What mythical games are left?

Spork3245

9 minutes ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

No, but it was one of the first (theoretically) next-gen games to be revealed back in February 2013.

That alone is enough to make it qualify for mythic status.

It needs hype and a large fanbase to be mythical, IMO. The only thing I remember it had going for it was the graphics - it's not a game people have continually brought up throughout the generation. FF7 Remake, for example, was talked about since the PS2-era and begged for since that PS3 tech demo.

5 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

It needs hype and a large fanbase to be mythical, IMO. The only thing I remember it had going for it was the graphics - it's not a game people have continually brought up throughout the generation. FF7 Remake, for example, was talked about since the PS2-era and begged for since that PS3 tech demo.

"Where is Deep Down?" has pretty much been a refrain (even if said mockingly) during this generation.

22 minutes ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

"Where is Deep Down?" has pretty much been a refrain (even if said mockingly) during this generation.

Has it really? I seriously don't see it mentioned often, but I pretty much only post here for my gaming stuff :p . If that's the case then I guess it could count, I personally just can't see it on the level of FF7 Remake from pre-E3 2015 or even The Last Guardian pre-E3 2015.

Just now, Keyser_Soze said:

Hide contents

It's a complete game as it introduces a whole new story / saga to the FF7 universe.

Spoiler

It's a complete piece of shit as it uses Kingdom Hearts bullshit (literally ripping a boss out of Kingdom Hearts) in order to retcon and then fanfic the series into Nomura garbage. It is not a complete game, however, as even in this context it still serves as an introduction to the next part of the game. It is an incomplete story just like every Kingdom Hearts game. Thanks, Nomura.

34 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

I wish they’d put FF6 on Switch. I don’t even care if it’s not part of the SNES online app. 

Watch what you wish for. They might give you the mobile port with the """""""""""""""""""""enhanced""""""""""""""""""""" sprite work.

18 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

Games of huge franchises (Last Guardian falls under Ico/Shadow of the Colossus) that were/are supposed to be coming and then disappeared and have basically become a meme/joke.

So far I don’t feel like anything mentioned meets the level from the 4 in the OP. Unannounced things that people would freak out about don’t fall under this. :p 

With that I disagree FF7 should make the list then.  Square never said they would remake it til recently when they actually did remake a portion of it lol.  It was only fanboys that kept screaming to remake it.

16 minutes ago, eggydoo said:

With that I disagree FF7 should make the list then.  Square never said they would remake it til recently when they actually did remake a portion of it lol.  It was only fanboys that kept screaming to remake it.

Some fans always wanted it, but Square did fuel the fire with the PS3 Tech demo.

36 minutes ago, eggydoo said:

That's not true. It was teased since the PS2-era with an updated FF8 and FF9 to follow it. After the RE1 Remake/update on GCN was considered to have done poorly (which is why 2 and 3 never came on GCN), SE backed away from all of their remake plans (as did Capcom, obviously). Then, the did that PS3 tech demo further fanning the flames.

26 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Then, the did that PS3 tech demo further fanning the flames.

ooh yeah i completely forgot about that

With that, does KH3 count then?  They've had so many stupid versions between 2 and 3, it felt like 3 would never come out til it did.

20 minutes ago, eggydoo said:

ooh yeah i completely forgot about that

With that, does KH3 count then?  They've had so many stupid versions between 2 and 3, it felt like 3 would never come out til it did.

It kinda does, however, I feel like KH was more-or-less forgotten about with only throw-away “KH2.3646735547744 x π“ games coming out and annoying people more than hyping them for number 3 :p 

On 4/22/2020 at 6:45 PM, Spork3245 said:

Star Citizen would count if you couldn’t kick start and play it, but it would definitely count otherwise. What’s Agent? You’re not the first to mention it

Eh, I'm still skeptical of the single player campaign ever releasing so I would count it. Is it too early to add the next Batman game from Rocksteady?