PlayStation 5 OT - Play Has No Limits, update: financial report indicates no major first-party/exclusive PS5 releases prior to end of March 2025, PS5 in "latter half" of console cycle

Commissar SFLUFAN

15 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

I never finished it, no. If The Old Hunters is a separate area, I never ended up there, though I have the content purchased. I think part of the issue I ran into was that I feel like I ended up in an area “out of order”? I remember going to a new place where the difficulty seemed to spike dramatically, I went from normal Dark Souls level struggle to getting washed / one hit by every mob in whatever spot I was in. But it’s been long enough that I’m not confident my recall is correct and I have no knowledge of what was waxing me. Bugs? Vampires? Bug vampires? No idea.

21 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

I never finished it, no. If The Old Hunters is a separate area, I never ended up there, though I have the content purchased. I think part of the issue I ran into was that I feel like I ended up in an area “out of order”? I remember going to a new place where the difficulty seemed to spike dramatically, I went from normal Dark Souls level struggle to getting washed / one hit by every mob in whatever spot I was in. But it’s been long enough that I’m not confident my recall is correct and I have no knowledge of what was waxing me. Bugs? Vampires? Bug vampires? No idea.

Bug Vampires...you ended up at Castle Cainhurst. Those things hit like a fucking 18 Wheeler out of the blue and the subsequent boss is best saved for later anyway.

3 hours ago, SimpleG said:

Finally got it set up

IMG-1236

2 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Look at smarty pants here who even has it laying the right way!

Sure, it looks like a nice setup, but here's a view of his house from the outside....

Spoiler

tumblr_inline_ou6w9uiaS81tg5wat_640.jpg

Spoiler

The PS5 is a very large console.

• Shocked 1

I do enjoy how everyone’s just winging it this generation. Went to the PlayStation store and spent a few minutes looking for the PS5 version of Hitman 3 unsuccessfully. Finally read the description of the game and learned that if I get the PS4 version, I get the PS5 version for free! Because this is an intuitive way to sell software. 

Also after initially installing Miles Morales and playing around on the PS5 menu, I realized the app was defaulting to the PS4 version. Why would that even be an option, let alone the default?

1 hour ago, Kal-El814 said:

I do enjoy how everyone’s just winging it this generation. Went to the PlayStation store and spent a few minutes looking for the PS5 version of Hitman 3 unsuccessfully. Finally read the description of the game and learned that if I get the PS4 version, I get the PS5 version for free! Because this is an intuitive way to sell software. 

Also after initially installing Miles Morales and playing around on the PS5 menu, I realized the app was defaulting to the PS4 version. Why would that even be an option, let alone the default?

Click on the "..." next to the play button. Itll show you what version. If you're playing ps5, itll give you the option to switch to PS4 and vice versa..

15 hours ago, stepee said:

I’ll get to that one some day!

I've had an itch to return to that world, and while I'm playing a lot of next gen stuff currently, I might finally give in and start a new game. It's one of those games where "dicking around" still feels like you're doing something relevant to the story. And I don't even mind just roaming around doing random stuff in open-world games.

My only real gripe so far (aside from random crashes which I assume are failed r/w operations that will be patched eventually) is the home menu.  It doesn't feel as intuitive as the PS4 home screen was.  I probably haven't figured out all the little shortcuts and stuff, but various functions seem needlessly compartmentalized or illogically separated.  

1 hour ago, Slug said:

My only real gripe so far (aside from random crashes which I assume are failed r/w operations that will be patched eventually) is the home menu.  It doesn't feel as intuitive as the PS4 home screen was.  I probably haven't figured out all the little shortcuts and stuff, but various functions seem needlessly compartmentalized or illogically separated.  

It’s not you, the UI is bad.

Finally got an order in through Best Buy. Should be here by Tuesday if all goes well. Definitely the hardest it's been for me to get a gadget in a long time. I've been subscribed to twitter feeds and notification apps and discord channels since launch. Looking forward to giving it a go.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, TwinIon said:

Finally got an order in through Best Buy. Should be here by Tuesday if all goes well. Definitely the hardest it's been for me to get a gadget in a long time. I've been subscribed to twitter feeds and notification apps and discord channels since launch. Looking forward to giving it a go.

Congrats. I was super lucky to get two (bought a second for my son for xmas). Its crazy Sony hasn't been able to get out a lot more consoles than they have.

1 hour ago, BloodyHell said:

Congrats. I was super lucky to get two (bought a second for my son for xmas). Its crazy Sony hasn't been able to get out a lot more consoles than they have.

They’ve been getting out plenty, afaik. The issue is still bots and the scalpers using them, same with the XSX/XSS, the RTX 30xx series GPUs, and Ryzen 5xxx series CPUs :/ 

12 minutes ago, GameDadGrant said:

I tried downloading a couple of games from the PS Store yesterday. I got one game downloaded (God of War) and then the console threw some random computer gibberish on screen and crashed itself. 

Awesome. 

Gonna try again today.

You have a PS5?

9 hours ago, GameDadGrant said:

I tried downloading a couple of games from the PS Store yesterday. I got one game downloaded (God of War) and then the console threw some random computer gibberish on screen and crashed itself. 

Awesome. 

Gonna try again today.

Happened to me too, but with Banjo Kazooie. And then it wouldn’t eject discs. For me, I had  to go into safe mode and do a system restart. I lost all my game installs. But I had my save files saved on the cloud so that was just a minor inconvenience to reinstall the games. That was 3 weeks ago and haven’t had a single problem since.

4 hours ago, nublood said:

Happened to me too, but with Banjo Kazooie. And then it wouldn’t eject discs. For me, I had  to go into safe mode and do a system restart. I lost all my game installs. But I had my save files saved on the cloud so that was just a minor inconvenience to reinstall the games. That was 3 weeks ago and haven’t had a single problem since.

Wait...Banjo-Kazooie? On PS5?

I did try to download the games again and this time it worked. Got Bloodborne too. There were a bunch of other games that caught my eye, but they take up a ton of space on the hard drive so I'll either just skip them or wait until I get an external hard drive for extra storage capacity.

11 hours ago, nublood said:

Banjo Kazooie? Safe mode? What?

4 hours ago, Mercury33 said:

Oh haha I figured it was something like that. But in my head I was picturing a scene where a 10 year old was watching his dad open a new console on Christmas morning while he opened socks 😂

Just making him watch while he enjoys the shit out of Astro for 4 hours on Christmas morning... "Maybe use them Sam's Choice socks to dry your salty ass tears son LOL"