Halo Infinite - Information Thread, update (01/15/24): Certain Affinity's battle royale project reportedly cancelled, UE5-based campaign project in development since 2022

JPDunks4

Played 3 straight fucking hours this afternoon. God I love this game. I had a boss encounter that took me 4 different tries to beat and it's a semi long battle. I got frustrated but was still excited to beat him. When I finally beat him it felt so great. 

This game on normal is a challenge to me but such a fair challenge. It reads I'm 13 hours in and I feel like I may be getting near the end. So I saved at a spot where I finally made it outside. I'm going to do every FOB and side missions before moving on to the campaign. I also got that update today too. 

I hope you guys are having as much fun as I am with this. A SOLID 9/10 game. 

Finished this off today on Legendary.  Final encounter toook me a lot of tries, got pretty frustrating.

I really enjoyed all of it, and its gotten me more interested in a lot of Halos lore.  Really cant wait for the TV show now, and i want to go back and replay the original 7 games sometime next year.

1 hour ago, JPDunks4 said:

Finished this off today on Legendary.  Final encounter toook me a lot of tries, got pretty frustrating.

I really enjoyed all of it, and its gotten me more interested in a lot of Halos lore.  Really cant wait for the TV show now, and i want to go back and replay the original 7 games sometime next year.

A lot of the lore takes place in the books too. 

17 hours ago, JPDunks4 said:

How long did it take you to beat it?

The Armor stuff is cool but I hope they kinda lean into the weapons too. I’d love to see more Kill Effects, more cool gun effects maybe something like changing what the Rockets or particle beams actually look like. The concept of Halo MP is generally pretty silly when you break it down and I hope they lean into that a bit. Not saying go full Fortnite stupid, just a little more creativity. 

I love when I guess correctly and enter a room with two of those big ass armor brutes or whatever loaded with an energy sword and 7 missiles which happened to be the exact right amount. That saved me about 5 minutes. There really are so many great organic gameplay moments in this and it has a way of making you approach things from unique angles and doing it your own way, without making you have to think about it too much. 

Oh yeah and I got the grapple shock kick thing maxed out now and that rullllleeesss.

Also it’s obvious but it just didn’t occur to me that of course you would be able to

get into the flying vehicles and fly around the open world

, which is pretty awesome and looks amazing with how smooth it all is.

• Like 1

@stepee Well I'm 15 hours in now and I had a hell of a battle this evening. Without spoiling anything they throw every enemy type at you in 2 different gigantic rooms including the armor brutes. That tested my skills even on normal. Then I fought the second boss in command which was a real bitch. THEN I immediately fight the main bad guy and that was very difficult! I thought I beat the game but nope, there's more afterwards which is cool but intimidating. The gun layout and types are key to utilize to win these fights. 

I feel I'm really close to beating this game but I don't want it to end. When I initially loaded up my game in the open world I wanted to do FOBs and fight the main enemies around the map. BUT, it said fast travel is offline? Anyone run into that? Is that a glitch or what? What am I missing?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Zaku3 said:

Do the games mention the lore that is found in the books?

I will go through the MCC when I finish Infinite. 

some of the things Cortana and Dr Halsey say in the games that are reference to MC as a kid or prior to Halo CE are references to the book Fall of Reach. 

On 12/15/2021 at 3:51 PM, best3444 said:

Played 3 straight fucking hours this afternoon. God I love this game. I had a boss encounter that took me 4 different tries to beat and it's a semi long battle. I got frustrated but was still excited to beat him. When I finally beat him it felt so great. 

This game on normal is a challenge to me but such a fair challenge. It reads I'm 13 hours in and I feel like I may be getting near the end. So I saved at a spot where I finally made it outside. I'm going to do every FOB and side missions before moving on to the campaign. I also got that update today too. 

I hope you guys are having as much fun as I am with this. A SOLID 9/10 game. 

So far the boss encounters are my least favorite part of the game. Emptying a fully stocked rocket launcher into an enemy and barely getting their shield down to half is kind of bull shit. 

Anyways, I am really liking the Commando in the campaign though. To me it feels like crap in the multiplayer, but against AI feels pretty good. I think it is my favorite weapon right now in the campaign. In combination with one of those rapid fire plasma rifles and it’s better than most power weapons. 

Vehicle to Vehicle combat still kind of sucks. lol especially with higher health enemies. It’s faster, easier, and less risky to just jump out of your vehicle and grapple jack their’s for the kill than it is to duke it out Ghost vs Ghost. lol 

Best open world game? Eh, so far not yet. Favorite open world game? no, again at least not yet, but I don’t see it suddenly improving in any way. Best Halo game? Eh, still too early, but it’s also missing too much that always “makes” a Halo experience for me. Shared moments with friends. Those awesome, hilarious, fun moments that organically happen when you’re playing cooperatively with friends. But this does feel like 343’s best Halo game. But that isn’t saying much, since before Halo Infinite 343’s best Halo game was worse than Bungie’s worst Halo game. Good game though? Uh, yeah! So far at least. 

Anyone interested in some Free Multiplayer Skins

ee59cf_07e12f31ad424188a69398d6aef17359~

HCS Launch Armor Coating for Mark VII, Mark V , and Yoroi

Available: 12/17/21 7:00 A.M. PST - 12/19/21 6:00 P.M. PST

Unlock requirements: Watch Myth, summit1g, cloakzy, or TeePee for a minimum of 1 hour.

ee59cf_2a112e5fb7cd45b08dc5a92fe5250f08~

HCS Launch Weapon Coating for BR75 Battle Rifle, MK50 Sidekick, and MA40 Assault Rifle 

Available: 12/17/21 6:00 A.M. PST - 12/19/21 7:00 P.M. PST

Unlock requirements: Watch Halo, halo_test, HCS, hcs_red, or hcs_blue for a minimum of 1 hour.

ee59cf_614342ba66a244b1826b82c2d0ab09ff~

Victory Shout Stance

Available: 12/19/21 2:00 P.M. PST - 12/19/21 6:00 P.M. PST

Unlock requirements: Watch Halo, halo_test, HCS, hcs_red, or hcs_blue for a minimum of 1 hour.

3 hours ago, stepee said:

Beat the campaign last night and definitely the most fun I’ve ever had with the franchise and one of the years best. 

I just beat it 15 minutes ago. Holy shit was the ending difficult! I was about to give up and went back to the menu thinking I could switch the difficulty to easy. Nope. Once you select the difficulty for the campaign you're stuck. 

What a great game and I had so much fun with it. I am a bit suspect if @EternallDarkness beat this game on normal because I always remember him saying how terrible he is at games. :p

I'm pretty proud of myself for beating this game for how challenging it was. I can't wait until their next game. They'll really take advantage of the XSX and it should be stunning. 

I was going to continue to play to do side missions and occupy FOBs but I really want to jump into Guardians of the Galaxy tomorrow. 

Overall I'd give Halo a 9/10. Terrific comeback for Halo.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I just beat it 15 minutes ago. Holy shit was the ending difficult! I was about to give up and went back to the menu thinking I could switch the difficulty to easy. Nope. Once you select the difficulty for the campaign you're stuck. 

What a great game and I had so much fun with it. I am a bit suspect if @EternallDarkness beat this game on normal because I always remember him saying how terrible he is at games. :p

I'm pretty proud of myself for beating this game for how challenging it was. I can't wait until their next game. They'll really take advantage of the XSX and it should be stunning. 

I was going to continue to play to do side missions and occupy FOBs but I really want to jump into Guardians of the Galaxy tomorrow. 

Glad you got to play it on the Series X

• Thanks 1
  • True 1

49 minutes ago, best3444 said:

You can change the difficulty. Go to the main menu, then select *load* NOT *continue* and from the load screen you can change the difficulty.

Kind of counter intuitive, but that's what I did when I got fed up trying to beat Bassus on Heroic in that narrow hallway with no freakin explosive barrels :p  Then I quit and immediately changed it back to Heroic.

Glad you made it through anyway though!

Last night I finished all the FOBs, marine recuses, and high-value targets. Just the story to finish out now.

Flying the Wasp through a deep cave to rescue some marines was pretty awesome in a "surprise mother fucker!" way :p 

30 minutes ago, legend said:

You can change the difficulty. Go to the main menu, then select *load* NOT *continue* and from the load screen you can change the difficulty.

Kind of counter intuitive, but that's what I did when I got fed up trying to beat Bassus on Heroic in that narrow hallway with no freakin explosive barrels :p  Then I quit and immediately changed it back to Heroic.

Glad you made it through anyway though!

Last night I finished all the FOBs, marine recuses, and high-value targets. Just the story to finish out now.

Flying the Wasp through a deep cave to rescue some marines was pretty awesome in a "surprise mother fucker!" way :p 

I swore I looked in the load options etc.

Well I feel better beating it on normal anyway. That's impressive you're playing on Heroic.  BTW, you're in for a treat if you thought Bassus was tough lol.

1 hour ago, Biggie said:

Glad you got to play it on the Series X

Yep, perfect timing and the game ran and looked beautiful.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

ok FINALLY you are starting Guardians

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

:lol: believe me I was swearing at many points throughout the game, especially when I had to deal with not just reg hunters but the higher level hunters, especially the high value target hunters...I used so every bullet I could find and then some and then the skull that is protected by the two hunters, I finally managed to kill one and then just ran and grabbed the skull and then used the hook to climb like hell and get away. I will say when I restarted the game on easy to I could go do some hunting for the skulls and audio thingies that I missed in missions and couldn't go back for I was amazed by how much easier it was.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

:lol: believe me I was swearing at many points throughout the game, especially when I had to deal with not just reg hunters but the higher level hunters, especially the high value target hunters...I used so every bullet I could find and then some and then the skull that is protected by the two hunters, I finally managed to kill one and then just ran and grabbed the skull and then used the hook to climb like hell and get away. I will say when I restarted the game on easy to I could go do some hunting for the skulls and audio thingies that I missed in missions and couldn't go back for I was amazed by how much easier it was.

That's cool you did beat it on normal. Yea, there were times I had to take deep breathes after constantly dying on a boss. They did at least give some checkpoints in the middle of some bosses which helped a lot.