What mythical games are left?

Spork3245

I see people requesting Dino Crisis any time an REmake is being talked about.

People still want a Pokemon MMO.

It is more rare, but I see some people asking for OoT to be remade. 

Not sure if they of that reaches mythical status. I don't think so, but that is all I got. 

30 minutes ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

How are we defining "mythical"?

Are we talking about games that we wish would be made or are we talking about games that we know are theoretically in development?

Games of huge franchises (Last Guardian falls under Ico/Shadow of the Colossus) that were/are supposed to be coming and then disappeared and have basically become a meme/joke.

So far I don’t feel like anything mentioned meets the level from the 4 in the OP. Unannounced things that people would freak out about don’t fall under this. :p 

I think Beyond Good & Evil 2 actually being a thing that is real and releases will be the closest, yeah. I think that’s probably at least close to Last Guardian for this.

Besides Half Life 3 of course, Left 4 Dead 3 maybe? I’m pretty sure it was being worked on at one point.

Agent and Deep Down?

I agree @Spork3245 I don't think any have been mentioned yet that really qualify. 

I don't think this does either but if enough years go by I think Bloodborne remake or 2 may reach that status (though I think we're gonna see a sequel announced in the next year or two). 

Not really the same thing but sort of in the same realm is a new NCAA football game. 

Maybe Silent Hills?

2 minutes ago, stepee said:

I think Beyond Good & Evil 2 actually being a thing that is real and releases will be the closest, yeah. I think that’s probably at least close to Last Guardian for this.

Besides Half Life 3 of course, Left 4 Dead 3 maybe? I’m pretty sure it was being worked on at one point.

Agent and Deep Down?

Yea, BG&E2 is definitely the closest to matching what’s in the OP as to what’s been mentioned.

1 minute ago, Spork3245 said:

:lol: 

?

I don't get how not hearing of a game is laughable. I wasn't even born when the first game came out so.... Yeah. Never heard of the series until then. I guess you could be laughing because of my previous comment, but I wasn't living under a rock. I just wasn't born. And I was in like kindergarten when 3D came out.  I also only played console until 2011. 

5 minutes ago, Bacon said:

?

I don't get how not hearing of a game is laughable. I wasn't even born when the first game came out so.... Yeah. Never heard of the series until then. I guess you could be laughing because of my previous comment, but I wasn't living under a rock. I just wasn't born. And I was in like kindergarten when 3D came out.  I also only played console until 2011. 

Edit: Mis-read your post.  3D was the only game that mattered.  It was HUGE at the time - and came out on console.

6 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

You weren't born in 1996?  How young are you?

No, was I born in Dec 92. DN 1 came out in 91 and 2 came out in 93. 3D came out in 96. I was like 3-4 years old when 3D came out. 

At least according to the wiki. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duke_Nukem

Edit: I see your edit. Again, I was 3-4 when it came out. 

I was alive and aware of Duke Nukem and never had any reverence for it. Lol'd with a buddy who showed me a few of the jokes, which we were the appropriate age for. I dunno, looking back I think if you were like in your 20s and thought that game was funny maybe that's kind of embarrassing? Maybe I'm not giving time and place enough credit though. Just seems like the only people who should have been laughing at that were younger teenagers who shouldn't be playing it... 

I always felt that way about Conker as well. But I'm probably just a spoil sport. 

2 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

I was alive and aware of Duke Nukem and never had any reverence for it. Lol'd with a buddy who showed me a few of the jokes, which we were the appropriate age for. I dunno, looking back I think if you were like in your 20s and thought that game was funny maybe that's kind of embarrassing? Maybe I'm not giving time and place enough credit though. Just seems like the only people who should have been laughing at that were younger teenagers who shouldn't be playing it... 

I always felt that way about Conker as well. But I'm probably just a spoil sport. 

It came out at a time that there weren't very many good FPS games.  The gaming market also skewed much younger than it does today.  The legend of Duke Nukem forever grew driven by the constant marketing releases / gaming press coverage through the years -- IMHO, it made it into a much bigger thing that the previous game was.

I only played a couple of levels of it --  it never grabbed me -- however, the "Balls of Steel" meme endured for a long time.

2 minutes ago, silentbob said:

Tommy Tallarico kept promising me a new Earthworm Jim game was in the works. . . . I’m still waiting some 10+ years on that from his ignboard posting days.

It's supposedly still coming, but as an exclusive for the Amico.