When do you consider a dating anniversary to be?

Brick

My girlfriend and I just passed our one year anniversary, and that got me thinking when other people consider the dating anniversary to be. Obviously a wedding anniversary is obvious what day that falls on, but what about for dating?

I've always considered it to be the day you had your first date. Do you guys use other days, like when you became official/exclusive, when you first met (since the first day you meet isn't always necessarily the day you start dating), or some other signifier? 

Yeah I'd probably go by first date, although to be honest I don't always remember what day that was. With my current girlfriend it's easy because it's July 3; we met at a BBQ for the 4th of July (she had to work on the actual holiday).

First kiss. I would normally say first date but when I clearly asked my wife out to meet up at a bar for drinks, she swears it was not a date.  I call bullshit. She knew. Either way, it ended with her all over me so it turned into our anniversary. 

fat guy dancing GIF by Cheezburger

• Shocked 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/9/2020 at 12:14 PM, ManUtdRedDevils said:

First kiss. I would normally say first date but when I clearly asked my wife out to meet up at a bar for drinks, she swears it was not a date.  I call bullshit. She knew. Either way, it ended with her all over me so it turned into our anniversary. 

fat guy dancing GIF by Cheezburger

My g/f was wondering what this gif was, and I skipped it after the first few seconds the first time. But omg, I'm upset I didn't see the ending to this the first time. :lol: