorcha from Mass Effect 2/3. Kind of throws me off a bit every time they talk. lol

On 12/11/2021 at 5:51 PM, Mr.Vic20 said:

Not gonna lie, I died a few times already because I didn't pay enough attention to the plasma containers around me and every so often a brute or sniper would tag one and send me flying! I do LOVE that grapple stun though! Yet another feature that allows me to continue my quest to make Halo a boxing game and not a shooter! :sun:

keep an eye out for Brutes that will just lob one from down town and nail you. They just toss it way up in the air and it finds you. The animation almost looks like the physics just glitched out, and then you blow up several seconds later. 

53 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

yet another early achievement I didn't get first time around: Together Again when you get Weapon. It's funny looking at the dates for my achievements. 

Apparently some people have reported that resuming their game from a suspend makes achievements weird, but I dunno how well that has been vetted or if that’s what you’ve been doing.

For those that wanted more playlist they are now live!

Team Slayer

Free-for-All

Tactical Slayer ("SWAT")

Fiesta

Looking forward to playing some SWAT tonight.

Slayer_Playlist_1920x1080.jpg
WWW.HALOWAYPOINT.COM

<p>Lock and load, Spartans – Several new updates have been deployed for Halo Infinite’s multiplayer today including community requested playlist additions and challenge adjustments. We’re humbled and grateful at the showing of support since launch – thank you to everyone who has provided constructive feedback and reported issues at the Halo...

16 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Screenshot__623_.png
WWW.POLYGON.COM

Zeta Halo’s propaganda towers deliver a hilarious podcast

Look, the Halo franchise has always been pretty funny. Grunts are known for their nonsense battle quips, and I’ve absolutely grown to love my goofy marine buddies. But Halo Infinite is taking it to a new level. The marines, once again, are ridiculous — but it’s the grunt dialogue that stands out. There’s the usual battle chat that happens when attacking a base-load of enemies, but developer 343 Industries has essentially created a grunt podcast that’s broadcast over the entirety of Zeta Halo.

One activity in Halo Infinite is to seek out and destroy these propaganda towers, which earns me valor. That’s well and good, but don’t destroy these towers without giving them a listen. Else, you’ll miss out on the grunt communications officer musing on a number of different topics, like how stupid human names are: “Go back in time and tell your parents to try harder.”

Or maybe it’s the comms officer speaking directly to Master Chief, asking him to reconsider destroying the tower. “Okay? Just wait for a sec. Because if you take all these towers out, I’m out of a job. And if I’m no use to whatever hairy so-and-so takes over for Eascharum, I’m dead.”

Be advised:

halo_infinite_review_1.png
WWW.VG247.COM

A new Halo Infinite glitch erases save files and ruins multiplayer.

Both Xbox and PC players seem to be affected, it seems that there is a log-in related issue that erases your save file entirely. According to Resetera user 99humanity, after respawning in the third person mode and either clipping through the floor or floating around like the ghost of Christmas past, an Xbox sign-in prompt will appear. It will then prompt players to click “Let’s go” in order to log in. There’s only one problem – you’re already logged in. If you see this box tempting you, be sure to avoid it entirely. As you are already signed in, clicking the prompt to force the login process again appears to glitch your login, corrupting the save file.

• Thanks 1

It reads I'm 11 hours and 30 minutes into the game. @EternallDarkness said it took him 25 hours. I'm exploring here and there and occupying FOB's and taking my time. I'm getting pretty damn good at this game now. I'm really utilizing every weapon available and explosive canister for bigger tougher enemies. I still die but this evening I dominated pretty good. 

I hope I'm not close to the end because I'm having so much fun with this game I don't want it to end. The game flows so well and the key is how fun it is in combat. 

Phenomenal game and I can't wait unto co-op is inanabled next year. It will be so much fun playing with my nephew through this game. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, best3444 said:

It reads I'm 11 hours and 30 minutes into the game. @EternallDarkness said it took him 25 hours. I'm exploring here and there and occupying FOB's and taking my time. I'm getting pretty damn good at this game now. I'm really utilizing every weapon available and explosive canister for bigger tougher enemies. I still die but this evening I dominated pretty good. 

I hope I'm not close to the end because I'm having so much fun with this game I don't want it to end. The game flows so well and the key is how fun it is in combat. 

Phenomenal game and I can't wait unto co-op is inanabled next year. It will be so much fun playing with my nephew through this game. 

and I definitely took my time with the game, I killed all but one high value target and took over all FOBs, did the extra side missions before completing the game

Huh, I didn’t think I played that much but apparently I’m about half way through! Part of that is it’s just running at a good clip, letting me play fun and breezy and introducing new elements and story pieces at a good pace. Loving the draw distance and level of detail, makes fights with enemies from afar look super cool. 

Between this, RE8, Far Cry 6, and Deathloop, it’s been a great fps year despite the big two being terrible!

52 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

and I definitely took my time with the game, I killed all but one high value target and took over all FOBs, did the extra side missions before completing the game

What do you mean you killed the high value targets? Also, where do I receive side missions?

30 minutes ago, best3444 said:

What do you mean you killed the high value targets? Also, where do I receive side missions?

just open up the Halo Map with the left select button and you will see markers on your map for high value targets, main story, distress call from soldiers and more

• Thanks 1

One complaint and I think this is just a common thing I’m noticing in games, but I wish they mapped the abilities to different buttons or something rather than how you switch them. I find the current way very unintuitive in free flowing through the ability options. I thought Psychonauts could have mapped better for some abilities you use all the time as well as another recent example of this. I especially don’t want to have to go to a menu first ever to do a movement ability.

I would just make grapple always rb, it’s fundamental to the very core of the game. Thrusters could be on l3 like in Deathloop for dodge. Relay could just be the right arrow held down and right arrow tap is shield. Or whatever for the last two, they are toggle abilities so they could be easily mapped to whatever. But yeah, there, I made it all more smooth. They would still share the same stamina I assume but it would have me using other abilities besides grapple more.

2 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

I rewatched the original gameplay reveal, the one that got all the flack for the graphics, and, honestly, the graphics don’t seem that much different. The released game is definitely better, but it’s not like a night and day difference:

I find whenever something gets memed like that brute did, you end up getting really exaggerated opinions on how bad a game looks.

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

The high value targets are the red symbols, when you beat them you gain access to augmented weapon variants. The 'side missions' are the purple symbols, things like taking out the vehicle repair center or destroying storage tanks and the like. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, stepee said:

I find whenever something gets memed like that brute did, you end up getting really exaggerated opinions on how bad a game looks.

It’s just interesting to go back and rewatch that, especially since I just beat that area last night. It’s neat to see the graphical difference, but also to see how it just looks like “high settings” vs “ultra”.

I still have a ways to go I think, but I really hope they have campaign DLC in the future. They can do a lot with this open world and they have nailed and evolved the Halo formula.

Whoever is responsible for the changes in 343 design philosophy deserves a raise, because they finally got it.

1 minute ago, legend said:

I still have a ways to go I think, but I really hope they have campaign DLC in the future. They can do a lot with this open world and they have nailed and evolved the Halo formula.

Whoever is responsible for the changes in 343 design philosophy deserves a raise, because they finally got it.

I am sure they are. There are areas on the map you can reach even with vehicles, you get a warning to turn back before you get reset and 343 recently trademarked Halo The Endless, which I assume will be the name of the DLC 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, legend said:

I believe the idea is that Infinite is it for Halo this generation and they just keep adding to it, so you should get your wish!

• Like 1

Just now, legend said:

I want to highlight that as someone who has followed the Halo series since all we knew about it was the code name blam! I think this Halo successfully captures the feel of this early 2000 trailer better than any of the Halo's.

YES! I was thinking this as I was playing it. I was actually at that E3 (which if you could only go to one e3, was an amazing year to pick) and stood in the hour long line to watch the bungie presentation on it and this is the form it was in. Xbox was already showing at that E3 so it must have been right before it switched? Anyway, it does make it extra cool finally having a game that matches that memory. Always thought it interested me more than what we got.

2 minutes ago, stepee said:

YES! I was thinking this as I was playing it. I was actually at that E3 (which if you could only go to one e3, was an amazing year to pick) and stood in the hour long line to watch the bungie presentation on it and this is the form it was in. Xbox was already showing at that E3 so it must have been right before it switched? Anyway, it does make it extra cool finally having a game that matches that memory. Always thought it interested me more than what we got.

Awesome! Yeah I think it was only a couple months later or something when MS bought Bungie and prior to that it was a PC title.

1 hour ago, silentbob said:

just open up the Halo Map with the left select button and you will see markers on your map for high value targets, main story, distress call from soldiers and more

1 hour ago, EternallDarkness said:

The high value targets are the red symbols, when you beat them you gain access to augmented weapon variants. The 'side missions' are the purple symbols, things like taking out the vehicle repair center or destroying storage tanks and the like. 

Thanks guys. I was a bit confused in how the map worked. I'm going to spend my time on that so I don't beat the game so quickly. 

26 minutes ago, legend said:

I want to highlight that as someone who has followed the Halo series since all we knew about it was the code name blam! I think this Halo successfully captures the feel of this early 2000 trailer better than any of the Halo's.

It's hard to imagine that I used to think that looked amazing 🤦

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, legend said:

Mac Halo = greatest Halo

• Like 1

halo_infinite.jpg
WWW.POLYGON.COM

Challenges continue to be tweaked

“Challenges have been iterated and tuned, removing outliers and adjusting troublesome entries, while also helping to speed up overall Battle Pass progression,” 343 Industries said in a Halo Waypoint blog post. “So far, we’re happy with the results of these changes, but we know there are plenty of opportunities to continue evolving and improving.”

Tuesday’s update removed certain challenges, like ones that are mode- and activity-specific. If they haven’t been removed, they’ve had their requirements lowered, or “weight reduced across the challenge pool.” General challenge weight, instead, has been increased.